Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul... Amazon #1 Best Seller

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul... Amazon #1 Best Seller

[url]http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/30/paul-no-1-on-amazoncom/[/url]

[QUOTE](CNN) — Ron Paul’s loyal supporters helped him set campaign fundraising records and capture more delegates during his presidential run than some of his high-profile Republican rivals. They even managed to briefly shut down Nevada’s GOP convention earlier this month over a rules change controversy.

Now they’ve taken his latest book to the top of the Amazon.com bestseller list.

“The Revolution: A Manifesto”, released earlier this month, is currently No. 1 on the Web site’s list of top sellers, besting even Oprah’s latest Book Club selection.

“Despite a media blackout, this septuagenarian physician-turned-congressman sparked a movement that has attracted a legion of young, dedicated, enthusiastic supporters . . . a phenomenon that has amazed veteran political observers and made more than one political rival envious,” boasts the book’s product description, adding: “Candidates across America are already running as ‘Ron Paul Republicans.’”[/QUOTE]

The Book is also #7 on the New York Times Best Seller and it officially came out today. From Amazon:

Ron Paul's legacy--from decades of principled defense of freedom, peace, and sound money--is inculcated in this very important book. Just the right length, it convincingly and eloquently advances the Ron Paul philosophy. It's a book for beginners and for all of us, no matter how well-read, on liberty, Austrian economics, the Federal Reserve, the free market, the welfare state, and the warfare state. No mere "campaign book," this is one for the ages. And I especially appreciated the suggested reading list at the end. Ron, thank you for your shining example in congress, for teaching millions through your presidential race, and for being--as this extraordinary book shows--the Tom Paine of the second American revolution. Fellow Ron Paul Republicans, we have only begun.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Ron Paul.

Two things, though:

1) I hope he covers, and sets the record straight, regarding the lazy charges of racism against him for the newsletter that had his name associated with it.

2) I hope he explains why, if he's so serious about "Revolution," he absolutely refuses to part with the party that spurned him and run as a 3rd party candidate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul is the only candidate that sparked my interest in this race, I will likely still be voting for him

I'll look this book up

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2518812]I like Ron Paul.

Two things, though:

1) I hope he covers, and sets the record straight, regarding the lazy charges of racism against him for the newsletter that had his name associated with it.

2) I hope he explains why, if he's so serious about "Revolution," he absolutely refuses to part with the party that spurned him and run as a 3rd party candidate.[/QUOTE]

Started reading it, not sure if those two points are in there but the so far the book has blown away my expectations. Great read so far, hoping to get the book into more peoples hands, if your interested in the real problems facing America today pick up this book :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    amazon says its not available until the 7th

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the only thing I wanted out of Ron Paul this cycle..

[QUOTE]“Candidates across America are already running as ‘Ron Paul Republicans.’”[/QUOTE]

Great, great news..

If repubs continue to see these philosophies as electable, the time will come when a charasmatic guy will run on this platform and win

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2518942]This is the only thing I wanted out of Ron Paul this cycle..

Great, great news..

If repubs continue to see these philosophies as electable, the time will come when a charasmatic guy will run on this platform and win[/QUOTE]

If you live in NJ you should vote Murry Sabrin for Senate on June 3rd primary... he is a Ron Paul Republican...

... and if you want to find out about other Ron Paul Republicans running this election cycle check out [url]www.paulcongress.com[/url]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2518812]I like Ron Paul.

Two things, though:

2) I hope he explains why, if he's so serious about "Revolution," he absolutely refuses to part with the party that spurned him and run as a 3rd party candidate.[/QUOTE]

Two very fair points

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2518812]
    1) I hope he covers, and sets the record straight, regarding the lazy charges of racism against him for the newsletter that had his name associated with it.[/QUOTE]

What is there to set strait that he hasn't already said?

The newsletters are available, as is his extensive answers regarding them. It would seem he's already "set the record strait" with his opinion/position on that topic.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2519098]If you live in NJ you should vote Murry Sabrin for Senate on June 3rd primary... he is a Ron Paul Republican...

... and if you want to find out about other Ron Paul Republicans running this election cycle check out [url]www.paulcongress.com[/url][/QUOTE]

Will do!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

[url]http://wonkette.com/385889/ron-paul-manifesto-drops-today-all-humans-must-buy-eight-copies[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the success of this book bodes well for the health of democracy...at one level.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;2535553]the success of this book bodes well for the health of democracy...at one level.[/QUOTE]

Care to flesh that out a little bit?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now New York Times #1 Best Seller.... yet no media coverage... our media is a joke.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jefethegreat;2548610]Now [B]New York Times #1 Best Seller[/B].... yet no media coverage... our media is a joke.[/QUOTE]

No media coverage at all... except from the New York Times, that is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What am I missing with Ron Paul? I never understood his rather large following. I think that his principles are noble, but they seem more utopian than practical to me. Can someone educate me on this guy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=treehorn;2548687]What am I missing with Ron Paul? I never understood his rather large following. I think that his principles are noble, but they seem more utopian than practical to me. Can someone educate me on this guy?[/QUOTE]
    He's the only one who understands what causes a currency collapse and the baneful effects it has on a society

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=treehorn;2548687]What am I missing with Ron Paul? I never understood his rather large following. I think that his principles are noble, but they seem more utopian than practical to me. Can someone educate me on this guy?[/QUOTE]

Note the Republican TV debates, whereby every candidate who engaged Paul was left speechless and befuddled, ... you know, the instance just before the audience roared and the network quickly switched to something else.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2548698]Note the Republican TV debates, whereby every candidate who engaged Paul was left speechless and befuddled, ... you know, the instance just before the audience roared and the network quickly switched to something else.[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you in that he's better suited to run as a third party candidate.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsCrazey;2548688]He's the only one who understands what causes a currency collapse and the baneful effects it has on a society[/QUOTE]

He labeled those rate cuts as taxes and inflation early on also