Game 1. Beddard vs. Wang

Wang continues his non-elite pitching.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Wang continues his non-elite pitching.
    6-0 is just awful

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    6-0 is just awful
    They should toss him from the league. 38 wins over two years. 6-0 this year. Not elite at all!

Veteran
    Yeah, look at those stats, terrible. I mean, he doesn't strike anyone out, he can't be an ace!!!!1!!1!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    6-0 is just awful

On this date last year, Wang was 0-2.

On this date in 2006, Wang was 1-1.

He won 19 games both seasons.

Already 6-0, this year could be one of those special ones.
    Last edited by Phoenixx; 05-02-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Stop it! Only Johan Santana is elite. Remember, only WHIP and ERA count, not the W-L.

Stop it! Only Johan Santana is elite. Remember, only WHIP and ERA count, not the W-L.
    And here's the weekly reminder from AJGunns. Why is it we only hear from you after your boy pitches a good game?

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    And here's the weekly reminder from AJGunns. Why is it we only hear from you after your boy pitches a good game?
    You hear from me after EACH game he pitches.

i wonder if we could find any pictures of chien ming half-naked and well lubed.

You hear from me after EACH game he pitches.
    Really? Then why is it that we didn't hear from you when he got shelled for 8 runs against the Red Sox a couple weeks ago? Did you happen to be too busy that particular day to give us our weekly reminder?

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    i wonder if we could find any pictures of chien ming half-naked and well lubed.
    Just ask AJ. I'm sure he can hook you up.

All League
    Remember, only WHIP and ERA count, not the W-L.
    WHIP and ERA are definitely better stats for pitchers than W-L which are largely dependent on the team behind you. How many extra wins do you think a starter gets pitching on the Yankees vs. pitching on the Royals? I'd say at least 5.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    WHIP and ERA are definitely better stats for pitchers than W-L which are largely dependent on the team behind you. How many extra wins do you think a starter gets pitching on the Yankees vs. pitching on the Royals? I'd say at least 5.

yeah whip, era, k/9, and k/bb those are the 4 best ways to evaluate a pitcher, imo.

w-l are great, but aren't as good of an indicator of just how dominant a pitcher is.

Hall Of Fame
    Not this year so far. Yankees are in the middle of the pack in runs scored.

At the end of the day, I will take a win over a good WHIP or ERA. Good pitchers find a way to win on any given day. If the team scores 5 and he gives up 4, he did his job well.

It's the pitcher's job to give up at least one fewer runs than the team scores.
    If being on the Yankees was the reason why he has won 38 over two seasons, why don't all Yankees pitchers have as many wins?

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Just ask AJ. I'm sure he can hook you up.
    Dude, if you want to see my penis, just ask. You have been all over my jock and it's getting annoying.

Dude, if you want to see my penis, just ask. You have been all over my jock and it's getting annoying.
    Whatever you say man. And you still didn't answer the question. Why aren't you ever around if CMW doesn't pitch a GOOD game? Is that your too busy blowing him on his off-days? Or wait, are you blowing the guy in your avatar?

Hall Of Fame
    You both need to chill...

Hello Sean!
    Sorry I've been pretty busy.