Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Ham: I'm disapointed with you man where is Part II

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Ham: I'm disapointed with you man where is Part II

Did i miss it?
    You promise the next day Part II Ham thats not cool my friend!!!

2008 NY Jets: Talented, Versatile & Good {Part I}

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    This is a Good football team now, TALENTED & GOOD, definitely a playoff contender in my view, but its also a far more versatile team on both sides of the ball, something I believe Mangini has been striving for since day one

This team now has the personnel to do the things Mangini likes to do, to attack the opposition in many different ways and to in turn be a much tougher team to prepare for and a much tougher team to beat

Lets look at some of the situations on offense

The O-line stays the same, Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold, Moore and Woody

What was easily the 2007 NY Jets biggest weakness has essentially been transformed into our biggest strength, and the O-line is not a bad place to the strong, not if you know anything at all about football it isn't .. now maybe Bender pushes Moore, but lets look at some of the skill packages

I don't know who the Quarterback will be, Chad or Kellen, but lets save that topic for another thread

So lets look at some of the skill packages and situational substitution

BASE PACKAGE
    RB Thomas Jones or Leon Washington
    FB Tony Richardson
    WR Lavernaues Coles
    WR Jerricho Cotchery
    TE Chris Baker or Dustin Keller

HURRY-UP SKILL PACKAGE
    RB Leon Washington
    WR Laveranues Coles
    WR Jerricho Cotchery
    SWR Chansi Stuckey
    H-BACK Dustin Keller

REDZONE PACKAGE
    RB Thomas Jones or Leon Washington
    WR Lavernaues Coles
    WR Jerricho Cotchery
    WR Marcus Henry
    TE/HB Dustin Keller

SHORT YARDAGE/GOAL LINE PACKAGE
    RB Jehuu Caulcrick
    FB Tony Richardson
    WR Marcus Henry
    TE Chris Baker
    TE Bubba Franks

I especially like that SY/GL Package and along with this new O-line I suspect the Jets are going to be lethal in SY/GL situations, whereas last year {and in recent years} the Jets have been awful in those situations .. but IMO this will be a Jets strength in 2008, they are built to lineup and punch you dead in the face, to tell you what's coming {SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL} and you still can't do anything to stop it

The redzone offense also looks vastly improved on paper with the addition of 6' 4" Marcus Henry and a bona-fide playmaking TE/H-Back in Dustin Keller, and of course behind a very good O-line with the threat of a running game that must be respected by the opposition as well lest they get gashed

Lastly, take a look at that skill package, that package can be a lot of fun, lot of skill position players who can hurt you and you have to pick your poison .. of course provided the Quarterback, whoever wins the job, can get the football to those players so they can make some noise .. but that is a dangerous skill package, not the greatest, but dangerous and hard to defend

========

Tomorrow I will look at the versatility on defense in PART II of this series and I think you'll find it is equally as versatile as the offense, with a much greater emphasis on hitting the Quarterback and far more stout at the point of attack as well with the addition of Mountain Man nose tackle, Kris Jenkins, and David Harris being a starter at ILB from day one

But we'll look at the defense tomorrow, base defense, situational subs, different packages, etc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry gwlmain, I'm feeling a little under the weather, some flu like symptoms {weak, tired, etc.}, so I'll have to put this off till I feel better because I don't want to give a half hearted effort, best not to do it at all until I can do it right

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry gwlmain, I'm feeling a little under the weather, some flu like symptoms {weak, tired, etc.}, so I'll have to put this off till I feel better because I don't want to give a half hearted effort, best not to do it at all until I can do it right
    i knew it... bum

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check for a bullseye rash. If this keeps up, get checked for Lym'es disease.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Ham, Drink alot of soup and liquid to get better soon because we need you back ASAP.