Thread: Democrats: Environmental hypocrits

All Pro

Democrats: Environmental hypocrits

If "man-made global warming" is such a big threat to humanity-- even bigger than terrorism (per libs), then why are dems not practicing what they preach? And why is it none of you green libs hold them accountable? Having that big D after your name gives you lots of perks, I guess. You can be an open bigot, abuse your interns, embezzle from the taxpayer and be major hypocrit and get away with it.

[URL]http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/05/what-do-members-of-congress-drive.php[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    And then there's Charles B. Rangel, the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, who uses a 2004 Cadillac Deville that is "[B][COLOR=darkred]17 feet long with a 300-horsepower engine and seats five comfortably[/COLOR][/B]." And his reason for driving such a behemoth?
    [INDENT]Mr. Rangel said he frequently offers rides to constituents so they can discuss their concerns in the luxurious confines of his DeVille. 'I want them to feel that they are somebody and their congressman is somebody,' Mr. Rangel explained. 'And when they say, ‘This is nice,’ it feels good.'[/INDENT]
    [/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Oh my God, politicians are hypocrites! I am shocked, shocked!! :zzz::zzz:

If smoking is really bad for your health why do so many doctors and nurses smoke?

[QUOTE=kennyo7;2523587]If smoking is really bad for your health why do so many doctors and nurses smoke?[/QUOTE]

B/c some doctors and nurses are idiots!!

The bigger question is why haven't we outlawed smoking? A couple of people get sick or die from eating some lettuce and it all pulled off the shelves, but dying from smoking ain't so bad, I guess! :thwak:

Why's Rangel driving such an old model? He should have a new Denali to cart folks around in which would also help the auto workers!

[QUOTE=asuusa;2531399]B/c some doctors and nurses are idiots!!
    [B]
    The bigger question is why haven't we outlawed smoking? [/B] A couple of people get sick or die from eating some lettuce and it all pulled off the shelves, but dying from smoking ain't so bad, I guess! :thwak:[/QUOTE]

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=asuusa;2531399]B/c some doctors and nurses are idiots!!

The bigger question is why haven't we outlawed smoking? A couple of people get sick or die from eating some lettuce and it all pulled off the shelves, but dying from smoking ain't so bad, I guess! :thwak:[/QUOTE]

forget about outlawing smoking....but smokers should definitely pay a higher cost for health insurance- no doubt...

It's all about the money.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2531516]forget about outlawing smoking....but smokers should definitely pay a higher cost for health insurance- no doubt...[/QUOTE]