Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallup Poll of 5/3: McCain still beating BO

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Gallup Poll of 5/3: McCain still beating BO

[IMG]http://media.gallup.com/poll/graphs/050408DailyUpdateGraph5_v7f4x9.gif[/IMG]

[url]http://www.gallup.com/poll/106981/Gallup-Daily-Obama-49-Clinton-45.aspx[/url]

Wonder why you are posting this? This is getting old.

It's interesting that the race between McCain and Clinton is a lot tighter.

I wonder if teh "big" Democrats (Kennedy, the majority of the delegates) are doing the right thing by throwing their support in Obama's corner

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2524589]It's interesting that the race between McCain and Clinton is a lot tighter.

I wonder if teh "big" Democrats (Kennedy, the majority of the delegates) are doing the right thing by throwing their support in Obama's corner[/QUOTE]

Once the Democratic nominee is chosen, all of the "big" Democrats will throw their support behind whoever it may be. Same exact thing happened with the Republicans. Remember all of the animosity towards McCain coming from the right? Hard to imagine that was only a short 3 months ago.

[QUOTE=parafly;2524592]Once the Democratic nominee is chosen, all of the "big" Democrats will throw their support behind whoever it may be. Same exact thing happened with the Republicans. Remember all of the animosity towards McCain coming from the right? Hard to imagine that was only a short 3 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Right, I realize that, but my point was, would Hillary have a better shot at beating McCain in the general election than Obama? Depending on whoever her VP would be, I think so.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2524607]Right, I realize that, but my point was, would Hillary have a better shot at beating McCain in the general election than Obama? Depending on whoever her VP would be, I think so.[/QUOTE]

Anyone is going to beat McCain.

Because the only difference between McCain and Bush is that Bush has a long life ahead of him. The general public will not vote for someone who runs the same failed policies as the current prez. The only reason McCain's is polling as high as he is is because with the democrats bickering McCain hasn't been able to hold the media's attention enough to get a word in edgewise.

Once that old codger starts flapping his dentures the public will cool off to him a great deal. And I'm not saying the democrats have better policies. They are just not Bush.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2524632]Anyone is going to beat McCain.

Because the only difference between McCain and Bush is that Bush has a long life ahead of him. The general public will not vote for someone who runs the same failed policies as the current prez. The only reason McCain's is polling as high as he is is because with the democrats bickering McCain hasn't been able to hold the media's attention enough to get a word in edgewise.

Once that old codger starts flapping his dentures the public will cool off to him a great deal. And I'm not saying the democrats have better policies. They are just not Bush.[/QUOTE] you're on drugs,aparently very good drugs.Obama nonination=President McCain...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2524636]you're on drugs,aparently very good drugs.Obama nonination=President McCain...[/QUOTE]

You think a candidate running on the same policies as a president with a 20% approval rating is going to win?

You must be taking in the "Kool-Aid" in enema form...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2524632]Anyone is going to beat McCain.

Once that old codger starts flapping his dentures the public will cool off to him a great deal. And I'm not saying the democrats have better policies. They are just not Bush.[/QUOTE]

You're really overestimating the intellect of the American public, especially in the deep south.

"Dahh, I ain't votin' for no colored fella. And that there McCain was a war hero."

If Obama is the nominee, McCain is the president. Book it.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2524641]You think a candidate running on the same policies as a president with a 20% approval rating is going to win?

You must be taking in the "Kool-Aid" in enema form...[/QUOTE]well i don't entirely agree with your accessment of McCain but for agruements sake say you're accurate..Obama nomination=President McCain....

[quote=PlumberKhan;2524632]Anyone is going to beat McCain.

Once that old codger starts flapping his dentures the public will cool off to him a great deal. And I'm not saying the democrats have better policies. They are just not Bush.[/quote]

You also need to realize that Gallup uses Land Line dialers for polling. It's not a big shock that the poll reflects that the over 40 crowd supports Hillary over Obama.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2524644]You're really overestimating the intellect of the American public, especially in the deep south.

"Dahh, I ain't votin' for no colored fella. And that there McCain was a war hero."

If Obama is the nominee, McCain is the president. Book it.[/QUOTE]

Those states aren't really in play. They were red in 2000 & 2004 and will be again in 2008.

But take a look at the swing states. They are full of people that have been hurt by current economic conditions. Granted...it really isn't Bush's fault, but when you are captain of the ship...you go down with her. McCain's problem is that he aligned himself to close to Bush in '04 to suck up to the republican base. Think of all those photos of McCain giving Bush all them man love bear hug. What do you think the democrat operatives are going to do with them?

For example, take Bush's tax cuts. You know, the ones McCain hated before he loved them...the ones that are known to only benefit the top 1% of American earners. Now, a truly educated economist like Jets5 knows that these cuts do more than just help the rich. The stimulate economic sh*t which in turn helps the lower earners. But all the simplistic voters you speak of are going to hear "Tax Cuts for Rich Folk, Tax Cuts for Rich Folk". You think that's going to go over well with someone who just had their house foreclosed on? Which states have the highest foreclosure rates? Swing states...Ohio, Florida are among the highest.

I hate to say this...it make me puke a little...it's the economy. I agree that Barack will have a harder time...but I believe that the general American public is going to be in the mood to vote for someone the polar opposite of the current administration.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2524607]Right, I realize that, but my point was, would Hillary have a better shot at beating McCain in the general election than Obama? Depending on whoever her VP would be, I think so.[/QUOTE]

I think it's a toss up to tell you the truth. Clinton and Obama would perform very similarly in the general election.

Whatever the match up, it's going to be very close and come down to the wire just like the last two Presidential elections. IMO, McCain is going to win the whole thing because voters in Florida and Michigan are feeling bitter (pun intended) toward the Democratic Party.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2524641]You think a candidate running on the same policies as a president with a 20% approval rating is going to win?

You must be taking in the "Kool-Aid" in enema form...[/QUOTE]

That is the Democrats only chance. They must paint a McCain presidency as an extension of Bush. Given the Democrats recent track record, I think they are going to fail.

This election should have been a double digit cakewalk. Only the Democrats could have ****ed this up.

Let's hope these poll results materialize in November, but I doubt seriously that they will stay this way for long.

Three national polls have Obama winning, three have McCain winning, and one has a tie. See for yourself.

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html[/url]

[QUOTE=parafly;2524813]That is the Democrats only chance. They must paint a McCain presidency as an extension of Bush. Given the Democrats recent track record, I think they are going to fail.

[B]This election should have been a double digit cakewalk.[/B] Only the Democrats could have ****ed this up.[/QUOTE]

Compare this vs the chances of Chad Pennington throwing for 6000 yards this weekend, Pennington's chances are much better :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2524667]Those states aren't really in play. They were red in 2000 & 2004 and will be again in 2008.

But take a look at the swing states. They are full of people that have been hurt by current economic conditions. Granted...it really isn't Bush's fault, but when you are captain of the ship...you go down with her. McCain's problem is that he aligned himself to close to Bush in '04 to suck up to the republican base. Think of all those photos of McCain giving Bush all them man love bear hug. What do you think the democrat operatives are going to do with them?

For example, take Bush's tax cuts. You know, the ones McCain hated before he loved them...the ones that are known to only benefit the top 1% of American earners. Now, a truly educated economist like Jets5 knows that these cuts do more than just help the rich. The stimulate economic sh*t which in turn helps the lower earners. But all the simplistic voters you speak of are going to hear "Tax Cuts for Rich Folk, Tax Cuts for Rich Folk". You think that's going to go over well with someone who just had their house foreclosed on? Which states have the highest foreclosure rates? Swing states...Ohio, Florida are among the highest.

I hate to say this...it make me puke a little...it's the economy. I agree that Barack will have a harder time...but I believe that the general American public is going to be in the mood to vote for someone the polar opposite of the current administration.[/QUOTE]

This educated economist (my degrees are in Economics and Finance, and I have > 10 years experience in the financial industry working at one of the top 5 financial companies world wide) knows that those tax cuts (like all similar tax cuts) have barely any effect on lower earners and screw over future generations and younger people

The problem for the Dems, either one of them, was that this was the year that the western/mountain states started to be in play for them as true swing states, however McCain (being from one of those states) is the best GOP candidate to fight on that turf which will make it more difficult to put those into play
    Last edited by King Ryan; 05-07-2008 at 08:07 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=newjakecity;2527586]Three national polls have Obama winning, three have McCain winning, and one has a tie. See for yourself.

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html[/url][/QUOTE]

and these polls will change a million times before November...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2527865]and these polls will change a million times before November...[/QUOTE]

And yet you started this thread to talk about a daily tracking poll result from 5/3.