Thread: Anyone watching the Jays pitching?

All Pro

Anyone watching the Jays pitching?

Incredible is the only word. While the team is still under .500, the stats of the pitching staff are amazing:

12 runs given up in the past nine games with 3 shutouts.

a team ERA that is 3.67, and if you include the two closers, the ERA drops to 3.18.

The Diamondbacks have the best record in baseball and have a team ERA of about 4.60.

Just imagine if the Jays could actually hit...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Incredible is the only word. While the team is still under .500, the stats of the pitching staff are amazing:

12 runs given up in the past nine games with 3 shutouts.

a team ERA that is 3.67, and if you include the two closers, the ERA drops to 3.18.

The Diamondbacks have the best record in baseball and have a team ERA of about 4.60.

Just imagine if the Jays could actually hit...
    They probably have the best rotation in baseball, when healthy.

I can see them making a move in July to get some hitting.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    They probably have the best rotation in baseball, when healthy.

I can see them making a move in July to get some hitting.
    Funny thing is this team was built two years ago for power to make up for the weak pitching staff...

I'm not a fan of Marcum, I think he's an average pitcher whose really overachieved to date and will regress, but they certaintly have a good 1-2-3 punch in Halladay, Burnett, and McGowan.

I'd still take the D-Backs, Red Sox (Just imagine when Beckett heats up), Padres, Dodgers, Indians, and possibly the Mets if Pedro ever gets back and stays healthy first though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I'm not a fan of Marcum, I think he's an average pitcher whose really overachieved to date and will regress, but they certaintly have a good 1-2-3 punch in Halladay, Burnett, and McGowan.

I'd still take the D-Backs, Red Sox (Just imagine when Beckett heats up), Padres, Dodgers, Indians, and possibly the Mets if Pedro ever gets back and stays healthy first though.
    Litsch has been a solid number 5 guy as well, and the crazy thing is Gustavo Chacin was touted as the number 2 guy, but injuries have stalled his progression...

Jets Insider VIP
    Just another reason why:

AL BEAST >>>>> Any other division in baseball