Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: OT: Jets Helmet Chair is back!

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211

    OT: Jets Helmet Chair is back!

    Wow, this one is far nicer looking than the one I posted on here a few months ago....

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-Jets-Helmet-C...QQcmdZViewItem





    Looks like the decal is coming loose on one side though...damn I think I need that!

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,866
    I want it but my wife would kill me!

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    It looks like the photos were taken in the lobby of a Mexican abortion clinic.

    The Chair is nice, though it has a wheel-chair-ish look.

    Plus the azz in the helmet symbolism disturbs me.

    I'll pass.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    It looks like the photos were taken in the lobby of a Mexican abortion clinic.

    The Chair is nice, though it has a wheel-chair-ish look.

    Plus the azz in the helmet symbolism disturbs me.

    I'll pass.

    Strap yourself in, and enjoy the ride.
    Its obviously a self-storage place tho...

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Wow, this one is far nicer looking than the one I posted on here a few months ago....

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-Jets-Helmet-C...QQcmdZViewItem





    Looks like the decal is coming loose on one side though...damn I think I need that!

    Looks just like a potty trainer to me.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Its obviously a self-storage place tho...
    You couldn't just roll with the lame joke, et tu, Brute?



  7. #7
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,323
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Looks just like a potty trainer to me.
    You would know. Still having to wear depends, huh?

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Looks just like a potty trainer to me.
    lame

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You couldn't just roll with the lame joke, et tu, Brute?


    I wasn't sure if that was an actual joke or not, or a pre-coffee attempt...

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I wasn't sure if that was an actual joke or not, or a pre-coffee attempt...
    Lame

  11. #11
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Lame
    You're King Lame in the Land Of The Lame, & practice lameism, O High Priestess Of Lameology.

  12. #12
    flushingjet
    Guest
    didnt tyree have one of these on his head to help him catch
    the ball

    might as well have had one for all seymour did about it

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I wasn't sure if that was an actual joke or not, or a pre-coffee attempt...
    I should have known better....

    I have noticed that sometimes when you are in your "pull obscure Jet items from EBay" mode, you are very serious in your presentation to the JI huddled masses, and can be momentarily startled by an unexpected joke.

    I think the chair is very nice and the storage facility doesn't have nice louvered doors.(for proper ventilation)

  14. #14
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    33,211
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I should have known better....

    I have noticed that sometimes when you are in your "pull obscure Jet items from EBay" mode, you are very serious in your presentation to the JI huddled masses, and can be momentarily startled by an unexpected joke.

    I think the chair is very nice and the storage facility doesn't have nice louvered doors.(for proper ventilation)
    Except when people do a horrible job presenting their wares for sale...then they should be deservedly shredded...

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,362



    That chrome facemask would make a great beer guard against my young'ns. Slide the brew inside the mask,and No more accidental knock overs.

  16. #16
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    181
    i need sofas when i watch my football

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    I think the chair is very cool. I mentioned in the past that I lost thousands on a jets game sitting in the same exact chair. The Sportatorium in Caesars palace had hundreds of these same chairs representing all nfl teams.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Wow, this one is far nicer looking than the one I posted on here a few months ago....

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-Jets-Helmet-C...QQcmdZViewItem





    Looks like the decal is coming loose on one side though...damn I think I need that!


    I like that thing. Just don't think I'd fit in it. Maybe for the kids.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,827
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post



    That chrome facemask would make a great beer guard against my young'ns. Slide the brew inside the mask,and No more accidental knock overs.
    Wow, I understand the reasoning behind that almost too much. I've lost many a suds to my rug rats.

  20. #20
    Man, that needs to be in my basement. Who wants to pick it up and drive it to Indiana for me?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us