Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming: "If it's cooling, it's still warming"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Global Warming: "If it's cooling, it's still warming"

The data trend points to cooling for the last ten years, and now some recent studies are suggesting that certain climate patterns indicate we are at the beginning of a multi-decadal cooling cycle.

What's a Global Warming proponent to do?

Spin it, of course.

This politicizing of this debate by actvists before the science is settled will have lasting, harmful impact in numerous areas of society. That will be the legacy of the Global Warming/Climate Change movement.

[url]http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/05/are_global_warmists_pulling_a.html[/url]

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't win with these global warming idiots.

Two years ago during one of the most active hurricane seasons in history the global warming set blamed it on global warming.

Last year was one of the least active hurricane seasons in history so what do the global warming idiots blame it on? Yep.... Global warming.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    .[QUOTE]About Us
    American Thinker is a daily internet publication devoted to the thoughtful exploration of issues of importance to Americans. Contributors are accomplished in fields beyond journalism, and animated to write for the general public out of concern for the complex and morally significant questions on the national agenda.

There is no limit to the topics appearing on American Thinker. National security in all its dimensions, strategic, economic, diplomatic, and military is emphasized. The right to exist and the survival of the State of Israel are of great importance to us. Business, science, technology, medicine, management, and economics in their practical and ethical dimensions are also emphasized, as is the state of American culture.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=Buster;2527729].[/QUOTE]

Don't like their opinion? Here's a section of Roger Pielke, Jr.'s blog regarding the newest study:

[I]I am sure that this is an excellent paper by world class scientists. But when I look at the broader significance of the paper what I see is that there is in fact nothing that can be observed in the climate system that would be inconsistent with climate model predictions.[B] If global cooling over the next few decades is consistent with model predictions, then so too is pretty much anything and everything under the sun. [/B]

[B]This means that from a practical standpoint climate models are of no practical use beyond providing some intellectual authority in the promotional battle over global climate policy.[/B] I am sure that some model somewhere has foretold how the next 20 years will evolve (and please ask me in 20 years which one!). And if none get it right, it won't mean that any were actually wrong. If there is no future over the next few decades that models rule out, then anything is possible. And of course, no one needed a model to know that.[/I]

(my emphasis in bold).

Pielke, a social scientist, has been an outspoken critic of the nature of the debate, in both directions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait wait wait.

How can the earth be cooling. Weren't all you car-exhaust-is-good-for-the-atmosphere folks just telling us that the all the planets in the solar system are warming so thus, global warming MUST be caused by the sun...not the man.

So now...all the other planets are warming up EXCEPT the earth? How does that work?

[url]http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/intellectually_insane/jupiters_raging.php[/url]

Look at that. Anti-global warming morons are just as ill-informed as global warming morons.

[CENTER][QUOTE]Me and you and you and me
    No matter how they toss the dice
    It had to be
    The only one for me is you
    And you for me
    So happy together
    I can see me lovin' nobody but you
    For all my life
    When you're with me baby the skies'll be blue
    For all my life[/QUOTE][/CENTER]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2527807]Wait wait wait.

How can the earth be cooling. Weren't all you car-exhaust-is-good-for-the-atmosphere folks just telling us that the all the planets in the solar system are warming so thus, global warming MUST be caused by the sun...not the man.

So now...all the other planets are warming up EXCEPT the earth? How does that work?

[url]http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/intellectually_insane/jupiters_raging.php[/url]

Look at that. Anti-global warming morons are just as ill-informed as global warming morons.

[/QUOTE]

I repeat: This politicizing of this debate by actvists before the science is settled will have lasting, harmful impact in numerous areas of society. That will be the legacy of the Global Warming/Climate Change movement.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    99% of the world's leading scientists AND the Bush White House admit Global Climate change is real and affected by man.

why are you guys still debating it as if it was an issue?

Conservatives do the same thing with Roe v Wade. Take an issue that was decided 50 years ago and pretend it's still an open debate.

Good luck with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rbstern;2528117]I repeat: This politicizing of this debate by actvists before the science is settled will have lasting, harmful impact in numerous areas of society. That will be the legacy of the Global Warming/Climate Change movement.[/QUOTE]

You don't need freaking science to prove it. Sure, it may be as disastrous as Al Gore and his cronies want to make it. And sure, some people in the so-called environmental movement have ulterior motives politically to bring this issue to the forefront.

But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that pumping billions of cubic feet of noxious fumes into the atmosphere isn't a good thing. Shoot...you don't even need to do a study. Go suck the tailpipe of a passing cab in NYC and tell me how you feel after that. You wouldn't run a generator in a confined space and sleep there, would you? Well guess what. The earth is a confined space with a finite amount of room in it. Filling it with smoke, Aquanet or cow farts isn't going to go well for us as a species.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunspots and Solar Flares. 'Nuff said.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080506084437.aspx[/url]

[QUOTE]Report: Global Sea Ice at 'Unprecedented' Levels
    April 2008 had the third highest recorded amount since records were started in 1979, contradicting media coverage of diminishing sea ice.

By Jeff Poor
    Business & Media Institute
    5/6/2008 8:52:34 AM

Don’t expect to hear this reported on the your evening newscast, but according to new data, sea ice levels in the Southern Hemisphere are at 25-year highs.

“On a global basis, world sea ice in April 2008 reached levels that were ‘unprecedented’ for the month of April in over 25 years,” Steve McIntyre wrote on Climateaudit.org on May 4. “Levels are the third highest (for April) since the commencement of records in 1979, exceeded only by levels in 1979 and 1982.”

McIntyre, along with Ross McKitrick, debunked the validity of the “hockey stick” graph used in a journal article by Michael Mann, which described the increase in Northern Hemisphere mean temperature. The two claimed Mann’s graph was based on flawed calculations and data defects.

That data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) suggests the effects of global warming aren’t as dire as some media reports would have you believe. A segment on ABC’s March 28 “Good Morning America” warned melting sea ice is endangering the global warming alarmists’ favorite mascot, the polar bear.

“[I] realize what I need to do is try and tell these stories through National Geographic magazine by using animals such as polar bears to hang this campaign on, to say that if we lose sea ice in the Arctic, and projections are to lose sea ice in the next 20 to 50 years, we ultimately are going to lose polar bears as well,” National Geographic magazine photographer Paul Milkin said to ABC’s Sam Champion.

According to the NSIDC data, sea ice had declined in 2007 to record lows, but showed a rebound in 2008, particularly in the Southern Hemisphere.

An Aug. 19, 2007 CBS “60 Minutes” segment warned melting sea ice in the Southern Hemisphere was endangering the penguin, another species often trotted out by global warming alarmists.

“Getting manhandled may ruffle their feathers, but it was key to discovering their fate,” “60 Minutes” contributor Scott Pelley said. “These are grown penguin chicks chasing their mothers for food, which she delivers beak to beak. Soon, the chicks will go to sea to hunt for a shrimp-like crustacean called krill. The krill grow beneath the sea ice, but in the warming ocean, the sea ice is melting away.”

“So the penguins have been going to sea and starving to death?” Pelley asked Sue Trivelpiece of NOAA’s Antarctic Ecosystem Research Division.

“The chicks are declining and we think they just can’t find the krill,” Trivelpiece replied.

Although sea ice has actually increased, it isn’t clear if the penguins’ food supply will increase and the species native to the polar regions of the Southern Hemisphere will once again thrive.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2528127]99% of the world's leading scientists AND the Bush White House admit Global Climate change is real and affected by man.

why are you guys still debating it as if it was an issue?

Conservatives do the same thing with Roe v Wade. Take an issue that was decided 50 years ago and pretend it's still an open debate.

Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]where do you get your facts from,99%??? you're out of your little mind...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.natice.noaa.gov/icefree/FinalArcticReport.pdf[/url]

Done. Doner. Donest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2528257][url]http://www.natice.noaa.gov/icefree/FinalArcticReport.pdf[/url]

Done. Doner. Donest.[/QUOTE]

why would the US Navy waste their time planning for an ice free arctic? Don't they read the JI Political Message board? All they had to do was ask DeanPatsfan he will tell ya what's up.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant;2528173]Sunspots and Solar Flares. 'Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

you mean the sun is the cause of this???

get out.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2528278]why would the US Navy waste their time planning for an ice free arctic? Don't they read the JI Political Message board? All they had to do was ask DeanPatsfan he will tell ya what's up.[/QUOTE]blah blah blah..no one knows anything except what they read.it was a mild winter in the northeast.hopefully it will be a mild summer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2528288]blah blah blah..no one knows anything except what they read.it was a mild winter in the northeast.hopefully it will be a mild summer.[/QUOTE]

so you are saying that the Bush White house, when they declared Global Climate change to be a real issue, was dead wrong. Is that correct?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2528287]you mean the sun is the cause of this???

get out.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The sun caused 7 of the planets in the solar system to heat up and one of them to cool down.

It's crazy. Selective sunspot solar flare activity.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2528278]why would the US Navy waste their time planning for an ice free arctic? Don't they read the JI Political Message board? All they had to do was ask DeanPatsfan he will tell ya what's up.[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows the Navy is staffed by tree hugging liberal pinko beatnik hippies. Have you seen our new submarine? It runs on oil from Chik-Fil-A...and has a "Save the Polar Bears" bumper sticker on every sea launched ballistic missile.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2528278]why would the US Navy waste their time planning for an ice free arctic? Don't they read the JI Political Message board? All they had to do was ask DeanPatsfan he will tell ya what's up.[/QUOTE]

The military plans for every scenario. I've got a little tid bit for ya'.. They're planning for a nuclear attack from China too, but that probably isn't going to happen.. ... And what's up with you believing anything the military says?

I guess there's a first time for everything.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fRaGwCQRkk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fRaGwCQRkk[/URL]