Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Clinton takes nomination with superdelagates chaos will rein

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

If Clinton takes nomination with superdelagates chaos will rein

Is anyone doubting that African Americans will riot all over the country if Obama is denied the nomination due to Clinton shennanigans? What is this broad thinking?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The race is over. After last night it's impossible for Obama to lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully, Clinton is coming to the realization this morning that her nomination is simply not going to happen. The best thing for the Democratic party at this point would be for Hillary to bow out as soon as possible and for Obama to name her the VP on his ticket.

Weaken the chances of a divided party, add "experience" to the ticket, and don't drive away the young vote, which could very well decide this thing come November. JMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to turn this into something racial, but I do fear if Obama gets into the white house and gets assassinated that it will divide the country worse then ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sjjetfan;2527769]I don't want to turn this into something racial, but I do fear if Obama gets into the white house and gets assassinated that it will divide the country worse then ever.[/QUOTE]

Just curious: Is there a presidential assasination scenario you can think of that wouldn't be divisive?

The years after JFK's death weren't exactly harmonious.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2527741]Is anyone doubting that African Americans will riot all over the country if Obama is denied the nomination due to Clinton shennanigans? What is this broad thinking?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will happen. You'll have a select few who may do something stupid, but I doubt we'll have riots.

However, if Clinton takes the nomination with superdelegates I think it will destroy the Democratic party. Voters will view it as the party ignoring the will of the people, and will throw their support behind the opposition. McCain would win the general election in a landslide.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2527796]Just curious: Is there a presidential assasination scenario you can think of that wouldn't be divisive?

The years after JFK's death weren't exactly harmonious.[/QUOTE]

Good call. You may be right. I wasn't around at the time so I really can't compare.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2527741]Is anyone doubting that African Americans will riot all over the country if Obama is denied the nomination due to Clinton shennanigans? What is this broad thinking?[/QUOTE]

Change riot to outrage and I think you will have a broad coalition of all Obama supporters who will think they were robbed. There is absolutely no rational argument that she has to keep going. IMHO, she hasn't had one for a long time, other than her stubborness.

All she did was back him into a corner where he probably has to have her on the ticket as VP. He'll probably have to swallow down the bile in his throat when he offers her the spot, but in politics, you need to have a short memory.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2527805]II think it will destroy the Democratic party...[/QUOTE]

Do you think the self-destructive implosion of the Democrat party would make enough noise to wake sleepyhead from his nap he needed to take since he was up so late watching Wheel of Fortune?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkTFVIxMQs[/url]

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2527805]I don't think it will happen. You'll have a select few who may do something stupid, but I doubt we'll have riots.

However, if Clinton takes the nomination with superdelegates I think it will destroy the Democratic party. Voters will view it as the party ignoring the will of the people, and will throw their support behind the opposition. McCain would win the general election in a landslide.[/QUOTE]

I disagree...if a black man is denied the nomination after he wins it fair and square all the rabble rousers such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will wreak havoc.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2527741][B]Is anyone doubting that African Americans will riot[/B] all over the country if Obama is denied the nomination due to Clinton shennanigans? What is this broad thinking?[/quote]

Yes.

There's so much wrong with that statement that I don't even know where to start

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2527815]I disagree...if a black man is denied the nomination after he wins it fair and square all the rabble rousers such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will wreak havoc.[/QUOTE]

Wreaking havoc and rioting are very different.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2527815]I disagree...if a black man is denied the nomination after he wins it fair and square all the rabble rousers such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will wreak havoc.[/QUOTE]

There certainly will be protests and outrage. But I don't think there will be rioting.

And personally I think Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, etc WANT Obama to lose. They lose relevance if he wins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2527817]Yes.

There's so much wrong with that statement that I don't even know where to start[/QUOTE]

I agree. If the situation were reversed would anyone ask if white people would be rioting in the street?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2527805]I don't think it will happen. You'll have a select few who may do something stupid, but I doubt we'll have riots.

However, if Clinton takes the nomination with superdelegates I think it will destroy the Democratic party. Voters will view it as the party ignoring the will of the people, and will throw their support behind the opposition. McCain would win the general election in a landslide.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Hillary winning the popular vote? I know that is not how the nomination is decided, but this stat refutes the will of the people being ignored. When superdelegates in Massachussetes pledge support for Obama when Hillary was the clear winner there, that is ignoring the will of the people.

I honeslty believe Hillary stands a better chance to beat McCain than Obama does. Almost every Obama supporter would back Hillary, but many Hillary supports would back McCain. Based on the rules of the game, yes, the superdelegates awarding Hillary the nomination would destroy the party, but I also think there are arguments as to why Hillary can better acheive the ultimate goal, which is defeating the republican candidate.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;2527821]There certainly will be protests and outrage. But I don't think there will be rioting.

And personally I think Jesse Jackson, Sharpton, etc WANT Obama to lose. They lose relevance if he wins.[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of truth to this statement. The entire woe is me, we have no chance arguments would lost a lot of muster if a black man wins the presidency.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mallamalla;2527836]Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Hillary winning the popular vote? [/QUOTE]

No she is not. Not even if you count Florida and Michigan. She is losing delegates, popular vote and total number of states. She is winning super delegates but not by much and not for long.

[QUOTE] Another thing that last night did was kill the Clinton’s campaign’s two best talking points. First, the popular vote: After last night, Obama now leads Clinton by more than 700,000 (16,050,924 vs. 15,336,896). When you include Florida, Obama leads by 419,256, and when you include both Florida and Michigan (and don’t give Obama “uncommitted”), his lead is 90,947. [/QUOTE]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=THE_SOOTHSAYER;2527741]Is anyone doubting that African Americans will riot all over the country[B] if Obama is denied the nomination[/B] due to Clinton shennanigans? What is this broad thinking?[/quote]

I agree chaos would ensue [B]IF[/B] Obama is denied the nomination. But that won't be happening. By any measure, Obama is ahead of Clinton, and barring any mistakes or damaging revelations, he will get the nomination. :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets face it if Obama, Clinton or McCain wins this country is screwed anyway!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=mallamalla;2527836]Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Hillary winning the popular vote?[/quote]

Hillary WAS winning the popular vote. That is no longer true.