Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 293

Thread: The Official All Time Draft Thread

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    The Official All Time Draft Thread

    Ok, first thanks to everyone who has expressed interest in partaking in the first of what i hope to be many drafts. Now it is time to really start this thing. The rules are as follows:

    Roster:
    11 Starters, 6 Subs, 1 Manager

    Starters:
    Goal Keepers- Min 2, Max 3
    Strikers - Min 2, Max 3
    Midfielders - Min 3, Max 5
    Defenders - Min 3, Max 4

    Bench:
    1 GK, 1 M, 1 ST, 1 D, and 2 discretionary Spots

    Eligibility:
    All players from the first World Cup on (1930 - Present)

    All teams must feature 5 players whose careers STARTED before 1994 (so we can at least get some historical knowledge out of this draft)

    Midfielders/Defenders are eligible across their line, rather than just in their specific spot

    Strikers/Wingers are ONLY available as strikers/wingers, unless they played a significant portion of their career in the midfield, and midfielders are similarly ONLY available as midfielders (so no Pele at striker, for instance), and defenders are naturally only available as defenders

    Manager - club or international, provided they were managing at some point after 1930

    Time:

    picks may be submited whenever, however, i will impose a 6 hour OTC period. I belive this gives our friends who do not reside in the eastern time zone time to make picks.

    I would like between 8-12 gm's. I would request that the seven of you who expressed interest in being involved in this draft to post in this thread as well. When you do post (this goes for those that have not posted in the old thread as well) i request that you leave a number between 00-99 (I'm using 74), this will determine the order in the draft. Thank you

    EDIT: ok everyone, i was able to do the draft order earlier than i thought.

    Order:
    Pauliec
    Raoul Duke
    Black Death
    Woody Page
    Deadringer
    TG11
    Bay Ridge Jet
    The Turk
    Batmans A Scientist

    Let's do this

    FYI: We are doing a snake order, so BAS will pick last in the first round, and first in the second round
    Last edited by thegrand11; 05-12-2008 at 08:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    9

    I don't see in your post any cap on number of players per nationality. Is this a constraint or not?

    Edit: missing a GK in starter spots
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 05-07-2008 at 06:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post

    I don't see in your post any cap on number of players per nationality. Is this a constraint or not?
    There is no constraint on nationality. Although we want to learn about soccer, we also want to create the best teams possible.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    18

    lets do it

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    44

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    63

  7. #7
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    24

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    52

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,167
    Post Thanks / Like
    31.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, we have 8 gm's. Therefore i will close registration at about 8 am eastern time and begin assembling the order. I'm thinking Monday the 12th as the starting date.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    31.
    Good man.

    I talked Woody into participating. He was hesitant thinking he wasn't enough of a connaisseur. I said this was going to be leisurely compared to the pros in the Draft Forum, and for the fun of it (ie: no bashing other people's picks).



    Let's keep the trash talking for the Euro 2008 thread (all 3 of us).

  12. #12
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Good man.

    I talked Woody into participating. He was hesitant thinking he wasn't enough of a connaisseur. I said this was going to be leisurely compared to the pros in the Draft Forum, and for the fun of it (ie: no bashing other people's picks).



    Let's keep the trash talking for the Euro 2008 thread (all 3 of us).
    FORZA ITALIA

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    FORZA ITALIA
    LOL.

    I was invited by a friend to watch the last World Cup final with about 8 Italians and me being the lone Frenchman. I walk in with my French Rugby jersey, and a bottle of Champagne saying no matter who wins, we'll be drinking it. That broke the ice.


    ...then the game started...

    I **** you not, I've never seen people as fanatical. After the Zidane penalty, they went NUTS, chicks were fuming with rage, veigns bulging on the sides of their necks, tears flowing, screaming conspiracy....I kept all the "Italians are the ones who buy off referees" jokes to myself. I barely celebrated.

    Italy scored, and in a weird way, I was relieved.

    They basically shut up in the second half and OT, as the Italians were tired and France was pushing. Ref forgot to whistle a very real penalty in the 2nd half, which even things out a bit.

    They of course went nuts when Zidane was sent off. Italy won, we all got drunk together. Good times.

  14. #14
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL.

    I was invited by a friend to watch the last World Cup final with about 8 Italians and me being the lone Frenchman. I walk in with my French Rugby jersey, and a bottle of Champagne saying no matter who wins, we'll be drinking it. That broke the ice.


    ...then the game started...

    I **** you not, I've never seen people as fanatical. After the Zidane penalty, they went NUTS, chicks were fuming with rage, veigns bulging on the sides of their necks, tears flowing, screaming conspiracy....I kept all the "Italians are the ones who buy off referees" jokes to myself. I barely celebrated.

    Italy scored, and in a weird way, I was relieved.

    They basically shut up in the second half and OT, as the Italians were tired and France was pushing. Ref forgot to whistle a very real penalty in the 2nd half, which even things out a bit.

    They of course went nuts when Zidane was sent off. Italy won, we all got drunk together. Good times.

    Sounds like fun. That was a great final, either way. Very exciting.

    This is something I've been wondering, Raoul, and I gotta ask, are you originally from France? Your colloquial American English is impeccable. If you're a native Frenchman they must have a fantastic English language program in your schools.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Sounds like fun. That was a great final, either way. Very exciting.

    This is something I've been wondering, Raoul, and I gotta ask, are you originally from France? Your colloquial American English is impeccable. If you're a native Frenchman they must have a fantastic English language program in your schools.
    No, nothing to do with schooling. I'm bilingual because I grew up the states (from 0 to 13). Since I was going to American schools as a kid, besides my weird name, and weird French parents, I was a typical American kid.

    But yes, 100% French, born in Paris from French parents. In the end, I like to think I took the best from both worlds...minus our Jets of course.

  16. #16
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    No, nothing to do with schooling. I'm bilingual because I grew up the states (from 0 to 13). Since I was going to American schools as a kid, besides my weird name, and weird French parents, I was a typical American kid.

    But yes, 100% French, born in Paris from French parents. In the end, I like to think I took the best from both worlds...minus our Jets of course.
    Good deal... being exposed to both cultures must have been a very interesting way to grow up.

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,087
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're a better man than I RD, I never ever watch a meaningful game with opposing fans... No way can it be done, it's just not possible

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    12,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    You're a better man than I RD, I never ever watch a meaningful game with opposing fans... No way can it be done, it's just not possible
    The chicks were hot.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok everyone, i was able to do the draft order earlier than i thought.

    Order:
    Pauliec
    Raoul Duke
    Black Death
    Woody Page
    Deadringer
    TG11
    Bay Ridge Jet
    The Turk

    Let's do this

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paulie is first up....lets go Paulie!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us