Thread: Carlos Gomez hits cycle..

Jets Insider VIP

Carlos Gomez hits cycle..

(whistles).... lol im still happy we got Johan..

Congrats Carlos!

Good for him, I do wish him the best over there.

But the trade for Johan was most definately a no-brainer for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Good for him, I do wish him the best over there.

But the trade for Johan was most definately a no-brainer for us.
    +1

.282 avg and on pace for 65 SB's and 96 Runs.
    Pitchers may give him some headaches the second time around the league but a nice start for Carlos who wasn't supposed to hit yet in many scouts opinion.

I think he really is better off on another team. We already have the better version of Gomez in Reyes and our outfield is pretty set for the year, with more power...as long as Alou is healthy.

Oh and Santana is still amazing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    .282 avg and on pace for 65 SB's and 96 Runs.
    Pitchers may give him some headaches the second time around the league but a nice start for Carlos who wasn't supposed to hit yet in many scouts opinion.
    Good point....he will definitely struggle at some time during the season, but its nice to see him do well for a team that we a) don't play and b) I have no ill feeling towards.

But but but he's a scrub who CAN'T hit!

Gomez is going to be a star but like everyone else said, you can't pass up on the best lefty in the game, in his prime.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, I wish Gomez nothing but luck.

I think of all the pieces we have traded since Omar has been in charge, Gomez and Guerra will pan out the best

I would of loved to keep him but Santana is Santana plus we have Beltran blocking him.

in a fantasy world o would of loved to keep Gomez, traded Beltran(not hating on him , i think he is the best all round CF in the game) and watched Gomez, Wright, Reyes, Maine, Guerra and FMart grow as a team , but that cant happen in a market like NY