Thread: Chances Santana wins the CY Young.. not looking good

Chances Santana wins the CY Young.. not looking good

Brandon Webb- 8-0, 2.41 ERA

Practice Squad
    Chances get better once Willie Randolph gets canned. Randolph is already turning Santana into a 6 inning pitcher.

All League
    That's an amazing start for Webb.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Chances get better once Willie Randolph gets canned. Randolph is already turning Santana into a 6 inning pitcher.

No way. Santana is a well known as a second half pitcher and his stuff only gets better and his changeup only gets tighter as the summer goes on. He's just had a lot of problems with not finishing hitters. (EX: He probably had about 30 foul balls against the DBacks, in the summer, he's striking guys out in those situations). And he's only not gone into at least the 7th inning twice. Pretty much he has pitched 7 innings in 5 of 7 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    Santana has never been a real workhorse in terms of pitch count. It's not Willie's fault that in the 3 outings this year that Santana has thrown less than 7 innings he threw 116, 114, and 113 pitches in them. In fact, had he kept him in for more than that, then you should have a problem with Willie.

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    That's an amazing start for Webb.
    Yeah, he's just taking another step in his development. I don't really think Haren is the "ace" people make him out to be but Webb is arguably a top 5 pitcher in all of baseball.

Wow checking stats, Braden looper has 5 wins and a respectable ERA!

Dave Duncan is truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Yeah, he's just taking another step in his development. I don't really think Haren is the "ace" people make him out to be but Webb is arguably a top 5 pitcher in all of baseball.
    Fortunately Haren only needs to be a #2.

Who cares? As long as Santana pitches at a "cy young level" then I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    Who cares? As long as Santana pitches at a "cy young level" then I am happy.
    Yup.

Volquez > Webb so far this year

1.06 ERA, leads the NL in K's, 5-1 on a crap team.

Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post

What was your previous user name?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    What was your previous user name?
    LOL, dude are you serious. Ikeyman3.

LOL, dude are you serious. Ikeyman3.
    Ahhh... It was on the tip of my tounge

What's with everyone changing their names

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    What's with everyone changing their names
    Its ghey.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    No way. Santana is a well known as a second half pitcher and his stuff only gets better and his changeup only gets tighter as the summer goes on. He's just had a lot of problems with not finishing hitters. (EX: He probably had about 30 foul balls against the DBacks, in the summer, he's striking guys out in those situations). And he's only not gone into at least the 7th inning twice. Pretty much he has pitched 7 innings in 5 of 7 starts.

Yep 37-10 in 2nd half since 2004 and that includes last years 5-7 record.

Outside of last season he's 32-3. I like his chances more than Phil Hughes being AL ROY. The pen has hurt Johan a couple of times already and the top NL hitters seem to be raking this year but Johan usually enters a zone once the weather warms up and as the stats shpow can run off 10 W's in a row.
    Last edited by chad101; 05-09-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Yeah, but unfortunately for my fantasy team, I don't think he's going to keep that up with all his walks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yep 37-10 in 2nd half since 2004 and that includes last years 5-7 record.

Outside of last season he's 32-3. I like his chances more than Phil Hughes being AL ROY. The pen has hurt Johan a couple of times already and the top NL hitters seem to be raking this year but Johan usually enters a zone once the weather warms up and as the stats shpow can run off 10 W's in a row.
    Interesting. Hasn't he pitched his whole career indoors?