Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosques: We will not bury this Muslim

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Mosques: We will not bury this Muslim

Never saw this coming and I am very happy the Germantown Masjid has made this decision.

[QUOTE]Mosques: We will not bury this Muslim
    By KITTY CAPARELLA
    Philadelphia Daily News

[email]caparek@phillynews.com[/email] 215-854-5880

[B]The leadership of the Germantown Masjid has refused to conduct funeral services for Howard Cain, the bank robber who killed Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski with a Chinese-made semi-automatic rifle.
    "No, we will not bury him at Germantown Masjid," said Tariq El Shabazz, managing director of the mosque. "We don't want one slight scintilla hinting that we condone his behavior."[/B]
    On Sunday evening, a friend of Cain's family asked if Cain's burial could take place at the mosque on Germantown Avenue near Logan Street, El Shabazz said.

El Shabazz declined to conduct the service after researching Islamic law and meeting with Saadiq Abdul Jabbar, chief executive of the mosque; Imam Talib Abdullah, and others.

"We don't tolerate that kind of behavior," El Shabazz said. "Their actions are not from Islam. You don't dress like a woman, you don't rob people or transgress against them or commit murder. On all three grounds, they are dead wrong.

"We are not saying that Muslims should not bury him, or that he should not have Janaza [funeral prayers]," he added. "He is a Muslim and he has that right, but we don't want that here."

The religious leaders offered to "talk the family through the washing of the body and Janaza prayers," El Shabazz said, "but we didn't hear anything more from them after we stated our position."

El Shabazz, who is also a defense attorney, was just as adamant about fugitive Eric Floyd, who was arrested last night.

"That boy needs to . . . answer for what he did," El Shabazz said.

Since Sunday morning, Imam Abdullah has been preaching five times a day about the officer's murder.

Abdullah "is rough on his own people," Jabbar said. "He's an elder in the mosque, a religious teacher who has stature and he makes you feel the wrath of Allah."

At Friday's Jumah prayers, "Abdullah is going to deliver a very strong message about that kind of behavior, and take the position that the Muslim community has to stand against something like this," said Jabbar, referring to the killing of a police officer.

"You have to be clear and come out against them, even if they are in your flock," he added.

Asked if the burial service would take place at the Philadelphia Masjid, at 47th Street and Wyalusing Avenue, a source said: "I'm telling you now. We ain't burying him here." *[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20080508_Mosques__We_will_not_bury_this_Muslim.html[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    :clapper::clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is amazing. There are people on this board who bad mouth Muslims and how they are all evil.

Imagine that DeanPats and his rightwing tarts ignore things that they pretend do not exist. Good job ladies. Ignorance is bliss.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2532780]It is amazing. There are people on this board who bad mouth Muslims and how they are all evil.

Imagine that DeanPats and his rightwing tarts ignore things that they pretend do not exist. Good job ladies. Ignorance is bliss.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/11/iraq.humanrights[/url]

[QUOTE]My daughter deserved to die for falling in love'

Two weeks ago, The Observer revealed how 17-year-old student Rand Abdel-Qader was beaten to death by her father after becoming infatuated with a British soldier in Basra. In this remarkable interview, Abdel-Qader Ali explains why he is unrepentant - and how police backed his actions. Afif Sarhan in Basra and Caroline Davies report
    Afif Sarhan in Basra and Caroline Davies
    Article history
    The Observer, Sunday May 11 2008 Article history

[b]For Abdel-Qader Ali there is only one regret: that he did not kill his daughter at birth. 'If I had realised then what she would become, I would have killed her the instant her mother delivered her,' he said with no trace of remorse.

Two weeks after The Observer revealed the shocking story of Rand Abdel-Qader, 17, murdered because of her infatuation with a British solider in Basra, southern Iraq, her father is defiant. Sitting in the front garden of his well-kept home in the city's Al-Fursi district, he remains a free man, despite having stamped on, suffocated and then stabbed his student daughter to death.

Abdel-Qader, 46, a government employee, was initially arrested but released after two hours. Astonishingly, he said, police congratulated him on what he had done. 'They are men and know what honour is,' he said. [/b]

Rand, who was studying English at Basra University, was deemed to have brought shame on her family after becoming infatuated with a British soldier, 22, known only as Paul.

She died a virgin, according to her closest friend Zeinab. Indeed, her 'relationship' with Paul, which began when she worked as a volunteer helping displaced families and he was distributing water, appears to have consisted of snatched conversations over less than four months. But the young, impressionable Rand fell in love with him, confiding her feelings and daydreams to Zeinab, 19.

It was her first youthful infatuation and it would be her last. She died on 16 March after her father discovered she had been seen in public talking to Paul, considered to be the enemy, the invader and a Christian. Though her horrified mother, Leila Hussein, called Rand's two brothers, Hassan, 23, and Haydar, 21, to restrain Abdel-Qader as he choked her with his foot on her throat, they joined in. Her shrouded corpse was then tossed into a makeshift grave without ceremony as her uncles spat on it in disgust.

'Death was the least she deserved,' said Abdel-Qader. 'I don't regret it. I had the support of all my friends who are fathers, like me, and know what she did was unacceptable to any Muslim that honours his religion,' he said.

Sitting on a chair by his front door and surrounded by the gerberas and white daisies he had planted in the family garden, Abel-Qader attempted to justify his actions.

'I don't have a daughter now, and I prefer to say that I never had one. That girl humiliated me in front of my family and friends. Speaking with a foreign solider, she lost what is the most precious thing for any woman. 'People from western countries might be shocked, but our girls are not like their daughters that can sleep with any man they want and sometimes even get pregnant without marrying. Our girls should respect their religion, their family and their bodies.

'I have only two boys from now on. That girl was a mistake in my life. I know God is blessing me for what I did,' he said, his voice swelling with pride. 'My sons are by my side, and they were men enough to help me finish the life of someone who just brought shame to ours.'

Abdel-Qader, a Shia, says he was released from the police station 'because everyone knows that honour killings sometimes are impossible not to commit'. Chillingly, he said: 'The officers were by my side during all the time I was there, congratulating me on what I had done.' It's a statement that, if true, provides an insight into how vast the gulf remains between cultures in Iraq and between the Basra police the British army that trains them.

Sources have indicated that Abdel-Qader, who works in the health department, has been asked to leave because of the bad publicity, yet he will continue to draw a salary.

And it has been alleged by one senior unnamed official in the Basra governorate that he has received financial support by a local politician to enable him to 'disappear' to Jordan for a few weeks, 'until the story has been forgotten' - the usual practice in the 30-plus cases of 'honour' killings that have been registered since January alone.

Such treatment seems common in Basra, where militias have partial control, especially in the districts on the outskirts where Abdel-Qader lives.

While government security forces and British troops have control over the centre, around the fringes militants can still be seen everywhere on the streets or at the checkpoints they have erected. And they have imposed strict laws of behaviour for all the local people, including what clothing should be worn and what religious practices should be observed. There are reports of men having their hands cut off for looting and women being killed for prostitution.

Homosexuality is punishable by death, a sentence Abdel-Qader approves of with a passion. 'I have alerted my two sons. They will have the same end [as Rand] if they become contaminated with any gay relationship. These crimes deserve death - death in the name of God,' he said.

He said his daughter's 'bad genes were passed on from her mother'. Rand's mother, 41, remains in hiding after divorcing her husband in the immediate aftermath of the killing, living in fear of retribution from his family. She also still bears the scars of the severe beating he inflicted on her, breaking her arm in the process, when she told him she was going. 'They cannot accept me leaving him. When I first left I went to a cousin's home, but every day they were delivering notes to my door saying I was a prostitute and deserved the same death as Rand,' she said.

'She was killed by animals. Every night when go to bed I remember the face of Rand calling for help while her father and brothers ended her life,' she said, tears streaming down her face.

She was nervous, clearly terrified of being found, and her eyes constantly turned towards the window as she spoke. 'Rand told me about the soldier, but she swore it was just a friendship.

'She said she spoke with him because she was the only English speaker. I raised her in a religious manner and she never went out alone until she joined the university and then later when she was doing aid work.

'Even now, I cannot believe my ex-husband was able to kill our daughter. He wasn't a bad person. During our 24 years of marriage, he was never aggressive. But on that day, he was a different person.'

The mother is now trying to raise enough money to escape abroad. 'I miss my two boys,' she said. 'But they have sent a message saying that I am wrong for defending Rand and that I should go back home and live like a blessed Muslim woman,' said Leila, who is now volunteering with a local organisation campaigning for better protection for women in Basra.

One of those running the organisation, who did not want to be identified, said that Rand's case was similar to so many reported in Basra, with the only difference being she was in love with a foreigner, rather than an Iraqi.

'There isn't too much to say. Rand is dead. It is a tragedy and will be a tragedy for many other families in Iraq in the days to come.

'According to information we have been given, some from Rand's colleague, we have doubts that her love was reciprocated. We have the impression that Rand was in love, but the English soldier wasn't. But, for a girl to be paid nice compliments about her beauty and her intelligence, it was enough for her to think she was in love.

'She isn't here any more for her mother to ask any of the questions she would like to. Rand's case had repercussions because she fell in love with a foreigner. But what about the other girls murdered through "honour" killings because they fell in love with some of a different sect, or lost their virginity, or were forced to become prostitutes?'

Rand's mother used to call her 'Rose'. 'That was my nickname for her because when she was born she was so beautiful,' she said.

'Now, my lovely Rose is in her grave. But, God will make her father pay, either in this world ... or in the world after.'[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="6"]Troglodytes....[/SIZE][/B]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2532931][url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/11/iraq.humanrights[/url]

[B][SIZE="6"]Troglodytes....[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Ok...take one good example and then find a nice example, how nice you are...people are people, for everyone one good person there is going to a bad person. Please stay on topic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B][SIZE=+3]Why Shoot An Abortionist?[/SIZE][/B]
    [B][SIZE=+1] by Paul Hill[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=+1] When I first appeared on [B][I]Donahue[/I], [/B]I asked the audience to suspend judgment as to whether the action had been wise, but I took the position that Griffin's killing of Dr. Gunn was justified. I later realized, however, that using the force necessary to defend the unborn gives credibility, urgency, and direction to the pro-life movement which it has lacked and which it needs in order to prevail.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1] I realized that using force to stop abortion is the same means that God has used to stop similar atrocities throughout history. In the book of Esther, for instance, Ahasuerus, king of Persia, passed a law in 473 B.C. allowing the Persians to kill their Jewish neighbors. But the Jews did not passively submit; their uses of defensive force prevented a calamity of immense proportions.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1] In much the same way, when abortion was first legalized in our nation, if the people had resisted this atrocity with the means necessary it would have saved millions of children from a bloody death. It is not unwise or unspiritual, thus, to use the means that God has appointed for keeping His commandments; rather it is presumptuous to neglect these means and expect Him to work apart from them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]I realized that a large number of very important things would be accomplished[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]by my shooting another abortionist in Pensacola.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]* This would put the pro-life rhetoric about defending born and unborn[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]children equally into practice.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]* It would bear witness to the full humanity of the unborn as nothing else[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]could.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]* It would also open the people's eyes to the enormous consequences of[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]abortion - not only for the unborn, but also for the government that had sanctioned[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]it and for those who are required to resist it.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]* This would convict millions of people of their past neglect and spur many to[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]future obedience.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]* I also realized that this would help to force people to decide whether they[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]would join the battle in defense of abortionists or side with their intended victims.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]*[B] [I]But most importantly[/I],[/B] I realized that this would uphold the truth of the[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]Gospel at the precise point of Satan's current attack (the abortionist's knife).[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]While most Christians firmly profess the duty to defend [I]born [/I]children with[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]force (which is not being disputed by the government) most of these professors have[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]neglected the duty to similarly defend the [I]unborn[/I]. They are steady everywhere on[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]the battlefield except where the battle currently rages. I was certain that if I took my[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]stand at this point, others would join with me, and the Lord would eventually bring[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]about a great victory.[/SIZE]
    [/QUOTE]

[B]TROGLODYTES![/B]

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    The amount of abortion doctors killed by christians vs the amount of honor killings by muslims isn't even close.

What an idiotic analogy. Keep reaching doggin.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=DeanPatsFan;2533842]The amount of abortion doctors killed by christians vs the amount of honor killings by muslims isn't even close.

What an idiotic analogy. Keep reaching doggin.[/quote]

Do you really want me to list the numbers of people murdered by christians through the ages, Dean?

Only a complete idiot thinks Muslims are inherently evil; the fact that you can't let a single positive article about muslims go by without bringing up some unrelated horrible acts done by other muslims proves you are a bigot.

Any sane person would be applauding the acts of Muslims who demonstrate a respect for human life and hoping that spirit grows. You're just concerned that your rationale for hating them might be taken away, so you respond by attacking. It's a sad revelation of your (lack of) character (not that anyone whose been on this board for any length of times needed further revelations).

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2533991]Do you really want me to list the numbers of people murdered by christians through the ages, Dean?

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess, you're going to go back 1500 years recounting the deaths attributed to christianity all while ignoring the deaths caused by muslims.

You brought up the subject so just tell me how many abortion doctors have been killed by christians the past year vs honor killings or terrorism attributed by muslims the past year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about I just go back to Bosnia, where Christian serbs committed genocide against muslims?

Or to Rwanda, where Christian churches opened their doors to Tutsi refugees and then turned them over to Hutu death squads?

The fact is, you don't want to hear anything good about any muslim - because you are a bigot

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh oh, Dean.

[QUOTE=doggin94it;2534135]How about I just go back to Bosnia, where Christian serbs committed genocide against muslims?

Or to Rwanda, where Christian churches opened their doors to Tutsi refugees and then turned them over to Hutu death squads?

The fact is, you don't want to hear anything good about any muslim - because you are a bigot[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2534403]Uh oh, Dean.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh what? Sebia and Rwanda were civil wars. Christians the world over didn't accept this in Serbia that's why the west went to war against them.

Muslims on the other hand accept, in fact EMBRACE honor killings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2533991]Do you really want me to list the numbers of people murdered by christians through the ages, Dean?[/QUOTE]
    I don't. But Christian murderers "through the ages" pose ZERO threat to you today. Can't say the same about Islamic fundamentalists.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about this:

Christianity is dumb.

Islam is dumb.

Now you're both even in levels of dumbness. Two religions. Two groups of dumb people.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2532780]It is amazing. There are people on this board who bad mouth Muslims and how they are all evil.

Imagine that DeanPats and his rightwing tarts ignore things that they pretend do not exist. Good job ladies. Ignorance is bliss.[/QUOTE]i'm on board.you've convinced me rabbit.where do i sign up?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You pretend to speak in absolutes when it comes to the Muslim faith. The only absolute here is you being a complete ignorant fool.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2534415]Uh oh what? Sebia and Rwanda were civil wars. Christians the world over didn't accept this in Serbia that's why the west went to war against them.

Muslims on the other hand accept, in fact EMBRACE honor killings.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2534480]How about this:

Christianity is dumb.

Islam is dumb.

Now you're both even in levels of dumbness. Two religions. Two groups of dumb people.[/QUOTE]you forgot one: plumberkhan is dumb...lol....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;2534505]you forgot one: plumberkhan is dumb...lol....[/QUOTE]

That's a given... :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2533991]Any sane person would be applauding the acts of Muslims who demonstrate a respect for human life and hoping that spirit grows. You're just concerned that your rationale for hating them might be taken away, so you respond by attacking. It's a sad revelation of your (lack of) character (not that anyone whose been on this board for any length of times needed further revelations).[/QUOTE]

These particular Muslims should be applauded... not only the right, but the courageous thing to do.

And with that, would you be at all surprised if you were to read how this particular Mosque, in 2 weeks, was firebombed?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=DeanPatsFan;2534415]Uh oh what? Sebia and Rwanda were civil wars. Christians the world over didn't accept this in Serbia that's why the west went to war against them.

Muslims on the other hand accept, in fact EMBRACE honor killings.[/quote]

You know its religion and not culture, cause, you know, only muslims engage in honor killings:

[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/jun/23/israel[/url] ([B]christian father kills his daughter with an iron bar because she wanted to marry a muslim[/B])

[url]http://www.stophonourkillings.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1587[/url] ([B]yezidi girl murdered[/B])