Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again...

Here we go again...

He may have said it before, but the other night I heard him say it for the first time....Obama as prez is gonna creat jobs...and not just any old jobs, but GREEN jobs!

I laugh anytime I hear a candidate (mostly 'rats) say they're gonna create jobs...and laugh harder at the twits who believe them!!

Anyone know how a prez can create green jobs...or any jobs for that matter??

[QUOTE=asuusa;2531384]He may have said it before, but the other night I heard him say it for the first time....Obama as prez is gonna creat jobs...and not just any old jobs, but GREEN jobs!

I laugh anytime I hear a candidate (mostly 'rats) say they're gonna create jobs...and laugh harder at the twits who believe them!!

Anyone know how a prez can create green jobs...or any jobs for that matter??[/QUOTE]

Roosevelt did it with the CCC, but that was more so just to create menial busywork for the unemployed during the Depression.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2531384]He may have said it before, but the other night I heard him say it for the first time....Obama as prez is gonna creat jobs...and not just any old jobs, but GREEN jobs!

Anyone know how a prez can create green jobs...or any jobs for that matter??[/QUOTE]obama nomination=President McCain

How about a president, for once, who doesn't let jobs go overseas and pressures U.S. corporations to actually keep their processes here in America?

I'm fairly sure that's part of his plan. I know how that's unappealing to the capitalism-at-all-costs, limitless-free-trade crowd. But the other 95% of us tend to think it's a good idea. You know, taking care of Americans first?

[QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2531422]How about a president, for once, who doesn't let jobs go overseas and pressures U.S. corporations to actually keep their processes here in America?

I'm fairly sure that's part of his plan. I know how that's unappealing to the capitalism-at-all-costs, limitless-free-trade crowd. But the other 95% of us tend to think it's a good idea. You know, taking care of Americans first?[/QUOTE]

And how would you pressure these corps?
    And are you willing to pay more for the stuff you buy?
    You can't get low-priced goods from high-wage workers!

Why does Wal-Mart do fairly well in economic slowdowns?

the Politics Forum is where all the JI crazies come to die. love it :D

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;2531445]the Politics Forum is where all the JI crazies come to die. love it :D[/QUOTE]

Gracias!:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Anyone know how a prez can create green jobs...or any jobs for that matter??[/QUOTE]

and at the same time BO wants to pass legislation which would force the United States to triple the amount spent on foreign aid and let the UN direct the spending of the cash.....sounds like a plan to take care of Americans....:yes:
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-09-2008 at 11:07 PM.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2531442]And how would you pressure these corps?

Why does Wal-Mart do fairly well in economic slowdowns?[/QUOTE]

Where is all the money going for Dell, Compaq, Hewlett Packard computers going? They are all made over seas and still cost an arm and a leg. Check out the clothing. It is all about corporate profits! This Global Economy crap is just a corporate way of profiting while screwing the American Worker!

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication

[B]Anyone know how a prez can create green jobs...or any jobs for that matter??[/B][/QUOTE]

Is this serious?

Not to say I agree or disagree, but the government can very easily create jobs.. IN fact, I've read estimates that around 15% of the workforce presently works for the government

Not to start up too much trouble, but it couldn't be more obvious:

Responsible economic policy under Clinton-reducing the deficit by nudging up taxes on the rich resulted in a decade of job creation.

Horrible economic policy under Bush-wasting billions in Iraq while cutting taxes on the rich results in a period of moderate growth but dismal job creation.

If Obama starts brining down the deficit by letting the Bush tax cuts expire it will go a long way to making our economic picture improve. If he gives tax abatements to green energy business at the expense of dinosaur business we'll be all the better off.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2531997]Not to start up too much trouble, but it couldn't be more obvious:
    [B]
    Responsible economic policy under Clinton-reducing the deficit by nudging up taxes on the rich resulted in a decade of job creation.
    [/B]
    Horrible economic policy under Bush-wasting billions in Iraq while cutting taxes on the rich results in a period of moderate growth but dismal job creation.

If Obama starts brining down the deficit by letting the Bush tax cuts expire it will go a long way to making our economic picture improve. If he gives tax abatements to green energy business at the expense of dinosaur business we'll be all the better off.[/QUOTE]

Shameful!

You are completely ignoring the tremendous amount of investment that the internet and Y2K created..

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2531997]Not to start up too much trouble, but it couldn't be more obvious:

If Obama starts brining down the deficit by letting the Bush tax cuts expire it will go a long way to making our economic picture improve. If he gives tax abatements to green energy business at the expense of dinosaur business we'll be all the better off.[/QUOTE]

responsible economic policy under clinton = gutting national security and frittering away the "peace dividend" brought to us courtesy of Ronald Reagan....makes great financial sense and it was responsible...:yes:
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-10-2008 at 02:33 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2532035]responsible economic policy under clinton = gutting national security and frittering away the "peace dividend" brought to us courtesy of Ronald Reagan....makes great financial sense and it was responsible...:yes:[/QUOTE]

Results talk, Republican fan-fiction walks.

Hardly complicated: You simply create various incentives (taxes, government grants) to encourage investment in alternative energy. The various solar, wind, nuclear, fuel cell, whatver companies that inevitably emerge will employ people. And --voila!-- green jobs.

Not so complicated.

[QUOTE=Press_Coverage;2531422]How about a president, for once, who doesn't let jobs go overseas and pressures U.S. corporations to actually keep their processes here in America?

I'm fairly sure that's part of his plan. I know how that's unappealing to the capitalism-at-all-costs, limitless-free-trade crowd. But the other 95% of us tend to think it's a good idea. You know, taking care of Americans first?[/QUOTE]
    What pressure would you like him to put on U.S. corporations to keep their jobs here? Higher taxes? Higher government regulations?

[QUOTE=CTM;2531763]Is this serious?

Not to say I agree or disagree, but the government can very easily create jobs.. IN fact, I've read estimates that around 15% of the workforce presently works for the government[/QUOTE]

Yes isn't that very sad? In fact the IRS alone costs more to operate than the entire automobile industry. But, when the government creates jobs it usually means jobs are lost in the private industry.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2531997]

It's funny that so many 'rats think Clinton was an economic whiz...

The economy was rebounding when bubba took over and tanking when he quit with three quarters of negative GDP out of the last five at the end of his "economic policy" which triggered three straight years of decline in fed receipts until Bush's tax cuts kicked in.

The economy is slow now but we won't be able to really compare Bush to Clintoon until about 2010 when W's policies expire!

If the slowdown continues like it did at the end of Clintoon's run, it'll be interesting to see what the 'rats accomplish with their tax increases if they win in Nov.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2531442]And how would you pressure these corps?

Why does Wal-Mart do fairly well in economic slowdowns?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's exactly what the Chinese are asking. May I suggest you begin your Mandarin lessons soon? You'll need them when we're a protectorate of the Republic of China. So much for patriotism.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2532129]Hardly complicated: You simply create various incentives (taxes, government grants) to encourage investment in alternative energy. The various solar, wind, nuclear, fuel cell, whatver companies that inevitably emerge will employ people. And --voila!-- green jobs.

Not so complicated.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but that's assuming that it'll be cheaper than our present system which isn't the case now: example, ethanol (E85) is not cheaper to use than gasoline, so why should John Q. Public buy it?

A local church (and not a mega-church either) spent $45K for three windmills in the front yard to provide its electricity! That shows that only the rich can afford to go green and they don't really have to!