Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama and his

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Obama and his

North Carolina speech after winning the primary. I have heard he said that FDR, JFK and Truman negotiated with our enemy. I just wonder what history book he studied. FDR didn't negotiate with Hitler, Mussolini, the Emperor Japan. Truman didn't negotiate with North Korea and JFK didn't negotiate with the USSR. Maybe Obama wants to suck up to Iran, Syria and the rest but we can see what is happening in Lebanon when someone negotiates with the DEVIL!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2531551]North Carolina speech after winning the primary. I have heard he said that FDR, JFK and Truman negotiated with our enemy. I just wonder what history book he studied. FDR didn't negotiate with Hitler, Mussolini, the Emperor Japan. Truman didn't negotiate with North Korea and JFK didn't negotiate with the USSR. Maybe Obama wants to suck up to Iran, Syria and the rest but we can see what is happening in Lebanon when someone negotiates with the DEVIL![/QUOTE]

what do you expect from someone who doesn't even know how many states there are in this country?????

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws[/url]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2531559]what do you expect from someone who doesn't even know how many states there are in this country?????

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws[/url][/QUOTE]

Yes, nothing screams idiot like Harvard Law Review.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=maury420;2531577]Yes, nothing screams idiot like Harvard Law Review.[/QUOTE]

or making false claims about negotiating partners of past American presidents...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2531586]or making false claims about negotiating partners of past American presidents...[/QUOTE]

You seem more into bringing down Obama than bringing up McCain.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2531602]You seem more into bringing down Obama than bringing up McCain.[/QUOTE]

Look at any of the so-called "Republicans" on this site...

You will be hard pressed to find anything pro-McCain said by any of them. They have all been infected by the "derangement syndrome" infection they seem to have caught from swapping tirade laden spittle with their Liberal counterparts over the course of Bush's abortion of an attempt at weilding the office of C-in-C.

My...how the mighty have fallen:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Republican Drones,

Obama is 100% accurate in his statement.

JFK negotiated with Russia during the most dangerous time in recent history, the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis[/url]

Truman was negotiating with China despite severe differences.
    [url]http://www.trumanlibrary.org/trivia/macarth.htm[/url]

And FDR negotiated with russia to fight on the same side in a war despite having major differences.
    [url]http://www.larouchepub.com/other/book_reviews/2007/3427fdr_stalin_corres.html[/url]

But why let the facts get in the way. :zzz::zzz::zzz: I guess whatever it takes to talk bad about a candidate. Hell, that works for Hannity and Limbaugh!

Perhaps the reason why you never read this in your history books in school was because they were worthless propaganda rags. In those books; The native americans were the bad guys. We didn't lose the Vietnam war. JFK was assassinated by a lone gun man. and on and on and on.....

And [B]Come Back to Earth[/B], I would think someone who rails on about people not reading posts would do a little research before making ignorant statements. Then again, its par for the course for someone that exists to be a mouth-piece for a political party.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 05-10-2008 at 06:57 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2531586]or making false claims about negotiating partners of past American presidents...[/QUOTE]

There are many legitimate reasons to crack on Obama (you might be the foremost expert on the topic with your daily threads on the matter.) The guy may be many things, but for you to insinuate that he is dumb is asinine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2531697]

And [B]Come Back to Earth[/B], I would think someone who rails on about people not reading posts would do a little research before making ignorant statements. Then again, its par for the course for someone that exists to be a mouth-piece for a political party.[/QUOTE]

[quote][B]OBAMA:[/B] "I've now been in 57 states, I think, one left to go. One left to go.
    Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to, even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it.' [/quote]

Perhaps CBTNY is busy researching where those missing 10 states are.

I know I'm curious...aren't you ??

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=maury420;2531707]There are many legitimate reasons to crack on Obama (you might be the foremost expert on the topic with your daily threads on the matter.) The guy may be many things, but for you to insinuate that he is dumb is asinine.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;2531602]You seem more into bringing down Obama than bringing up McCain.[/QUOTE]

the thread is about hussien.....when McCain misspeaks about the Sunni/Shia braindead lefitsts like [B]ignroantjetsfan[/B] and other liberals on this forum jump all over it like flies on sh!t.....no different here...

BO also made the claim "100 million people died in myanmar"....I'm sure it was a slip but it could've just as easy been an algore exageration....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-10-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;2531711]Perhaps CBTNY is busy researching where those missing 10 states are.

I know I'm curious...aren't you ??[/QUOTE]

I was actually curious to find where MNJetsfan ever claimed Truman never negoatiated w/China.....of even this...

[QUOTE=MnJetFan;2531551]FDR didn't negotiate with Hitler, Mussolini, the Emperor Japan.[/QUOTE]

but appeasement minded folk are usually in that neville chamberlain state of mind......:yes:
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 05-10-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just get over it Obama will be Pres., McCain will be in nursing home and his wife will wake up and leave him for a younger man:D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2531551]North Carolina speech after winning the primary. I have heard he said that FDR, JFK and Truman negotiated with our enemy. I just wonder what history book he studied. FDR didn't negotiate with Hitler, Mussolini, the Emperor Japan. Truman didn't negotiate with North Korea and [B]JFK didn't negotiate with the USSR[/B]. [/QUOTE]

Um, no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2531725]I was actually curious to find where MNJetsfan ever claimed Truman never negoatiated w/China.....of even this...

but appeasement minded folk are usually in that neville chamberlain state of mind......:yes:[/QUOTE]

Nixon negotiated with China, and many historians believe the result of those talks was turning point in the Cold War.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nuu faaola;2531801]Nixon negotiated with China, and many historians believe the result of those talks was turning point in the Cold War.[/QUOTE]

maybe you can point out where MnJetFan talks about Nixon/china....or FDR/Russia for that matter...but so much for reading the post first before responding...:rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    FDR negotiated with Stalin -- easily tied for most evil person of the 20th century --because he saw the medium-term interest it served.

Ronald Reagan negotiated with Ayatollah Khomeni trading weapons for hostages --who not only said "death to Israel" but "death to America" AND was personally responsible for the invasion of the US Embassy.

Only Bush & Condi are too personally weak and incapable to handle discussions with our enemies.

Good enough for Ronnie good enough for Barack.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;2531711]Perhaps CBTNY is busy researching where those missing 10 states are.

I know I'm curious...aren't you ??[/QUOTE]

This stuff is sooooo boring...

These guys (McCain, Clinton and Obama) have a microphone in front of their mouth all day and partisan idiots wait around for them to misspeak so they can pounce. Just dumb. Don't you have anything better to do?

No different then McCain's 100 years thing, Obama's bittergate or Hillary's latest phrasing that have caused some loons to think she was suggesting AA's are lazy..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY;2531724]the thread is about hussien.....[B]when McCain misspeaks about the Sunni/Shia braindead lefitsts like [B]ignroantjetsfan[/B] and other liberals on this forum jump all over it like flies on sh!t.....no different here.[/B]..

BO also made the claim "100 million people died in myanmar"....I'm sure it was a slip but it could've just as easy been an algore exageration....[/QUOTE]

So stay above the fray my good man ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;2531697]Dear Republican Drones,

Obama is 100% accurate in his statement.

JFK negotiated with Russia during the most dangerous time in recent history, the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis[/url]

Truman was negotiating with China despite severe differences.
    [url]http://www.trumanlibrary.org/trivia/macarth.htm[/url]

And FDR negotiated with russia to fight on the same side in a war despite having major differences.
    [url]http://www.larouchepub.com/other/book_reviews/2007/3427fdr_stalin_corres.html[/url]

But why let the facts get in the way. :zzz::zzz::zzz: I guess whatever it takes to talk bad about a candidate. Hell, that works for Hannity and Limbaugh!

Perhaps the reason why you never read this in your history books in school was because they were worthless propaganda rags. In those books; The native americans were the bad guys. We didn't lose the Vietnam war. JFK was assassinated by a lone gun man. and on and on and on.....

And [B]Come Back to Earth[/B], I would think someone who rails on about people not reading posts would do a little research before making ignorant statements. Then again, its par for the course for someone that exists to be a mouth-piece for a political party.[/QUOTE]

We were not at war with Russia, were we? At the time FDR was president. Right? We were talking to Russia to halt the shipping of missles to Cuba and that didn't work we blockaded Cuba. Right? We negotiated with China to block shipments of arms to N. Korea and when that didn't work we went to war! You and Obama should hit the history books again not the ones written by modern day liberals. Right?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2531551]North Carolina speech after winning the primary. I have heard he said that FDR, JFK and Truman negotiated with our enemy. I just wonder what history book he studied. FDR didn't negotiate with Hitler, Mussolini, the Emperor Japan. Truman didn't negotiate with North Korea and JFK didn't negotiate with the USSR. Maybe Obama wants to suck up to Iran, Syria and the rest but we can see what is happening in Lebanon when someone negotiates with the DEVIL![/QUOTE]

I would disagree that our nation's presidents in history have not negotiated with the enemy. If this was the case, we would not have been able to end much of the major conflicts we have been a part of.

-Truman didn't negotiate with North Korea because he wasn't in office when the war ended. Dwight Eisenhower was. If you remember, Dwight Eisenhower fulfilled a promise to "go to Korea" if elected, which he did to attempt to bring an end to the conflict. The UN, United States, and North Korea negotiated and signed an armistice which establish the DMZ at the 38th parallel.

-Richard Nixon's govt. negotiated and signed the Paris Peace Accords in 1973 which ended U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War.

-JFK through his cabinet also ended the standoff in the Cuban Missile Crisis agreeing to not invade Cuba and non-publicly remove Missiles in Turkey in exchange for the Soviets removing their missiles in Cuba.