Thread: Marlins lock up Han Ram

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Marlins lock up Han Ram

6 yrs 70 mil

Marlins are also off to their best start in franchise history. Pretty crazy considering they won 2 championships not so long ago.

And two of their top pitchers(Johnson & Sanchez) havent even pitched yet.

Most likley they fade but its pretty amazing what this franchise has done with these low payrolls. Especially this season, getting off to the best start in franchise history with a 21 million dollar payroll. Unreal!

They have a real deep farm also when it comes to ARMS. They have a new stadium coming, just locked up one of the best all around players in the game and have a few other nice pieces to build around. Marlins could easily find themselves right back in the playoffs in the not so distant future.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I thought I was in the baseball forum.

Mods please move this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a great move by Florida, Ramirez is one of the best in the game and been touted as such ever since he was in the Sox farm system...

I wonder what this team was doing when they dealt away Cabrera though. If they paid Ramirez, why couldn't they pay Cabrera?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    This is a great move by Florida, Ramirez is one of the best in the game and been touted as such ever since he was in the Sox farm system...

I wonder what this team was doing when they dealt away Cabrera though. If they paid Ramirez, why couldn't they pay Cabrera?
    At this point until they get the new stadium they couldnt pay both. And Miggy got a way bigger deal. They did the right thing. Plus, Han Ram is way more valubale. He plays D and can also steal you 50-60 bases. 2 things Miggy cant do.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Marlins lock up Han Ram

6 yrs 70 mil

Marlins are also off to their best start in franchise history. Pretty crazy considering they won 2 championships not so long ago.

And two of their top pitchers(Johnson & Sanchez) havent even pitched yet.

Most likley they fade but its pretty amazing what this franchise has done with these low payrolls. Especially this season, getting off to the best start in franchise history with a 21 million dollar payroll. Unreal!

They have a real deep farm also when it comes to ARMS. They have a new stadium coming, just locked up one of the best all around players in the game and have a few other nice pieces to build around. Marlins could easily find themselves right back in the playoffs in the not so distant future.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's about time that they keep one of these guys.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post

They screwed up with Cabrera because they didnt buy out his arbitration years. This past offseason he was awarded 11 mil from an abitrator. Had they attemped to sign him 2 years ago, he would have signed for a similar deal to Ramierz's. Instead they waited too long and he ended up with a 119 mil deal from Detroit.

Besides Johnson and Sanchez, the marlins also have a few other pitchers on the DL. Once they come back, the marlins will be in good shape. While I dont think they will compete this year, they should be a force in the next few years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    They screwed up with Cabrera because they didnt buy out his arbitration years. This past offseason he was awarded 11 mil from an abitrator. Had they attemped to sign him 2 years ago, he would have signed for a similar deal to Ramierz's. Instead they waited too long and he ended up with a 119 mil deal from Detroit.

Besides Johnson and Sanchez, the marlins also have a few other pitchers on the DL. Once they come back, the marlins will be in good shape. While I dont think they will compete this year, they should be a force in the next few years.
    It takes two sides to come to an agreement, I think Cabrera knew that he would make more money elsewhere and never actually wanted to sign with Florida long term. Hanley on the other hand is content with taking the guaranteed money now rather than wait on his payday. It's good to see teams lock up their young stars, its the way that it should be, at least the money from revenue sharing isn't going into the owner's pockets. Ramirez is so young he'll get a monster deal when this deal is up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many years of FA did Hanley give up?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good move for the Marlins locking up Hanley, I'm suprised they're finally keeping one of their own.

But the Marlins certaintly won't keep this up. Not enough pitching, and their Offense is really overperforming right now, they'll slow down and won't be able to pitch enough to make up for it.