Thread: Hmm.. have we all gave up on Giambi and Delgado too soon?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. have we all gave up on Giambi and Delgado too soon?

Both are hitting well...
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-10-2008 at 05:20 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want to see Giambi get that average somewhere near respectability before I admit I gave up on him too fast. He's still only at .183 or something like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    **** Giambi and his average, if Cano doesnt Wake up and stay up, we are in trouble.

I almost didn't draft him in my fantasy league because Larry Bowa played a huge role in Cano working out, and staying on top of stuff. I didn't buy into all that and thought he'd be solid.

But Cano, Haffner, Rollins, and Granderson have been huge fantasy players for me this year

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

I still want Giambi gone. He's a streaky hitter now. His hot streak now isn't worth the periods that he has where he hits 4 homers and 2 singles in an entire month. Not to mention that he is a butcher defensively and is a complete clod on the basepaths.

We don't need a star at 1st. Just get me a guy that can play a little defense, is a little more consistent at the plate (he can hit .250 for all I care), and can go first to third in under 10 minutes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    No.

I still want Giambi gone. He's a streaky hitter now. His hot streak now isn't worth the periods that he has where he hits 4 homers and 2 singles in an entire month. Not to mention that he is a butcher defensively and is a complete clod on the basepaths.

We don't need a star at 1st. Just get me a guy that can play a little defense, is a little more consistent at the plate (he can hit .250 for all I care), and can go first to third in under 10 minutes.

you already had doug, but you guys weren't happy with him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Giambi's got a .336 OBP and a .473 SLG. Both those numbers are pretty amazing given his .183 batting average.