Thread: OT - Florida Teacher Suspended for Wizardry

OT - Florida Teacher Suspended for Wizardry

The further north you go, the further south you get. And, apparently, the more inbred:

[quote]Teacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears. Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes. Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.
    "I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.
    Piculas said he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action. The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.[/quote][URL]http://www.local6.com/news/16169506/detail.html[/URL]

Have they set a date for the stoning?

What in the hell has this world came too? :steamin:

Maybe for his follow up trick he can make all the pervs in the south that sleep with their students disappear.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.
    Piculas said [B]he did not know of any other accusations that would have led to the action. [/B]

Er, yep, um.....

Methinks there is so much more to this story.

Less Wizardry and perhaps more buggery.

I'm a glazz half full type.

All Pro
    Haha, this is right up there with the 13 yr old who bought hookers after winning a warcraft tournement

"[I]The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs[/I]".

Perhaps there is something to this. Maybe the toothpick routine is a gateway trick to a larger plan of introducing these kids to the occult. Had it not been for this alert 10 year old the town of Land O' Lakes was at risk of losing an entire generation of children to this evil mastermind.

Kudos on the suspension.... That was a close one.

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://retrodc.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/phantasm.jpg[/IMG]

For my next trick...BOOOOOOOOOOOYYY!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOIYsGVyg8M[/url]

Warlocks are enemies of god!

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2532511][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOIYsGVyg8M[/url]

Warlocks are enemies of god![/QUOTE]

Someone should tell her that Twinkies are the enemy of low cholesterol.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2532511][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOIYsGVyg8M[/url]

Warlocks are enemies of god![/QUOTE]

That's a you tube video of Jesus camp a very small questionable bunch of idiots who hijack a religion for profit. School prayer gone, pledge of allegiance soon to be gone because of the phrase One nation under God. But let's make sure we keep teaching our children about evolution and dinosaur bones, That's certainly more important then anything to do with their soul. Laugh criticize mock but ,The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2532520]That's a you tube video of Jesus camp a very small questionable bunch of idiots who hijack a religion for profit. School prayer gone, pledge of allegiance soon to be gone because of the phrase One nation under God. But let's make sure we keep teaching our children about evolution and dinosaur bones, That's certainly more important then anything to do with their soul. Laugh criticize mock but ,The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh . . . I certainly dont mean to lump you in with the "fire the wizard sub" crowd, but there are some problems with your statement.

The only prayers in school that are gone are those organized, led, and endorsed by the district or school district personnel. Individuals students are free to pray, express religious beliefs, and join religious clubs that meet on campus. Many school districts have set aside moments of silence during each school day. If school administrators are telling your kid differently they are violating their religious freedom. The Supreme Court has never declared any of those activities unConstitutional and has in fact consistently upheld the rights of students to express their religious beliefs.

Saying the pledge of allegiance in school was most recently upheld by the Federal Courts. Every student in Texas and I assume many other states are supposed to say the pledge every day.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that more time is devoted to studying the foundations of Christianity (along with other religions), its spread, its importance to western civilization, and the Protestant reformation in History classes than is spent on evolution and dinosaurs in science classes. BTW, both the THEORY of evolution and dinosaurs are legitimate areas of scientific study.

[quote=thebigragu;2532520]That's a you tube video of Jesus camp a very small questionable bunch of idiots who hijack a religion for profit. School prayer gone, pledge of allegiance soon to be gone because of the phrase One nation under God. But let's make sure we keep teaching our children about evolution and dinosaur bones, That's certainly more important then anything to do with their soul. Laugh criticize mock but ,The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2532520]That's a you tube video of Jesus camp a very small questionable bunch of idiots who hijack a religion for profit. School prayer gone, pledge of allegiance soon to be gone because of the phrase One nation under God. But let's make sure we keep teaching our children about evolution and dinosaur bones, That's certainly more important then anything to do with their soul. Laugh criticize mock but ,The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because allowing people to do as they think is right, yet thebigragu does not think is right, is OUTRAGOUS right?

Of course you're always right.

:rolleyes:

Go away.

Veteran
    Haha, I know the disappearing toothpick trick. I saw it on Mindfreak.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Q0jdia60E[/url]

Good to know in case I ever get a job down in Florida.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Sharrow;2532719][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Q0jdia60E[/url][/QUOTE]

Arrrrghhh!

WIZADRY! MAGIC! WARLOCK!

The Youtubes is the tool of the devil. Out you demons! I cast thee out in the name of Jesus and wine and crackers!

Jets Insider VIP
    Ever think maybe 'toothpick' and 'wizardry' are slang down/up there in Florida for some other part of the male body?

That would explain a lot.:eek: