Thread: Maybe this is the war we should be fighting

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this is the war we should be fighting

I have no problem with using our military to help in what has basically become a war just a few miles from the U.S. border. The Mexican drug cartels influence on America is disturbing. Everything from the push of drugs and illegal immigrants into the U.S. to the kidnappings and murders that are seeping into cities in our southern states such as San Diego, here in Phoenix and southern Texas. It's getting ugly down there and the Mexican police and government obviously can't handle it. Anyone who thinks that this is Mexico's problem is crazy.

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080511/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/mexico_drugs[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like drugs...

leave them be is my vote :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2532623]I like drugs...

leave them be is my vote :yes:[/QUOTE]

:thdown1:

I'll never criticize the personal and moral decisions that people make. To each his own. But the various forms of carnage that spill into the rest of society from these enterprises is incredible - The family of 5 that was killed in a head-on collision with a drug dealer fleeing police last month on I-10 in Tempe. The more than $10,000 stolen from my parents house during a burglary by 2 people later caught who said they needed the money for meth. Those are things I simply cannot tolerate. I'm not the person looking for police to knock down the door of the guy sitting on his sofa smoking pot before he calls it a night. I am, however, absolutely sick of the destruction taking place in the many lives of people who have never had anything to do with drugs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone one knows that the government of Mexico is corrupt. We as the US must give them an ultimatum clean your mess up or we will clean it up for you!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds, like the 80's in Miami, FL when the Cuban Mariel's were released from prisons over 1.1 million came and became the cocaine cowboy's, made famous by al Pacino, Scarface. It was scary and the worst thing is, the Miami Police Department hired these criminals to be cops, who ended up ripping off and murdering anyone they wanted, including wealthy elderly, drug dealers. There were at least 10 of them that ended up in prison for murder. They were dumping the bodies in the Miami River.

The bottom line is there is no money. no national guard to send, and there will be no relief. The deal between Canada, US, & Mexico to become 1 Nation is already in action. We've been sending our homeland security guys to Canada 1 year ago. They are shifting upward for a reason. Wake up people, " time's are a changing. " :eek:

Get trained in firearm protection and get your carrying permit. Protect your family first, don't wait for the law to come to write a report, too late. My .02.

Sorry, let's get back to the best distraction that I can find, Go JETS J E T S JETS, JETS, JETS! :yes: Screw the rest. :yes: METS as well, sorry, back to Football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2532650]Everyone one knows that the government of Mexico is corrupt. We as the US must give them an ultimatum clean your mess up or we will clean it up for you![/QUOTE]

Nope, won't work! If we use military force we'll just make the drug guys mad and they'll step up their recruiting and we'll have more cartels and things will just get worse! Our best hope is for prez Obama to go and talk with those drug cartel guys and get them to clean up their act! If they want to use it, fine, but just don't sell it anymore!
    :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan;2532650]Everyone one knows that the government of Mexico is corrupt. We as the US must give them an ultimatum clean your mess up or we will clean it up for you![/QUOTE]

newsflash: the vast majority of these drugs is NOT sold in Mexico. corruption in the Mexican authorities is certainly a big part of the problem, but who is actually paying millions and millions of dollars to consume these drugs?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2532642]:thdown1:

I'll never criticize the personal and moral decisions that people make. To each his own. But the various forms of carnage that spill into the rest of society from these enterprises is incredible - The family of 5 that was killed in a head-on collision with a drug dealer fleeing police last month on I-10 in Tempe. The more than $10,000 stolen from my parents house during a burglary by 2 people later caught who said they needed the money for meth. Those are things I simply cannot tolerate. I'm not the person looking for police to knock down the door of the guy sitting on his sofa smoking pot before he calls it a night. I am, however, absolutely sick of the destruction taking place in the many lives of people who have never had anything to do with drugs.[/QUOTE]

maybe the solution is less laws not more. fighting the war on drugs is just plain stupid, the problems have only gotten worse over the years

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Want to stop the drug trade? Make selling drugs unprofitable. That's the only reason these cartels do it...for the money.

Legalize...

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2557048]Want to stop the drug trade? Make selling drugs unprofitable. That's the only reason these cartels do it...for the money.

Legalize...[/QUOTE]

It really seems so obvious..

I remember when I was a kid it was easier to get pot, lsd and the sort then ot was to get beer...

Legalize, regulate and tax the hell out of it..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CTM;2557051]It really seems so obvious..

I remember when I was a kid it was easier to get pot, lsd and the sort then ot was to get beer...

Legalize, regulate and tax the hell out of it..[/QUOTE]

I'm open to all these kinds of ideas but where do you draw the line? Legalize pot? Cocaine? Do you legalize crack? Heroin? Crystal meth?

Then what about associated laws such as legal drinking ages? You can smoke pot at 21 but not at 18? What about a legal "limit" for impairment of driving an automobile? What is the equivalent of .08 BAC for marijuana?

I'm asking these things because I simply do not know. But I agree that in some cases the actual drugs aren't the problem, it's the associated activities and crime that harm society more.

Steven Wright actually has a funny standup routine about being pulled over by the police after smoking pot. The officer approaches the car and Wright says, "Was I speeding, officer?" and the cop says, "you were doing 4 mph." lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least legalize pot, it's nowhere near as dangerous as alcohol.