Thread: WOW Griffey looks old

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW Griffey looks old

He lost his range, arm. They need to put him at 1st. It's sad how time flies, and im only 21. lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He can still hit, he'll get traded to an AL time after he hits 600. He wants to go back to Seattle, but they have to be in some sort of race for them to want him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He can still hit, he'll get traded to an AL time after he hits 600. He wants to go back to Seattle, but they have to be in some sort of race for them to want him.
    that would be a good place for him to play DH.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raysdaone View Post
    that would be a good place for him to play DH.
    It would, but they are currently 10 games under .500. They aren't looking to trade chips for a aging outfielder who can't play the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can he really hit? He's only hitting .257/.329/.390 this year and plays half his games in a great hitters ballpark.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Can he really hit? He's only hitting .257/.329/.390 this year and plays half his games in a great hitters ballpark.
    I honestly didn't look at his #'s. I watched a lot of the Mets/Reds series, and he did have a 4 hits yesterday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly didn't look at his #'s. I watched a lot of the Mets/Reds series, and he did have a 4 hits yesterday
    Well he hit pretty well last year, so maybe this is just a blip, but given his age, it's very possible this is what he is now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The swing is definitely still there but his legs are gone. 2 routine flys became doubles this weekend. He should retire to the AL/DH.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he plays some DH/1B for an AL club I think he can still be a very productive at the plate. He would get a lot more plate appearences because he wouldn't have to sit for defensive purposes. It's really ashame that this guy has been plagued by injuries for so many years. He arguably could have been the best player of this generation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's been pressing chasing 600 HR, once he gets there I suspect his numbers will really improve.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    He's been pressing chasing 600 HR, once he gets there I suspect his numbers will really improve.
    QFT

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    That's a fair assumption. Although in 2006 he didn't really hit much either.

Put it this way, I would not want him on the Yankees at all as a DH or first baseman.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a fair assumption. Although in 2006 he didn't really hit much either.

Put it this way, I would not want him on the Yankees at all as a DH or first baseman.
    You don't think he would be an improvement over the albatross that is Giambi?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maury420 View Post
    I would absolutely take him over Giambi, but that doesn't mean me or any other Yankee fan would necessarily want him. Giambi is gone after this year anyway so someone new will be here next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maury420 View Post
    Defensively I think they would be similar (just given that Griffey has never played the position before) and Giambi has actually been the better offensive player despite hitting under .200.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching him try to track Castillo's flyball was depressing.