Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the 17th time....

Veteran

For the 17th time....

We are the Champions of Turkey!!!

We wrapped up the championship with a 2-0 home win over a team called Oftas, the second third and fourth place finishers were Fenerbahce, Besiktas and Sivasspor respectively, all 6 points behind us seperated by goal difference. It's cruel for Sivas to finish level with fener and only qualify for the intertoto where fener quilifed for the Champions league.

But f. them all we finished the seasons last 6 weeks with a caretaker manager after Karl-Heinz Feldkamp resigned over differences with the board and we beat fener 1-0 2 weeks ago than Sivas 5-3 away last week. So it was almost like a playoff where we beat our 2 top rivals in succesive games so close to the end.

I didn't post anything before not to jinx our run.

RD what's up with PSG did you guys go down?

Jets Insider VIP
    Congrats. That's cool, you have the CL to look forward to.

Not yet. With one game left, there's one relegation spot left and 3 teams can still go down. PSG has a 1 point lead over the first relegated team. It's still a very possible situation.

JETS: Just End The Season.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Congrats. That's cool, you have the CL to look forward to.

Not yet. With one game left, there's one relegation spot left and 3 teams can still go down. PSG has a 1 point lead over the first relegated team. It's still a very possible situation.

JETS: Just End The Season.
    Who are the other 2 teams? and who will you be playing next week?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Who are the other 2 teams? and who will you be playing next week?
    The other 2 teams are Toulouse and Lens

16: PSG 40 pts
    17: Toulouse 39 pts
    18: Lens 39 pts

We play Sochaux away (a win seals it). Lens plays Bordeaux who still has a shot at winning the championship, so normally they should lose.

Veteran
    The other 2 teams are Toulouse and Lens

16: PSG 40 pts
    17: Toulouse 39 pts
    18: Lens 39 pts

We play Sochaux away (a win seals it). Lens plays Bordeaux who still has a shot at winning the championship, so normally they should lose.
    I hope Toulouse are the ones to go down - I can't root against Lens, great colors

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope Toulouse are the ones to go down - I can't root against Lens, great colors
    Great fans as well.

Veteran
    Great fans as well.
    Yup! Les Sang et L'or...wasn't it?

Jets Insider VIP
    Yup! Les Sang et L'or...wasn't it?
    Les Sang et Or

Blood and Gold

Rookie
    Hey Turk.
    Theres a mexican striker that plays for Ankarasport.
    What do you think of him?, and what do people in Turkey think of him
    as a forward?

Congrats!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetMex View Post
    Hey Turk.
    Theres a mexican striker that plays for Ankarasport.
    What do you think of him?, and what do people in Turkey think of him
    as a forward?

Congrats!
    De Nigris...

I personally like him very much because he scored in both matches against fener but sucked in the matches against us

I really didn't watch him a whole lot but the general view is that he is an above average striker but nothing to write home about.

There was a Mexican centre back who played for us a few years back Sergio Almaguer - he was just un f****believable bad when he was here but I heard that he was very popular in Mexico... Is that True? And if so why?

Rookie
    De Nigris...

I personally like him very much because he scored in both matches against fener but sucked in the matches against us

I really didn't watch him a whole lot but the general view is that he is an above average striker but nothing to write home about.

There was a Mexican centre back who played for us a few years back Sergio Almaguer - he was just un f****believable bad when he was here but I heard that he was very popular in Mexico... Is that True? And if so why?
    Yes I remember Alamguer, he used to play for my team here in Mex: NECAXA, after there he went lent to Cruz Azul and played a very good Copa Libertadores (Latin American Champions League), and after that he went to Gala (where, if Im not mistaken, he played the first round of the Champions League). I guess he was his best timing. But he was kind of old when he went there.

That De Nigris, yes nothing spectacular, just curious how do people saw him in Turkey.

Jets Insider VIP
    RD what's up with PSG did you guys go down?
    Saved our asses. Finished 16th out of 20....

Lyon won the title for the 7th straight year.

Veteran
    Congratulations...You think Le Guen will (or should) stay?

I felt sorry for Lens, they belong in Ligue 1, hope they come back next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Congratulations...You think Le Guen will (or should) stay?
    I don't know. Something is very wrong with this club. I was optimistic when he came aboard: level headed, had already won the title. He's had the team for a year and a half. Guys have been fired for less than that recently, so you can't say he wasn't given time to work.

I really don't know. I get the feeling we could have Capello and still suck. We're gangrened to the core. Paris has become a twilight zone where once good players all of a sudden lose their talent.

I have zero hope for next year.

Veteran
    It sucks that Lyon won for the 7th time eh? I'm guessing everyone except Lyon desperatly wanted Bordeaux to pull an upset?

And I see it was a great year for Strasbourg and Alsace-Lorraine in general 2 out of 3 went down...way to go

Veteran
    RD do you know anything about Vitorino Hilton supposed to be playing centre back for Lens, the Turkish press have been linking him to us recently so I was just wondering...

Jets Insider VIP
    Other than the fact that hes Brazilian and a defender for a team that had one of the 5 worst defenses in L1, not much.

Hes been a starter for 3-4 years.

I guess he likes the colors.

Veteran
    Other than the fact that hes Brazilian and a defender for a team that had one of the 5 worst defenses in L1, not much.

Hes been a starter for 3-4 years.

I guess he likes the colors.

Most likely he hasn't even heard of us, the Turkish press are legendary liars, esspecially in the summer, the ligue hasn't been over for a month yet and they've already sent our winger Arda to newcastle for 11 million pounds, fener has bought Schevchenko and Eto'o and Wagner Love, our new technical director is one day Michael Laudrup another day Mircea Lucescu another day Dider Deschamps and another day Paul Le Guen (The latter 2 are to fill the french quotaIt's like because there is a french connection we're supposed to buy a french player or a coach every year)

Last year an idiot reporter actually photoshopped his head into a picture and made it look like he was interviewing Hernan Craspo - and of course Crespo was in love with Fener at the time begging for them to buy him - the idiots...

Jets Insider VIP
    Most likely he hasn't even heard of us, the Turkish press are legendary liars, esspecially in the summer, the ligue hasn't been over for a month yet and they've already sent our winger Arda to newcastle for 11 million pounds, fener has bought Schevchenko and Eto'o and Wagner Love, our new technical director is one day Michael Laudrup another day Mircea Lucescu another day Dider Deschamps and another day Paul Le Guen (The latter 2 are to fill the french quotaIt's like because there is a french connection we're supposed to buy a french player or a coach every year)

Last year an idiot reporter actually photoshopped his head into a picture and made it look like he was interviewing Hernan Craspo - and of course Crespo was in love with Fener at the time begging for them to buy him - the idiots...
    The Press are the same everywhere.

Did Pascal Nouma play for you guys? I hear he's a wannabe actor now in Turkey.

He sucked donkey balls over here and I'm sorry if he was on your team.

Veteran
    The Press are the same everywhere.

Did Pascal Nouma play for you guys? I hear he's a wannabe actor now in Turkey.

He sucked donkey balls over here and I'm sorry if he was on your team.
    No the dimwit played for Besiktas.

He was such a fan favorite that they still sing about him. But it wasn't because he was agreat player more because he was a showman, he used to eat the Inonu stadiums grass , watch the matches with the supporters when he was injured and then for the Coup de Grace after scoring against Fenerbahce he took off his shirt than dipped his hand into his short and stood there looking at the fener bench with his manhood in his hands...It was hillarious - of course he got kicked off the team for doing that but it was hillarious all the same

The quality of football may not be the premiership but football is never dull in Turkey