Thread: I am going to punch a wall

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to punch a wall

What is all this talk about sending Smith down to make room for Wise? Im all for seeing what Wise has got, but the man to go as surely got to be Jorge Sosa, and is 7+ era. Sosa has to be one of the worst relievers in all of baseball and to keep him up here to save about 1 million dollars is absolute hogwash. This bullpen is already pretty bad and now it seems that were going to send one of the brighter spots down, to keep the absolute worst member up.

Someone tell me this isnt happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we know is Wise is any good? I agree that Smith should be kept around but do they make that move and release Sosa?? He might be tradeable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Do we know is Wise is any good? I agree that Smith should be kept around but do they make that move and release Sosa?? He might be tradeable.
    I dont think you could pay another mlb team to take Sosa right now.

His stats are down right scary.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sosa should be the one sent away, but like most things in baseball, Smith is the one who has options so he's going to be ****ted on. I could live with it if they were going to send him down to control his Innings, but I don't even have that much to hang my hat on.

I don't think it'll be too long before Smith is back in the Majors anyhow....and at least Wise is pretty good. I guess. But really, this kinda sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Sosa should be the one sent away, but like most things in baseball, Smith is the one who has options so he's going to be ****ted on. I could live with it if they were going to send him down to control his Innings, but I don't even have that much to hang my hat on.

I don't think it'll be too long before Smith is back in the Majors anyhow....and at least Wise is pretty good. I guess. But really, this kinda sucks.
    Its an absolute joke, thats what it is Venom. Who the f cares if Sosa doesnt have anymore options? He shouldn't even be on the team. DFA him, eat the whoping 2 million and move the F on. This is a Tampa Bay Devil Ray move in a major market. Absolutely pathetic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    This is a Tampa Bay Devil Ray move in a major market. Absolutely pathetic.
    Please, the Yankees sent Shelley Duncan down to the minors in favor of keeping Morgan Ensberg on the ML roster last month, this stuff happens all the time. It's non-sensical, it's stupid, but lets be realistic here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets may have come to their senses.

Mets calling up Vargas for start tomorrow
    Major news out of New Orleans today: Surfing the Mets has learned that the Zephyrs scratched Claudio Vargas from his start today, signaling they’ve reversed course and will promote him to take the start tomorrow against the Nationals.

Vargas wasn’t under consideration even yesterday afternoon because the spot starter was supposed to be returned to New Orleans right after the game to make room for Matt Wise.

Why did the plan change? It would look like Nelson Figueroa’s poor performance Monday night is the major factor. I’d be seriously worried arriving at the ballpark today if I were Figueroa, since a Vargas call-up would mean he’s in the rotation for more than one turn.

Additional major news: Fernando Tatis looks like he’s coming up, too. Perhaps Luis Castillo’s injury requires the DL.

UPDATE: Sounds like the Mets may have come to their senses and will spare Joe Smith, too. That could mean Jorge Sosa is in trouble.

It might not be Castillo going on the DL. Sounds like Angel Pagan was in discomfort with his shoulder last night.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/met...s-for-sta.html

If that's all true, then

DFA - Figueroa, Sosa
    DL - Castillo or Pagan
    ---
    Call-Ups - Wise, Vargas, Tatis

I could live with that.
    Last edited by Ven0m; 05-13-2008 at 03:27 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the wall is too worried

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The moves are Official (Per Metsblog), Joe Smith is saved.

News; Figueroa and Sosa DFA’d, Pagan to DL
    By Mike Nichols - May 13, 2008 4:26 pm

The Mets have announced RHP Nelson Figueroa and Jorge Sosa have been Designated for assignment.

The Mets have also placed OF Angel Pagan on the 15-day disabled list with a injured shoulder.

In their place the Mets have recalled RHP Claudio Vargas, RHP Matt Wise and OF/IF Fernandeo Tatis.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the wall is safe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank god.