Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did we learn today?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What did we learn today?

- Matt Walsh never taped, was asked to tape, was told to tape, had any knowledge of a tape of any walk-through.
    - He was on the field with a few other video guys setting up video equipment on the Saturday before the Superbowl and was wearing full Patriots garb, so this obviously was no issue with the Rams.
    - Matt Walsh confirmed that the Video tapes would not leave his possession until early the following week, in which he would then mark the tape and hand over to Ernie Adams
    - Walsh did bring to light 1 non-competitive violation of a few players scalping up to 12 tickets for the SuperBowl between 2000-2001
    - Walsh did bring to light 1 competitive violation of a player possibly practicing while still on IR - said that the fines already levied againts BB and the Patriots will cover what he would fine them if this is true
    - The videos that Walsh provided were extremely consistent with the videos taken back in September.
    - The information provided by Walsh was consistent with what the 50 other interviewees provided, as well as Belichick.
    - Goodell does not believe the taping was wide spread because he questions the usefullness of the practice for a couple reasons
    a.) Goodell said former coaches have said that they tried it and found it rather useless
    b.) Believes that Teams are so careful to change their signals that it becomes not enough reward for the risk
    - Walsh has zero interaction with BB - was given his orders from the director of the video department - Jimmy D. (sp?)
    - Walsh was told to be careful, and knew what he was doing wasn't really kosher
    - At one time, Walsh did become suspicious that another team was video taping the Patriots as well, but was not able to substantiate the claim.
    - Goodell does not plan to levy any more penalties

What does this all add up to?

one big...LETS MOVE THE F*CK ON!
    Last edited by dfresh; 05-13-2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: FOOTNOTE - Pending further meddling by the Mr. Burns himself, Arlen Specter

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa...i took notes of the press conference bud..there is no spin in what I typed up...

What i said at the bottom isn't a "move on, nothing to see here"...are we all not sick of hearing/talking about this? Here are the facts, do you dispute anything I wrote? I mean, i think i am being completely objective with what I wrote...

Maybe if you read what I wrote, I didn't just present stuff that helps the pats, but rather what Goodell said.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dfresh View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa...i took notes of the press conference bud..there is no spin in what I typed up...

What i said at the bottom isn't a "move on, nothing to see here"...are we all not sick of hearing/talking about this? Here are the facts, do you dispute anything I wrote? I mean, i think i am being completely objective with what I wrote...

Maybe if you read what I wrote, I didn't just present stuff that helps the pats, but rather what Goodell said.
    That's really sad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We learned that everybody has a price. Including Matt Walsh.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That's really sad.
    Maybe, but it was my lunch break and I had nothing better to do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dfresh View Post

Settle down, guy. Although Goodell might be done with this matter, Arlen Specter is not. So maybe you should edit your stupid post with that footnote.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I learned that I should stop blaming the Patriots for the nearly 4 decades of Jets futility

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by borg View Post
    Today I learned that I should stop blaming the Patriots for the nearly 4 decades of Jets futility
    I also learned that if the Jets to overcome four decades of futility, they should do what the Pats* did to overcome their own four decades of futility: Cheat. Because as we learned with them, crime does pay (in the NFL at least).

BTW, you want to talk about four decades of futility but at least our fans stuck around through thick and thin. In 1992, the Pats* almost moved to St Louis since nobody in the Boston area dared to be caught with a Pats* jersey on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    A player practicing while on IR? Not sure how youre going to spin this one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This stuff happens a lot.. Actually a great example is offseason mini camps players aren't supposed to wear pads or hit.. But yet we read about it all the time..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsully View Post
    This stuff happens a lot.. Actually a great example is offseason mini camps players aren't supposed to wear pads or hit.. But yet we read about it all the time..
    ah, the classic "everyone else is doing it" defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I learned today was that BB does anything to win, anything. He has no regard for the rules of fair competition. That's what we're up against and have been up against....a guy with an unfair advantage.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow....................IR-GATE. That's earth shattering!!!!!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    What I learned today was that BB does anything to win, anything. He has no regard for the rules of fair competition. That's what we're up against and have been up against....a guy with an unfair advantage.
    you just learned that today?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    ah, the classic "everyone else is doing it" defense.
    It's only the Pats using this defense now. Even Goodell said that other teams were NOT videotaping opponents' coaching signals. Walsh even confirmed that he wasn't aware of any other team doing this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    you just learned that today?
    Eh, had it further confirmed I guess. We didn't know about the player practice violations.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Wow....................IR-GATE. That's earth shattering!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah Wiggy....the most intelligent Pats fan here, who always understands everything that's going on.

Good thing we have your commentary here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Walsh even confirmed that he wasn't aware of any other team doing this.
    And how the hell does Walsh know what the other 31 teams are doing?