Thread: Nady

Nady

The Pirates will probably end up trading him soon, so what do you guys think the Mets would have to give up to bring him back? And where would he play?

Quote Originally Posted by meatboy View Post
    The Pirates will probably end up trading him soon, so what do you guys think the Mets would have to give up to bring him back? And where would he play?
    The Mets don't have much to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The Mets don't have much to get him.
    Where have I heard that before? That's right the Johan trade.

Nady would be a nice fit for next year. Pirates will likley move him, Bay or Laroche with Pearce waiting in the minors. All are great fits for us next year.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Where have I heard that before? That's right the Johan trade.

Nady would be a nice fit for next year. Pirates will likley move him, Bay or Laroche with Pearce waiting in the minors. All are great fits for us next year.
    tell me, who are you going to trade to the Pirates now that you gutted your system for Johan. All you have Fernando Martinez and Mike Pelfrey.

Short of Delgado going back to sucking (He had a 9 game hit streak before last nights 0-for), and possibly plugging Nady in at 1B, (and LF when Alou gets hurt), is there really a need?

I mean, I like Nady too, but I don't see why parting with Niese for him (For example) is a good baseball move.

All Pro
    We dont need him, he'd be a luxury.

Another Ryan Church bomb tonight. 2nd best trade of the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Another Ryan Church bomb tonight. 2nd best trade of the off season.
    You could argue best trade. Santana is the better player, but that deal was a no brainer. This was a trade that could have killed Omar forever and he nailed it.

I agree with Venom and BRJ. The guy's having a good year but it isn't a need for you guys. With the farm system somewhat depleted after the Santana deal, it wouldn't be smart to drain it any further just to make a luxury move.