Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The call up Brett Gardner thread!

  1. #1

    The call up Brett Gardner thread!

    The Yankees lineup is slow and boring. I've mentioned this earlier in the season, but I think it's pretty clear the Yankees need a player like Gardner in the lineup.

    Someone who can get in scoring position without a hit. This lineup has become a station to station lineup. We have to wait for the big hit for us to get on the board, but it just never comes.

    WE NEED A BLAZER!
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-13-2008 at 08:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,561
    I've been saying that for a while. Ideally, I'd like to see someone like Damon attempt to make the transition to 1st base. Get that clod Giambi out of the lineup, and move Gardner to left.

    I like it.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    I like his base running, and he was a joy to watch throughout spring training. But where does he fit in.

    Anyways, side story - A kid that lived down the hall in my dorm last semester worked the dugout for the Yanks during spring training, and he actually got to know Brett well. He said Brett was definitely the most down to earth player there, and would sit with the workers all the time and just talk. He gave my buddy like 3 pairs of sneakers, when the sponsors stuff came.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I've been saying that for a while. Ideally, I'd like to see someone like Damon attempt to make the transition to 1st base. Get that clod Giambi out of the lineup, and move Gardner to left.

    I like it.
    Sounds ideal.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Yeah thats not a bad idea with Johnny. I think that might be the only way it would work.

  6. #6
    On March 14, 2008, Yankee Manager Joe Girardi said of Gardner: “He’s an exciting player. He creates havoc.”
    WE NEED HAVOC!

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    WE NEED HAVOC!
    Havoc? I'd settle for a sign of a pulse right now.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Havoc? I'd settle for a sign of a pulse right now.
    Pulse? We had a pulse in Joba, but Yankees aren't aloud to have a pulse, they're emotionless robots.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Havoc? I'd settle for a sign of a pulse right now.
    Good point

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Pulse? We had a pulse in Joba, but Yankees aren't aloud to have a pulse, they're emotionless robots.
    Unfortunately we haven't had a lead in enough games to use Joba, which is just another reason why he should be a starter.

  11. #11
    Is this the official thread?

  12. #12
    I watch this guy Play up here at PNC field I agree a 100% he has some incredible speed and is a decent clutch hitter. Again the problem is Hankenstein and his families philosphy on overpaying for old talent over developing and using farm talent. Remember if Steinbrenner wasnt banned from day to day operations in the 90s Players like Pettite, Rivera, Posada, Jeter, would probably have been eventually traded for more aging players. Cashman is building a solid foundation for the future the sad thing is if the Yankees dont make the playoffs I see Hankenstein firing Cashman draining the farm system and building the team around more Giambi type players who have played their best years and are on the downside of their career.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    I watch this guy Play up here at PNC field I agree a 100% he has some incredible speed and is a decent clutch hitter. Again the problem is Hankenstein and his families philosphy on overpaying for old talent over developing and using farm talent. Remember if Steinbrenner wasnt banned from day to day operations in the 90s Players like Pettite, Rivera, Posada, Jeter, would probably have been eventually traded for more aging players. Cashman is building a solid foundation for the future the sad thing is if the Yankees dont make the playoffs I see Hankenstein firing Cashman draining the farm system and building the team around more Giambi type players who have played their best years and are on the downside of their career.
    In 2005 the Yankees shook up this team by calling up Robinson Cano, and Chien-Ming Wang...and a little later, Melky Cabrera.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Don't forget the Melkman the next year.

  15. #15
    We need to shake things up pretty fast and this guy could definitely be the guy to do it. I've been on the Gardner bandwagon for a while. Please get this guy up here!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us