Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonds is F*cked!

Bonds is F*cked!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3394878

The U.S. attorney's office filed 14 counts of perjury and one count of obstruction against Barry Bonds on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

even though i think bonds is a cheating f*ck......

there is no way i think he should have to go to jail for this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice. there goes Detroit.

Gimme an F! Gimme and ucked! What's that spell?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post

Hmm, I've never thought about that. I would agree, but perhaps someone serving jail time for this stuff would stop others from using it.

Well we will all find out if there is actually equality within the judicial system Bonds and Clemens are basically in the same boat (why hasn't Clemens been charged yet?) if Bonds gets 1 day more than Roger Clemens there will be a huge out cry.

Go to jail for lying to the federal government? Yes.

Go to jail for what, 15 years minimum there? No.

Personally, I don't think anybody should get more then a couple years for non-violent crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPanther View Post
    Well we will all find out if there is actually equality within the judicial system Bonds and Clemens are basically in the same boat (why hasn't Clemens been charged yet?) if Bonds gets 1 day more than Roger Clemens there will be a huge out cry.

lol. why do people always have to find a reason to turn something into a racially charged issue?

All Pro
    I agree BUT it took years after Bonds testimony before they charged him...Clemens testified a couple of months ago. If a few years from now they went through with charging Bonds and didn't charge Clemens then it is a serious problem.

They are two separate cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

Personally, I don't think anybody should get more then a couple years for non-violent crimes.

sorry i just don't agree. there are good reaosns to take someone's liberty from them and then there are bad reasons. lying about doing steroids is not a good reason to put the guy in prison. now if he lied about selling plans for atomic bombs to terrorists...well than there's a good reason. but i do agree with people not doing a long bid for non-violent crimes. i mean f*ckinf wesley snipes got 3 years for tax evasion. imo, that's bullsh*t. just make him pay the money back and put him on probation and make him so some community service. why waste space in prison for this? our government steals money from us at every turn.....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    They are two separate cases.
    Yes but the similarities are striking.

All Pro
    sorry i just don't agree. there are good reaosns to take someone's liberty from them and then there are bad reasons. lying about doing steroids is not a good reason to put the guy in prison. now if he lied about selling plans for atomic bombs to terrorists...well than there's a good reason. but i do agree with people not doing a long bid for non-violent crimes. i mean f*ckinf wesley snipes got 3 years for tax evasion. imo, that's bullsh*t. just make him pay the money back and put him on probation and make him so some community service. why waste space in prison for this? our government steals money from us at every turn.....
    Um because then every Tom, Dick and Harry will not pay taxes knowing the gov't can't catch everyone and if they catch you all you have to do is pay what you owe and go to a soup kitchen for a few hours. It is supposed to be a deterrent.

You have to send the message that lying to the Federal Government is not acceptable. So throw him in jail for a while, but really, anything more then 2-3 years is overkill for a non-violent action.

To me, unless you're committed a violent act where leaving you free endangers public safety, there really isn't a reason to be locked up for longer then that.

All League

I completely disagree with you on that. You can do plenty of damage with non-violent crime.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Um because then every Tom, Dick and Harry will not pay taxes knowing the gov't can't catch everyone and if they catch you all you have to do is pay what you owe and go to a soup kitchen for a few hours. It is supposed to be a deterrent.

i guess i just have a different opinion on what sort of crimes deserve incarceration. especially with the prison system we have in this country. where co's let rape and severe beatings happen at an alarming rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Hmm, I've never thought about that. I would agree, but perhaps someone serving jail time for this stuff would stop others from using it.
    I feel that Jails should be for people that are a danger to society. Someone like Bonds might be a liar but he is certainly not a danger to society.

You have to send the message that lying to the Federal Government is not acceptable. So throw him in jail for a while, but really, anything more then 2-3 years is overkill for a non-violent action.

To me, unless you're committed a violent act where leaving you free endangers public safety, there really isn't a reason to be locked up for longer then that.

how about the federal government lying to us? i guess that's ok...at least in their view it is

All Pro
    i guess i just have a different opinion on what sort of crimes deserve incarceration. especially with the prison system we have in this country. where co's let rape and severe beatings happen at an alarming rate.

I hear you but if prison rape isn't going to deter you, community service sure won't. Our prison system needs to be massively overhauled but in my opinion that should not be an excuse to let people get away scott free with non violent crimes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bonds is not going to jail for lying about taking steroids. Bonds is going to jail for knowingly lying under oath to the Federal Government. When you swear in court to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth .... there will be consequences if you tell anything but the truth.

Bonds knew what those potential consequences were (jail time) and had a decision to make. Does he, A. Tell the truth? Or, B. Risk the jail time and lie?

He made a conscious decision knowing what the potential downfall was. Sometimes when you gamble you lose. He deserves jail time. It is not like he didn't know the ramifications of his actions and this blindsided him unfairly. He had a decision to make and he chose to do what he did.