Thread: The Official "I pledge to stop whining" Thread

Banned

The Official "I pledge to stop whining" Thread

We the undersigned pledge to stop making threads complaining about another user on an internet message board.

We the undersigned pledge to stop whining about the fact that spygate has not (to this point) resulted in more penalties to the Patriots.

We the undersigned are grown men who are fans of a football team and not prepubescent girls who can handle people with a difference of opinion and the fact that there is a team that routinely kicks our ass on sundays. We will root hard for our team to improve and surpass this aforementioned team, and celebrate when it does.

Until then, we the undersigned will talk football, root for the jets, and stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by EY View Post
    We the undersigned pledge to stop making threads complaining about another user on an internet message board.

We the undersigned pledge to stop whining about the fact that spygate has not (to this point) resulted in more penalties to the Patriots.

We the undersigned are grown men who are fans of a football team and not prepubescent girls who can handle people with a difference of opinion and the fact that there is a team that routinely kicks our ass on sundays. We will root hard for our team to improve and surpass this aforementioned team, and celebrate when it does.

Until then, we the undersigned will talk football, root for the jets, and stop whining.
    Agreed, please stop whining.

We the undersigned also apparently plan on having a very quiet offseason on JI.

I take it this includes everyone who takes the "the entire 53 man roster sucks, we suck, everthing sucks and i want everyone to agree with me" stance as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin' Green View Post
    We the undersigned also apparently plan on having a very quiet offseason on JI.
    And training camp, and season, and maybe (but prob not) postseason.

As long as we are Jets fans, there will always be something to complain about.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I take it this includes everyone who takes the "the entire 53 man roster sucks, we suck, everthing sucks and i want everyone to agree with me" stance as well?
    It's great because it means whatever you want it to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

If we don't complain as Jet fans, we'd probably explode.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post

Touche.

I don't think it's whining as much as expressing outrage at the NFL's lack of respect for the game and it's fans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I'm on the bus.

One point of clarification however...

Are pointed jabs directed at targeted posters, without appeal to MODs (all the angels sing) still permitted?

Otherwise, "sally pants.com" is recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I don't think it's whining as much as expressing outrage at the NFL's lack of respect for the game and it's fans.
    I believe this was more directly aimed towards the similarly named thread whining about TX. Although it can certainly cover the vast majority of topics brought up on this site as well, including Spygate. There is certainly a difference between criticizing and whining, some cross over the line more often than others.

I've posted maybe 3-4 times on Spygate, it just doesn't interest me, like the steriods in baseball, they aren't going to go back and change the record books. Move on and look forward to the 2008 season. Chad threads > SpyGate, at least Jets football is being discussed.

All League
    Can we just stop whining about all the incessant whining?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Counterpoint:

The NFL IS protecting the integrity of the game by not making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to.

Was the punishment small, you could make that argument. But maybe, just maybe the guys are right who say that every team tapes. Maybe this shouldn't go any further for fear of finding out way too much. Remember, Mangini was a part of this cheating in New England, do you think there's a chance he might brainstorming, or invoking ways to get a competitive advantage, or do you think coming to the Jets was a virtual baptism for him? And now he is innocent and pure?

I'm glad they talked to Walsh, and maybe he was paid off, maybe there was some backwards dealing, but we can never no, so now, it's time to turn the page and focus on how we can beat the Pats, not be a crybaby on what the NFL should do.

I agree. Some people are starting to sound desperate at this point.

All Pro
    Spygate was boring the week after the NFL levied the fine. I agree we need to focus on Jets football, our peers here that need our help, and how we can't wait for Vernon Gholston to rip Tom Bradys head off. Stategy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Screw the Pats, Jet's take the AFC east in '08!

11-5 and the division crown.

Screw this poll.

If you're not down with some CPF in '08, well, you can just get the f*ck outta Dodge as far as I'm concerned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If you're not down with some CPF in '08, well, you can just get the f*ck outta Dodge as far as I'm concerned.
    Are you bipolar? I mean, seriously, you should look into this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are you bipolar? I mean, seriously, you should look into this.
    My mind tricks must put TX to shame.