Thread: LoDuca calls WFAN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

LoDuca calls WFAN

Brian Schneider is no Paul Lo Duca on his weekly spots on WFAN - not that the newest Mets catcher wants to match Lo Ducaís penchant for being a lightning rod.

We were reminded of how things used to be when Lo Duca, on the DL with the Nationals with a broken hand, was a surprise caller to WFAN during Joe Beningo and Evan Robertsí show this afternoon. He had some interesting comments about his softball-cheering teammates as well as his appearance in the Mitchell Report.

On Mondayís cheers in the dugout: ďI wasnít there. The last few games - Iím on the DL. They have a policy here, the Nationals, when youíre on the DL you stay home. But they let me come on this trip because I live here.

ďI donít know. Iím not a big fan of it to be honest with you. Iíll be honest with you. You know, weíre struggling. Guys are just trying to have a little fun. I think they saw Figueroa getting a little upset, so they amped it up a couple of notches. I do think itís a little bush league. At first it started off as a little fun, until he got mad. I donít agree with it. But, also, Nelson Figueroa has nine wins in the big leagues and he needs to keep his mouth shut.Ē

On being named in the Mitchell Report: ďI apologized. Itís something I did a long time ago. The perception, and people think that, hey, he did it last year. No. I did it a long time ago. And it was a mistake I did. I wish it would have never happened. Itís something Iíll have to deal with. But, you know, Iím sort of glad. I think it was a monkey thatís been on my back for a long time that finally flew off. It was something that Iím not proud of, obviously.

ďI donít view myself as a cheater. Obviously itís something I did. And obviously itís something that helped me. But, you know, a lot of people donít realize I got into a bad collision and got run over at home plate one year, in í95 in Double-A. And I got it prescribed to me by a doctor. A lot of guys did it. Thereís a lot of guys in front of me that did it. Like I said, Iím not making excuses. It was part of survival. You want to be at home or you want to be playing? Thatís the way it was. I apologized for what I did, but thatís plenty true.Ē

Final comment, lightheartedly: ďIím going to the ponies right now to win some money, so leave me alone.Ē
    I always liked LoDuca and respect him for admitting he took steroids or HGH or whatever. I do not think he should have said that about his teammates cheering though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    good job by LoDuca...straight shooter. Elijah Dukes should be in jail right now, & I guarantee he will be one day soon (again)...Dukes was the one leading the stupid cheers- it looked like the rest of the Nationals were scared not to do what he said, so they clapped along.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This always makes me crack up. What an idiot.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This always makes me crack up. What an idiot.

What's so funny?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BronxDan View Post
    What's so funny?
    Your face.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your face.

Good answer junior

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was obvious.

I find it amusing that Lo Duca used team writing paper to write to his steroids dealer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    as far as i remember loduca has roids shipped to his house for someone else or somehting like that....he was never implicated as a roid user.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    as far as i remember loduca has roids shipped to his house for someone else or somehting like that....he was never implicated as a roid user.
    Does it matter that he himself admitted taking steroids?

Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-14-2008 at 08:17 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it matter that he himself admitted taking steroids?

lol
    On being named in the Mitchell Report: ďI apologized. Itís something I did a long time ago. The perception, and people think that, hey, he did it last year. No. I did it a long time ago. And it was a mistake I did. I wish it would have never happened. Itís something Iíll have to deal with. But, you know, Iím sort of glad. I think it was a monkey thatís been on my back for a long time that finally flew off. It was something that Iím not proud of, obviously.

ďI donít view myself as a cheater. Obviously itís something I did. And obviously itís something that helped me. But, you know, a lot of people donít realize I got into a bad collision and got run over at home plate one year, in í95 in Double-A. And I got it prescribed to me by a doctor. A lot of guys did it. Thereís a lot of guys in front of me that did it. Like I said, Iím not making excuses. It was part of survival. You want to be at home or you want to be playing? Thatís the way it was. I apologized for what I did, but thatís plenty true.Ē

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    lol
    ROIDS or HGH? sorry they are not the same thing...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No but they are both banned performance enhancers. Does it matter?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I know.. I played that card with Pettitte, but Lo Duca admitted taking steroids. Which is what he was accused of receiving from former Mets clubhouse attendant and known steroids dealer Kirk Radomski.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I know.. I played that card with Pettitte, but Lo Duca admitted taking steroids. Which is what he was accused of receiving from former Mets clubhouse attendant and known steroids dealer Kirk Radomski.
    Oh no dont get me wrong, i think they are both wrong....i just never heard LoDuca admin to Roids...shows how much i know about former mets

Btw cheating aside i think people really confuse HGH and Roids, they cant really be used in the same conversation unless you talk about banned substances in general.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no dont get me wrong, i think they are both wrong....i just never heard LoDuca admin to Roids...shows how much i know about former mets

Btw cheating aside i think people really confuse HGH and Roids, they cant really be used in the same conversation unless you talk about banned substances in general.
    I agree. I think there a huge number of ball players who have taken HGH when they where injured. It was never banned, and never and still isn't detectable. Why wouldn't an injured ball player trying to get back on the field take it? Knowing what they where doing wasn't against the rules and is easy to obtain.