Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Wang vs. Maine

  1. #1

    Wang vs. Maine

    i bet you yankees homers were just salivating at this thread title. especially mr. monzino...thinking it was yet another maine is better than wang comparison. but sunday is actually wang vs. maine, and i thought it makes for a good match-up and am looking forward to it.

    some quick stats....

    wang:

    6-1
    era - 2.90
    whip - 1.169
    so - 38

    maine:

    5-2
    era - 2.81
    whip - 1.250
    so - 38


    should be a good game

    i'm predicting a mets sweep......

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    i bet you yankees homers were just salivating at this thread title. especially mr. monzino...thinking it was yet another maine is better than wang comparison. but sunday is actually wang vs. maine, and i thought it makes for a good match-up and am looking forward to it.

    some quick stats....

    wang:

    6-1
    era - 2.90
    whip - 1.169
    so - 38

    maine:

    5-2
    era - 2.81
    whip - 1.250
    so - 38


    should be a good game

    i'm predicting a mets sweep......
    Dump

  3. #3
    John Maine has better stuff and more upside.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    John Maine has better stuff and more upside.
    See what I mean? This is the reason why this thread should of been dumped.


  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    It's "Guido" to you, bud. Not Mr. Monzino.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    See what I mean? This is the reason why this thread should of been dumped. People are going talk like morons.

    Not that different from their posts in other threads. Might as well keep it open.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    See what I mean? This is the reason why this thread should of been dumped.

    Yes, this and Melky Cabrera is more then a 4th OFer.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Yes, this and Melky Cabrera is more then a 4th OFer.
    Actually he's the starting center fielder for the Yankees and you're an idiot.

    And please tell me, how much more upside does a 27 year old pitcher have? John Maine isn't a 23 year old prospect.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-14-2008 at 11:18 PM.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,997
    The Mets areincapable of winning 3/4 against the worst team in baseball. Dont see how we are getting a sweep.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Melky .263 6 HR .324 OBP .436 SLG 23 years old $460,000
    Beltran .241 3 HR .366 OBP .429 SLG 31 years old $18.6 Million

    Keep talkin about Melky.

  11. #11
    At least the Met fans here aren't homers.

  12. #12
    I'd take either pitcher for my rotation. Maine has more ability to strike you out and Wang really doesn't care if you put it in play. Why can't they both just be good pitchers? How cares who is better? Met fans prefer Maine and Yankee fans prefer Wang and this is OK. And the result of Sunday means absolutely nothing when comparing them.

  13. #13
    All comparisons aside, this is the best matchup of the series and it should be a good game. I'm looking forward to it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The Mets areincapable of winning 3/4 against the worst team in baseball. Dont see how we are getting a sweep.

    i was kidding......

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Actually he's the starting center fielder for the Yankees and you're an idiot.

    And please tell me, how much more upside does a 27 year old pitcher have? John Maine isn't a 23 year old prospect.
    LOL....I surely hope you aren't saying you would prefer having Melky Cabrera as your CF to John Maine as part of your rotation. Please tell me that you are not that much of a homer.

    Gotta laugh at the Melky-Beltran comparison as well by your co-pilot of homer airlines.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    LOL....I surely hope you aren't saying you would prefer having Melky Cabrera as your CF to John Maine as part of your rotation. Please tell me that you are not that much of a homer.

    Gotta laugh at the Melky-Beltran comparison as well by your co-pilot of homer airlines.
    And this thread has reached the apex of stupidity. Congratulations.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Melky .263 6 HR .324 OBP .436 SLG 23 years old $460,000
    Beltran .241 3 HR .366 OBP .429 SLG 31 years old $18.6 Million

    Keep talkin about Melky.
    Please! Melky won't even come close to Beltrans HR total in his career. Also, how many Gold Gloves does Melky have?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Melky .263 6 HR .324 OBP .436 SLG 23 years old $460,000
    Beltran .241 3 HR .366 OBP .429 SLG 31 years old $18.6 Million

    Keep talkin about Melky.
    And the Marlins and Rays are in first place.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmiggsey View Post
    Please! Melky won't even come close to Beltrans HR total in his career. Also, how many Gold Gloves does Melky have?
    LOL.

    I'll explain this real slow, so you retards might be able to catch on, at least a little.

    1) The exercize in posting Melky's numbers to Beltran's is meant to mimic the equally ridiculous manner in which Maine's were posted against Wang's. No one has ever claimed Melky is better than Beltran.

    2) The 2nd point of that is to exhibit that you shouldn't claim that someone is a 4th outfielder when to this point in the season, he has better numbers than your "superstar".

    3) Gold Gloves? Really? Are we really going there again? Keep banking on those. It shows how much you know about this game. And if you're going to disparage Melky, defense is not the place you want to try and do it.

    4) Sean never compared Maine to Melky. It didn't happen. He was pointing out to some dummy how backwards his statements are in two completely separate arguments.

    5) Plain and simple. Wang >>> Maine.

    6) This thread is beyond stupid.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    LOL.

    I'll explain this real slow, so you retards might be able to catch on, at least a little.

    1) The exercize in posting Melky's numbers to Beltran's is meant to mimic the equally ridiculous manner in which Maine's were posted against Wang's. No one has ever claimed Melky is better than Beltran.

    2) The 2nd point of that is to exhibit that you shouldn't claim that someone is a 4th outfielder when to this point in the season, he has better numbers than your "superstar".

    3) Gold Gloves? Really? Are we really going there again? Keep banking on those. It shows how much you know about this game. And if you're going to disparage Melky, defense is not the place you want to try and do it.

    4) Sean never compared Maine to Melky. It didn't happen. He was pointing out to some dummy how backwards his statements are in two completely separate arguments.

    5) Plain and simple. Wang >>> Maine.

    6) This thread is beyond stupid.
    7) F*ck Yeah!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us