View Poll Results: What should the Mets do?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire Randolph

    14 73.68%
  • Fire Omar

    1 5.26%
  • Sign Barry Bonds

    2 10.53%
  • They are fine, just wait it out things will get better.

    2 10.53%
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: wow the mets suck!

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    971

    wow the mets suck!

    lose 3 out of 4 to the nationals...are you kidding me?

    what do the mets need to help turn around this season because as of right now i just dont see it...any ideas?

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    A manager.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    A manager.
    +1 .500 team since June 1st 2007. I like Willie but he is not the guy.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen03 View Post
    lose 3 out of 4 to the nationals...are you kidding me?

    what do the mets need to help turn around this season because as of right now i just dont see it...any ideas?
    A real cleanup hitter
    A real first baseman
    A good manager
    Alou to not sit every day game after a night game
    Pedro and El Duque to pitch more than 3.1 innings combined
    Reyes needs realize he is an all-star
    Heilman needs to never pitch in a game that is close
    Perez needs to not be a crap-shoot

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,874
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    A real cleanup hitter
    A real first baseman
    A good manager
    Alou to not sit every day game after a night game
    Pedro and El Duque to pitch more than 3.1 innings combined
    Reyes needs realize he is an all-star
    Heilman needs to never pitch in a game that is close
    Perez needs to not be a crap-shoot
    So your saying we can turn it around right?

  6. #6
    Two of the games they were just on the losing end of well pitched games by both teams. Took a great diving catch to beat us today.

    We'll be fine IMO especially if we get starts like the past two out of our #4 and #5 starters.

  7. #7
    It would be nice if this team could

    A) hold a lead

    B) Find a way not to waste good pitching performances

    C) Hit with RISP/clutch situations

    D) Either get Willie Bullpen mangement classes or get someone who can do it competantly.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    So your saying we can turn it around right?
    lol, that is a great response

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    It would be nice if this team could

    A) hold a lead

    B) Find a way not to waste good pitching performances

    C) Hit with RISP/clutch situations

    D) Either get Willie Bullpen mangement classes or get someone who can do it competantly.
    Yeah Sanchez's lost velocity and Heilman's complete demise is cause for some concern. I still think the line-up will go on a tear ala 2006 and we will run off 10 in a row somewhere along the way.

  10. #10
    We need? To hit.

    Everyone except Church and Schneider has been slumping.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yeah Sanchez's lost velocity and Heilman's complete demise is cause for some concern. I still think the line-up will go on a tear ala 2006 and we will run off 10 in a row somewhere along the way.
    Sanchez was throwing 89-91 until his last time out when he was sitting at 86-88. He won't throw that 93-95 he did before but he's more then serviceable.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Sanchez was throwing 89-91 until his last time out when he was sitting at 86-88. He won't throw that 93-95 he did before but he's more then serviceable.

    I agree he's servicable but 93-95 makes his secondary pitches so much better. Heilman has to be a mental thing I would think.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    971
    the players just dont seem to be playing for this manager or this city...i dont know what it is but thinks need to get mixed up a bit...i like willie also but he lost this team last year...really frustrating right now

    a sweep of the yankees would make me feel a lot better

  14. #14
    we need a real thumper to hit clean-up. it used to be delgado, well at least for one year. but it's clear that he's not the guy anymore. beltran is more of 3 hitter. delgado needs to go. he strikes out or grounds out way too often. our bullpen is a mess. and of course, willie just isn't the guy, but i've been saying that for a while. we need someone who will kick a little a*s. one more thing.....reyes needs to step up his game. if this is what he is, then he's been terribly overrated.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    We really need Teixera. He would fill 2 holes nicely. A 1st baseman, cleanup hitter.

  16. #16
    Well, Delgado seems to be back in Wasting Salary mode.

    I don't care what people say, our bench sucks. Marlon Anderson was always a mediocre baseball player, problem is he's playing as such now. Same with Chavez, other then Defense he really offers us nothing. Easley's good situationally, but is constantly used in spots he shouldn't be (ie: Against any RHP). Really, the only bench players I like are Castro and Pagan (And Easley when used correctly).

    Reyes and Beltran need to be reminded that they're stars and need to be playing as such.

    Our bullpen is ass backwards right now.....Heilman and Sanchez are being used in all key situations when Heilman has struggled all year and Sanchez has struggled the last 2 weeks. They should probably be playing the hot hands, go with Smith, Schoeneweis, Feliciano, Wise more until the other 2 get their acts togeather.

    Perez needs to step it up and be that 3 in our rotation.

    I don't want to say to Fire Willie, because I don't think he's to blame for much of this, but this team badly needs a wake-up call and perhaps a change of voice would do them some good. I for one would like to see HoJo manage.

    Anyways, that's enough of a rant for now.

  17. #17
    As an outsider I think that firing Willie is a good move to make, but the problems are much deeper than just Willie. Of course, that doesn't mean you don't fix a smaller problem if you can.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,679
    Firing Willie is the first step. I'd DFA Delgado by the end of June if he hasn't started to hit.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    We really need Teixera. He would fill 2 holes nicely. A 1st baseman, cleanup hitter.

    it's gonna be tough. the yankees will likely be bidding for him as well. if we get him it's gonna cost a fortune

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us