Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bronx vs Queens Subway Series Thread

The Bronx vs Queens Subway Series Thread

New Yorks Mets vs New York Yankees

Pitching Matchups

Friday: LHP Johan Santana vs. RHP Darrell Rasner 7:05

Saturday: Oliver Perez vs. Andy Pettitte 1:05

Sunday: RHP John Maine vs.Chien-Ming Wang 8:05

Will they even get the game in tonight? This rain is supposed to last all night long.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    Will they even get the game in tonight? This rain is supposed to last all night long.
    Good point, I wonder how that would effect tomorrow's game, the one I am going to.

Hall Of Fame
    Me and my buddy are thinkin about getting tickets tonight, but this rain is killing me.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm actually hoping for a rainout, for three reasons:

1) Both teams playing horrible ball right now. Would much rather play later in the season when both teams are certain to be playing better

2) Would love another one of those Yankee-Shea day/night doubleheaders like a few years back. That was fun (probably for everyone but Mike Mussina)

3) Have to go out to dinner tonight with the gf

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Good point, I wonder how that would effect tomorrow's game, the one I am going to.
    Maybe you'd get to see Santana instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Maybe you'd get to see Santana instead?
    **** that, I want to see the Yankees actually win.

Mets will get swept. Santana gets shelled, Maine can't get out of the 3rd.

I have a bad feeling about this weekend. We've been playing so crappy lately, my god... NY Baseball SUCKS right now to the 10th degree or at least Mets baseball does.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Mets will get swept. Santana gets shelled, Maine can't get out of the 3rd.

I have a bad feeling about this weekend. We've been playing so crappy lately, my god... NY Baseball SUCKS right now to the 10th degree or at least Mets baseball does.
    The Yankees are nothign to write home about but it's still only may. Seems like most of the league is hovering around 500.

The Mets should win 2 of 3.....definately tonight (Although Rasner has pitched well, but cmon, it's Johan Santana vs Darrell Rasner), and then one of the other 2 matchups which could go either way.

Granted, with the way the Mets have been playing....you never know. They've been so damn Jeckyl and Hyde where they could dominate the Yankees or they could lose all 3.

Jets Insider VIP
    So, when are they going to call this game? Might as well just do it now, and save everyone the hassle of driving out to the Stadium for nothing...

unless the plan is to sell you a bunch of hotdogs and beers for 2 hours, and then call it

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    So, when are they going to call this game? Might as well just do it now, and save everyone the hassle of driving out to the Stadium for nothing...

unless the plan is to sell you a bunch of hotdogs and beers for 2 hours, and then call it
    Thats always the plan

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post

Supposed to rain all day tomorrow too.

Willie was totally pissed off during most of his interview on WFAN today, I like it. About time he shows some fire.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Willie was totally pissed off during most of his interview on WFAN today, I like it. About time he shows some fire.
    What did he say? Was he mad at Wagner like the was last time?
    Last edited by ChadLover; 05-16-2008 at 04:48 PM.

What did he say? Was he mad at Wagner like the was last time?
    He was all over the place, ranting and raving. Just had alot of attitude and fire in his voice, was talking really fast, ect.

He said he talked to both Wagner and Delgado, wasn't happy with Wagner airing his problems publicily and he should confront Delgado about it personally next time. Also went on for a while about how when Delgado makes a key play in the game, good or bad, he usually sits by his locker for the media, and when he doesn't he goes and works out, gets something to eat, but he's still available.

http://www.wfan.com/topic/play_windo...udioId=2233584
    Last edited by Ven0m; 05-16-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Supposed to rain all day tomorrow too.
    Not true.

Im going fishing tomorrow so ive been watching the weather like a hawk. possible shower later in the day, but they had that at 30%.

Should be a nice one tomorrow.

Eh.... That's very overrated IMO. He was just a little riled up because The Angry Puppy was an ******* today.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Eh.... That's very overrated IMO. He was just a little riled up because The Angry Puppy was an ******* today.
    I know it's overrated, but it's still a little refreshing to see Randolph get angry when his back is pretty much up against the wall. It's much better then "The Champagne will taste much sweeter"

I know it's overrated, but it's still a little refreshing to see Randolph get angry when his back is pretty much up against the wall. It's much better then "The Champagne will taste much sweeter"
    I hope you don't mind that I stole your sig but yeah those champagne comments sucked last year.