Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure, Willie- your critics are racists...

Sure, Willie- your critics are racists...

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Ra...troversy_.html

Why the hell they didn't fire this guy after last year's collapse is beyond me...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Ra...troversy_.html

Why the hell they didn't fire this guy after last year's collapse is beyond me...
    Totally agree.
    He's a joke.

Being fair, he claims those comments were tongue-in-cheek, meaning he wasn't serious when he said that.....and I wouldn't put it past the overzealous NY media to put a spin on it like that.

Still, an awfully stupid comment as you had to know they would spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Being fair, he claims those comments were tongue-in-cheek, meaning he wasn't serious when he said that.....and I wouldn't put it past the overzealous NY media to put a spin on it like that.

bull****...if he said it even as a joke he is atleast considering it to b true.....im so goddam sick of the race card...that should be the furthest from his mind

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I heard the writer on WFAN last night. Willie meant it. Guess he never heard of Art Howe. He was a nice guy too, but he wasn't black.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post

agreed....but you do always want to stay away from the pathetic racial comments.
    I do think the NY media was just licking their chops when they heard that though.
    Just start winning games Willie!

All Pro
    I am not black so it is very difficult for me to know or imagine the challenges and discrimination that black people face and I am sure there are plenty of rascists in the world today but there is absolutely no way Willie is getting bad publicity because he is black.

Fans could care less what you look like as long as you win. The media could care less what you look like and just want material for a story whether it is good or bad, they want to sell papers and get people to listen to their shows. How does Willie explain the immense popularity of Derek Jeter who is treated like a God in New York by fans and media alike. Jeter is a winner and handles himself with class and that is all there is to it.

I think he is falling back on race because he is unwilling to see his own shortcomings. It is much easier to blame others than admit you have failed at something.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    I am not black so it is very difficult for me to know or imagine the challenges and discrimination that black people face and I am sure there are plenty of rascists in the world today but there is absolutely no way Willie is getting bad publicity because he is black.

Fans could care less what you look like as long as you win. The media could care less what you look like and just want material for a story whether it is good or bad, they want to sell papers and get people to listen to their shows. How does Willie explain the immense popularity of Derek Jeter who is treated like a God in New York by fans and media alike. Jeter is a winner and handles himself with class and that is all there is to it.

I think he is falling back on race because he is unwilling to see his own shortcomings. It is much easier to blame others than admit you have failed at something.

All Pro
    His other example of black coaches are horrible.

Herm Edwards didnt get a hard time at all from the media. They loved him.....until he lied about KC.

Of course Isiah got destroyed by the media. He put a overpriced team of **** on the floor every night, never took the blame, set the team back 5 years, and was accused of sexual harrassment.

If he wins, no ones is going to bother questioning him like in 06.

Practice Squad
    Bottomline is Turd Randolph sucks as a Manager. He could be white, yellow or green, he still can't motivate this team to play.

All League
    bring in BOBBBBBBBBYYY V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Fire this turd, I'm sick of the excuses. No one cares what color you are, just ****ing have the team play like its supposed to.

All Pro
    Also, how about his comments that SNY is portraying him in a way that is unfair and the camera only pans to him when things go wrong? Hey Willie, instead of watching replays of the game, try spending some time attempting to motivate your players! Do you have that much time on your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Also, how about his comments that SNY is portraying him in a way that is unfair and the camera only pans to him when things go wrong? Hey Willie, instead of watching replays of the game, try spending some time attempting to motivate your players! Do you have that much time on your hands?

I didn't watch the game in it's entirety last night but I caught a moment during the 6th inning I think that was very telling to me. The Mets were down 4-0 (by no means a blow out) and Keith and Burkhardt were in the very top row of the upper deck during the broadcast basically just joking around with Ron and Gary who were in the booth. I'm not sure if this was planned from the start. But if it wasn't, and SNY decided to send Keith up there at that point in the game, it says alot about just what type of chance the Mets were perceived to have to win the game. That's the type of stuff that could be done during games that are basically over, not 4-0 games. I saw it for a few seconds and changed the channel thinking it was a great sign of just how low the team has sunk.

Willie is quite possibly the worst manager I have ever witnessed.

He needs to be fired immediately.

I wish we could get Clint Hurdle. I had a chance to hang out with him in Port St. Lucie years ago. This guy is smart and knows the game in and out.

Good to see everyone in basic agreement- he has to be fired, & from what I've read & heard, the Wilpons will have him on a very short leash...

Not freaking on the umps & getting himself thrown out of Sun night's game after the blown HR call should've been the last straw. His bench coach getting thrown out only made Willie look worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    And here i was moaning about him for over a year due to his in-game decisions. Now throw in the excuse train, and its just enough. He acts like we the fans owe him something. Willie, wake up, you were given the resources and have failed every year you have been here. Its not us, its you.

G.et
    R.id
    O.f
    W.illie

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    And here i was moaning about him for over a year due to his in-game decisions. Now throw in the excuse train, and its just enough. He acts like we the fans owe him something. Willie, wake up, you were given the resources and have failed every year you have been here. Its not us, its you.

G.et
    R.id
    O.f
    W.illie
    NOW!

Jets Insider VIP
    I've posted this in the past and still whole-heartedly believe it. And now he makes a comment that we should be grateful to him because he "saved Mets baseball," and that Mets fans were "in hiding before him." Pleeeeaaase Willie get over yourself!

The Mets have provided you Pedro Martinez, Carlos Beltran, Billy Wagner, a good Carlos Delgado at the time, young studs in Wright and Reyes, Johan Santana this past season, and the overall 3rd highest payroll in all of baseball. You have the best pitcher in baseball, a top 5 CF, a top 3 3B, and top 5 closer, and a top 5 SS and what have you really won? Almost a NL pennant followed up by the worst collapse in sports history and a rocky beginning to the new season? Now you want to get on the fans as if they owe you something? You owe us and the Wilpons something! A return on our investement!

Anyway, here is my feelings on Willie that I've posted in the past:

Willie does nothing for the Mets. Most great (or even very good) managers do everything well, but have one redeeming quality that they do great.

Some manage the pitching staff and bullpen great, Willie doesn't.

Some are fiery leaders who instill passion into their players, Willie doesn't.

Some are disciplinarians who instill fear into their players making them accountable and keeping them fundamentally sound in an effort to not endure their coaches wrath, Willie doesn't.

Some just always seem to make the right call at the right time, ie; who to pinch hit, when to bunt, when to steal, when to pull the infield in or play for the double play, Willie doesn't.

Willie is just there. He brings no redeeming quality to the team at all. What one thing does Willie do great? And, if you can't answer that, what one thing (or few things) does he do really good? I swear. He is just .... .... there.

Great post...kinda says it all...