Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: OT: There's a stink coming from the Bronx

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    OT: There's a stink coming from the Bronx

    As a lifetime Yankee fan I have to say that the stink coming from the Bronx is enough to cause one to lose their lunch, dinner and breakfast. I have never seen such a decline in a team so quickly. The players look like they are just going through the motions and the mental mistakes clearly show that this teams thoughts are focused elsewhere. These guys should give back their paychecks they certainly have not earned them. In the meantime Boston rookies are pitching gems......hey maybe they're stealing the signs !?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,170
    Post Thanks / Like
    The baseball forum is pretty active.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, yeah go to the baseball forum. Its where we all cry about NY Baseball.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    As a lifetime Yankee fan I have to say that the stink coming from the Bronx is enough to cause one to lose their lunch, dinner and breakfast. I have never seen such a decline in a team so quickly. The players look like they are just going through the motions and the mental mistakes clearly show that this teams thoughts are focused elsewhere. These guys should give back their paychecks they certainly have not earned them. In the meantime Boston rookies are pitching gems......hey maybe they're stealing the signs !?
    As much as I hate the Yankees*....its early.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    As much as I hate the Yankees*....its early.
    I thought you never "hate". Come on man, it's just sports

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    As a lifetime Yankee fan I have to say that the stink coming from the Bronx is enough to cause one to lose their lunch, dinner and breakfast. I have never seen such a decline in a team so quickly. The players look like they are just going through the motions and the mental mistakes clearly show that this teams thoughts are focused elsewhere. These guys should give back their paychecks they certainly have not earned them. In the meantime Boston rookies are pitching gems......hey maybe they're stealing the signs !?
    Really? You must not have been a fan in the mid-late 1980s and 1990s. Not to mention the 1965-1975 yankees. Get used to it. This is the start of another down cycle. Hopefully the Yanks learned something from 1995-2001 and they hold on to their youth instead of pulling knee-jerk Steinrenner moves like trading Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps or Doug Drabek for Rick Rhoden and Cecelio Guante

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I thought you never "hate". Come on man, it's just sports
    I said I don't hate other fans dimwit.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I said I don't hate other fans dimwit.
    What is it you hate then? The uniforms?

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I dislike the Yanks, it's more fun rooting against them when they're the "evil empire"...now they're just bad. I hope for their sake that Hank doesn't doom the franchise for the next 10 yrs. He truly is a horses a$$...

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Top 5 guys who need to be traded, released or not signed next year:

    1. Johnny Damon - Likable guy, good career, nothing left in tank.
    2. Jason Giambi - All he does is get on base 4 out of 10 times. Good if you have decent speed. Other than that, a liability at first.
    3. Kyle Farnesworth - Have you ever seen such little value for a pitcher?
    4. Carl Pavano/Kei Igawa - Oh wait, we have seen such little value for a pitcher.
    5. Bobby Abreu - Patient hitter, works the count but is a feast or famine player. Can't catch anything near a wall.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all of those except Bobby. I could go either way with him, I wouldn't be too upset to see him go.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I agree with all of those except Bobby. I could go either way with him, I wouldn't be too upset to see him go.
    Getting rid of Abreu right now makes no sense. Who takes his place?

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why I would ultimately say no. Unless you could find someone to replace him. Tabata and Jackson need to get there work in. Bring up Gardner.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Thats why I would ultimately say no. Unless you could find someone to replace him. Tabata and Jackson need to get there work in. Bring up Gardner.
    You can't have an outfield of Gardner, Cabrera and Damon. You need better production from your outfield than that.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't the one that dismissed Bobby. The post before mine did. I said I'd rather keep him cause we wouldn't have anyone better. But I do think Johnny is out of here when his contract is up. Thats where I think Gardner will fit in.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    I wasn't the one that dismissed Bobby. The post before mine did. I said I'd rather keep him cause we wouldn't have anyone better. But I do think Johnny is out of here when his contract is up. Thats where I think Gardner will fit in.
    I know, it was just easier to reply to your post. I'm extremely lazy, you see.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island/Tampa
    Posts
    3,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    I know, it was just easier to reply to your post. I'm extremely lazy, you see.
    Thats what I figured but you kept comin at me...

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,308
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Thats what I figured but you kept comin at me...
    it's always about you, isn't it?

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Top 5 guys who need to be traded, released or not signed next year:

    1. Johnny Damon - Likable guy, good career, nothing left in tank.
    2. Jason Giambi - All he does is get on base 4 out of 10 times. Good if you have decent speed. Other than that, a liability at first.
    3. Kyle Farnesworth - Have you ever seen such little value for a pitcher?
    4. Carl Pavano/Kei Igawa - Oh wait, we have seen such little value for a pitcher.
    5. Bobby Abreu - Patient hitter, works the count but is a feast or famine player. Can't catch anything near a wall.
    Damon looks like he stopped for a fill-up at Sunocco.

    Giambi is hitting like he has a fire lit under his backside.

    Farnesworth is still worthless.

    Abreu is in a famine right now. He'll feast again before we know it.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    What is it you hate then? The uniforms?
    As a matter of fact...yes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us