Thread: Perfect time to show some fire?

Perfect time to show some fire?

I'm not going to read into this too much, not even sure it needed its own thread, but was that the perfect time for Girardi to fire up the crowd and even the team.

Orioles pitcher Johnson had a perfect rhythm going, striking out the last 2 batters, in dominant fasion.

Running out the dugout arguing, kicking around a hat, and showing some fire might have rattled Johnson - walking Abreu on 4 pitches, than the game winning hit from Cano.

I could be reading to much into this, but the Orioles pitcher wasn't throwing strikes after Girardi was tossed. So who knows.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-22-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'm not going to read into this too much, not even sure it needed its own thread, but was that the perfect time for Girardi to fire up the crowd and even the team.

Orioles pitcher Johnson had a perfect rhythm going, striking out the last 2 batters, in dominant fasion.

Running out the dugout arguing, kicking around a hat, and showing some fire might have rattled Johnson - walking Abreu on 4 pitches, than the game winning hit from Cano.

I could be reading to much into this, but the Orioles pitcher wasn't throwing strikes, after Girardi was tossed. So who knows.
    I think Johnson was shocked when Girardi took his hat off and exposed how grey his hair has gotten.

I know I was.

All League
    The guy in Queens should watch that tape and maybe learn a little from it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Just got back from the game and WOW. What a snoozer up until the 9th. The guy was at 80-something pitches in the 8th. The Yanks were going down every inning, and going down fast.

When I saw Girardi coming out of the dugout, I immediately thought "Ooo Joe, get kicked out. Do what Torre never would" It was apparent right off the bat he intended to. It got a sleepy crowd fired up. Haven't seen that too much yet this season.

Nice job by Joe. Infuse a little life. Looked like it worked. Now keep it going...

Quote Originally Posted by BLEED JET GREEN View Post
    turning point?
    I hope so, but I do believe that you are only as hot as your next days starting pitcher, and tomorrow we are facing Bedard. Hopefully Pettitte continues what he did last outing, with some better results.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Just got back from the game and WOW. What a snoozer up until the 9th. The guy was at 80-something pitches in the 8th. The Yanks were going down every inning, and going down fast.

When I saw Girardi coming out of the dugout, I immediately thought "Ooo Joe, get kicked out. Do what Torre never would" It was apparent right off the bat he intended to. It got a sleepy crowd fired up. Haven't seen that too much yet this season.

Nice job by Joe. Infuse a little life. Looked like it worked. Now keep it going...
    Sometimes, you need to show your players that you care. Torre didn't have to do it as much, because he had O'Neil and Cone, Girardi doesn't have those type of guys (Jeter is a lead by example type). Wake the players up, show some heart.

Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post

It was definitely a boring atmosphere until the 9th. I couldn't even see the catch at the wall in the 1st from my seats When Girardi got tossed, the stadium was absolutely rocking. First walk off hit I've ever witnessed live

I didn't see the game tonight, but the video of Girardi's blow-up is on mlb.com. Absolutely fantastic, as far I'm concerned. That's exactly the kind of fire this team needs right now. Good work, Joe.

Good job by Joe tonight. Like JWF said, Bedard could very well shut us down tomorrow and end this mini streak, but that could be exactly what this team needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Good job by Joe tonight. Like JWF said, Bedard could very well shut us down tomorrow and end this mini streak, but that could be exactly what this team needed.
    Seattle is a dead team right now and I think the Yanks will sweep the series.

All League
    It was as transparent as the day is long but it DEFINITELY did what it was intended to do. Kudos to Joe G.