Thread: 2 Interesting Mets Tidbits from Daily News

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

2 Interesting Mets Tidbits from Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba..._willie_r.html

ATLANTA - Willie Randolph's job wasn't considered in imminent danger Thursday afternoon, but the manager will be in trouble if the Mets don't salvage the remainder of their seven-game trip that continues tonight in Colorado, the Daily News has learned.

Thursday night's 4-2 loss to the Braves, which capped a four-game sweep that dropped the Mets below .500 for the first time since April 9, only further imperiled Randolph. Fred Wilpon, the team's principal owner, and chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon will handle the decision about whether to change skippers - not GM Omar Minaya, according to sources.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part of me wants him to get axed before getting back to Queens, but then part of me wants him to make it back just so he can get boo'd the hell out of the building.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Part of me wants him to get axed before getting back to Queens, but then part of me wants him to make it back just so he can get boo'd the hell out of the building.
    Willie is just plain terrible, people wanna say he doesnt go out there and hit or what not, but you gotta wonder if these players even respect him.

Also whats his beef with playin young guys. Alou is out Pagan should be startin until he proves otherwise

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Willie is just plain terrible, people wanna say he doesnt go out there and hit or what not, but you gotta wonder if these players even respect him.

Also whats his beef with playin young guys. Alou is out Pagan should be startin until he proves otherwise
    Pagan is still on the DL from the Shoulder Injury.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Pagan is still out, and for what it's worth he's nothing special. He had a nice couple of weeks but other than that I wouldn't expect much out of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Pagan is still out, and for what it's worth he's nothing special. He had a nice couple of weeks but other than that I wouldn't expect much out of him.
    i forgot he is on the dl..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all starts with Reyes. He doesn't respect Willie at all. This is why Willie had to fly to the DR during the winter. Reyes needs to grow up, but as long as Willie is there he always going to be hesitant to just be him. He's got too many people trying to tell him what to do. Valentin is gone, Rickey Henderson and Luis Castillo, I think, were both bad influences on him. Reyes needs a hard nosed, brash person to coach him. I have one former 86 Met in mind.