Thread: Josh Hamilton

Jets Insider VIP

Josh Hamilton

What's the story with the reason Cincinnati let him go after last year? He did well in the limited time last year, and there was all that buzz. And now look at what he's doing in Texas. Right now, he's got Triple Crown numbers...

Best CF in baseball right now?

Veteran

How do you think I feel?

My Cubs let him go in the rule 5 draft. His only knock was that he had history of cocaine usage. Cincy had/has a logjam in the outfield.

I'm sure Cinci loves Edison Volquez. One of the few trades that has been excellent for both teams so far.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyjetsfan View Post
    My Cubs let him go in the rule 5 draft. His only knock was that he had history of cocaine usage. Cincy had/has a logjam in the outfield.
    so say that he had a "history" of cocaine usage is an understatement, as the guy was a complete addict who looked more likely to wind up dead or in jail than playing ball again...

but regardless of whether or not he's the best CF in baseball, he is one of the best comeback stories ever in all of sports...good for him...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Imagine if the Rays held on to him?

What a stud he is right now. Glad he got his sh*t together.

And yes, he is the best CF in baseball.

Former No. 1 overall pick in the amatuer draft I believe. Rays would be scary with this guy, Upton, and Crawford in the outfield. Rays are getting to be scary even without Hamilton.

All Pro
    Volquez is nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Volquez is nasty
    He is. One of the great baseball trades of all time when it comes to both teams getting a flat out stud on their end. Good old fashioned baseball trade.

Hamilton's a little shaky defensively with the glove but has a Markakis like arm.

Was picked over Beckett in the draft, what a talent, though if I was Texas I'd probably still want Volquez back, it's a tough call. Supposedly his wife and family are helping him keep his life in order. Great story.

Hall Of Fame
    I saw an interview with Hamilton the other day. There is no way he is going back to drugs. Couldn't stop talking about God and his family and his kids and he seemed like the nicest guy in the world.

I am especially rooting for him because he is on my fantasy team. If only he was a Yankee...

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Volquez is nasty
    He is, but Hamilton is playing like a HOFer right now. If he can keep this up for a number of years, it's a great trade by Texas (as I don't think Volquez will continue to be as good as he has been).