Thread: Perez can kiss the big bucks goodbye

Perez can kiss the big bucks goodbye

You would have to be nuts to take a chance on this guy. You simple do know what he is going to do. He's a head case.

Trust me, some team will give him a 4 years deal. I just hope it's not the Mets and it will be an AL team.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Trust me, some team will give him a 4 years deal. I just hope it's not the Mets and it will be an AL team.
    What did the Mets offer him last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    What did the Mets offer him last year?
    Like $1.5M less than he got. My guess is the Mets will offer him arbitration and hope he's a Group A FA.

My guess is that you're right that they'll look elsewheres for a more reliable option and take the draft picks. I for one like Garland, although he's a righty.

But Perez is incredibly talented so I wouldn't be too opposed to keeping him, as long as you extend Rick Peterson the same length as Perez's new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    My guess is that you're right that they'll look elsewheres for a more reliable option and take the draft picks. I for one like Garland, although he's a righty.

But Perez is incredibly talented so I wouldn't be too opposed to keeping him, as long as you extend Rick Peterson the same length as Perez's new contract.
    I've never liked Garland although he's proven me wrong for a little while now. His K/9 is always under 5 and this year it's a shockingly low 1.96. Whoever signs this guy is going to be making a big mistake IMo.

Would you give Perez a 4 year contract at $11M per?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Would you give Perez a 4 year contract at $11M per?
    Good point about Garland's K rate, didn't realize it had dropped so low.

As for Perez, I would do that. That's essentially taking the gamble that he'll be better then an Carlos Silva, Jeff Suppan, Ted Lilly over the next 4 years and I could easily see that. What I wouldn't do is overpay for Perez, I wouldn't give him 5/75 if that's what Boras is going to try and demand (Granted, that might be a little high, even for Boras, but it's an example).