Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 186

Thread: Yankees vs Orioles @ Camden Yards

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yankees vs Orioles @ Camden Yards

    New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles


    ..............



    Pitching Matchups:

    Today: Darrell Rasner vs. Garrett Olson 1:35 PM

    Tomorrow: Ian Kennedy vs. Brian Burres 7:05 PM

    Wednesday: Andy Pettitte vs. Jeremy Guthrie 7:05 PM

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis,Ind
    Posts
    1,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Rasner give 6+ good endings

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron Small--Shawn Chacon--Darrell Rasner.

    To paraphrase John Sterling "This is why you can never figure out baseball."

    Did anyone think or predict that Darrell Rasner would be one of the reasons why this team is still a factor after such a poor start?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Aaron Small--Shawn Chacon--Darrell Rasner.

    To paraphrase John Sterling "This is why you can never figure out baseball."

    Did anyone think or predict that Darrell Rasner would be one of the reasons why this team is still a factor after such a poor start?
    I don't think you can put Rasner is the same category as those guys, he was never giving an extended opportunity show what he can do.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    Aaron Small--Shawn Chacon--Darrell Rasner.

    To paraphrase John Sterling "This is why you can never figure out baseball."

    Did anyone think or predict that Darrell Rasner would be one of the reasons why this team is still a factor after such a poor start?
    Not really.

    And also on your point about Rasner and Chacon/Small. Rasner dominated the minors this year, and it has translated to the major league level. He's not that old either, 27 I think. Chacon and Small all of a sudden had one gem of a season with the the yankees after being journeyman pitchers. Anyways, I think he will hopefully be a solid 4 or 5 starter for the future. Kennedy pitched well last time out so I'm hoping in 2 years our rotation will look like

    1.Chamberlin
    2. Wang
    3. Hughes
    4/5 Kennedy/Rasner

    He's not doing too bad today, we need to get those bats going and get him some runs!

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't think you can put Rasner is the same category as those guys, he was never giving an extended opportunity show what he can do.
    I put him in the category of "nobody could have predicted that he would have an impact on the 2008 season."

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious89x View Post
    Not really.

    And also on your point about Rasner and Chacon/Small. Rasner dominated the minors this year, and it has translated to the major league level. He's not that old either, 27 I think. Chacon and Small all of a sudden had one gem of a season with the the yankees after being journeyman pitchers. Anyways, I think he will hopefully be a solid 4 or 5 starter for the future. Kennedy pitched well last time out so I'm hoping in 2 years our rotation will look like

    1.Chamberlin
    2. Wang
    3. Hughes
    4/5 Kennedy/Rasner

    He's not doing too bad today, we need to get those bats going and get him some runs!

    In 2 years I hope the rotation is

    Chamberlain
    Hughes
    Wang
    Brackman
    Kennedy

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another nice outing for Rasner but the pen implodes. The bats look awful again today.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    With every loss there always is a positive and that positive from todays game is Darrell Rasner...Its become pretty apparent Rasner is no Aaron Small...

    This guy is for real...His stuff is not lights out but very effective and he shows tremendous poise on the mound...He is also doing something Kennedy and Hughes weren't and thats trusting his stuff...Too bad the bats couldn't do anything today, the kid deserved a win with the way he pitched...

    Hopefully Kennedy can have a nice outing tomorrow...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    With every loss there always is a positive and that positive from todays game is Darrell Rasner...Its become pretty apparent Rasner is no Aaron Small...

    This guy is for real...His stuff is not lights out but very effective and he shows tremendous poise on the mound...He is also doing something Kennedy and Hughes weren't and thats trusting his stuff...Too bad the bats couldn't do anything today, the kid deserved a win with the way he pitched...

    Hopefully Kennedy can have a nice outing tomorrow...

    Missed the game but Rasner's line looked excellent again.
    The Yankee line-up 6 through 9 is killing them BA wise which is tough to accept on a AL roster. Duncan needs to go back down to the minors where he belongs. Melky is hitting under .200 since May 2nd when Tyler pimped his 6th HR of the year and really does look like a 4th outfielder.

    Posada sounds like he's on the way back and the schedule looks incredibly soft for the next 6 or 7 weeks so it should mask any issues for the time being.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,489
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Missed the game but Rasner's line looked excellent again.
    The Yankee line-up 6 through 9 is killing them BA wise which is tough to accept on a AL roster. Duncan needs to go back down to the minors where he belongs. Melky is hitting under .200 since May 2nd when Tyler pimped his 6th HR of the year and really does look like a 4th outfielder.

    Posada sounds like he's on the way back and the schedule looks incredibly soft for the next 6 or 7 weeks so it should mask any issues for the time being.
    1. You are right about the lineup 7-9. The 6 hitter is Cano and he is hitting and will hit.

    2. Duncan could well be a AAAA player. Obviously I hope not but the jury is still out on him.

    3. Melky is slumping but given what he has done the past few years, and the fact that his hits have been big hits of late, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. My guess is he'll heat up soon enough.

    4. The biggest thing is the pitching staff is starting to do it's thing. Wang's been average at best lately, but nobody should be worried about him. Pettitte has thrown the ball well lately. Rasner has been arguably our best starter of late. Kennedy pitched pretty well last time, although I'm still concerned with him. And I think Moose, with Joba following him, is a fine combination.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile, the Yankees will get lefty tonight in Brian Burres. That will be 17 lefty starters in a span of 29 games.
    Ugh, I hate lefties!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Ugh, I hate lefties!
    Luckily Melky is a switch hitter and you also have Duncan.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Ugh, I hate lefties!
    Doesn't Burres own us?

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Luckily Melky is a switch hitter and you also have Duncan.
    Unfortunately Melky is batting .290 LH and .177 RH in 2008, and I don't believe Duncan is very good. Oh and Jeter is currently in a slump.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-27-2008 at 01:35 PM.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Unfortunately Melky is a .290 LH and .177 RH in 2008, and I don't believe Duncan is very good. Oh and Jeter is currently in a slump.

    Yeah Duncan unfortunately appears to have been just another member of the Yankee hype machine both FO and fan wise. Melky the great has hit under .200 in two of the last three months counting last September so not sure if the league has caught up with him or not.

    The schedule I think will allow the team to go on a run though.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yeah Duncan unfortunately appears to have been just another member of the Yankee hype machine both FO and fan wise. Melky the great has hit under .200 in two of the last three months counting last September so not sure if the league has caught up with him or not.

    The schedule I think will allow the team to go on a run though.
    Duncan was never highly touted, I never believed he was that good, GJ&H did, not me... he was after all a 27 year old in the minors., and Melky is currently slumping (He was never touted either) but Melky is more than a serviceable center fielder, weather you believe it or not.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-27-2008 at 01:42 PM.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burres shut us down last week, hopefully we can get him back like Olsen did yesterday after we knocked him around last week.

    Damon CF
    Jeter SS
    Abreu RF
    Rodriguez 3B
    Matsui LF
    Giambi DH
    Betemit 1B
    Cano 2B
    Molina C

    Kennedy RHP

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Duncan was never highly touted, I never believed he was that good, GJ&H did, not me... he was after all a 27 year old in the minors., and Melky is currently slumping (He was never touted either) but Melky is more than a serviceable center fielder, weather you believe it or not.
    Duncan excited yankee fans due to the fact he is that meathead typed of excitement to him and he was brought up during the robotic Joe Torre era. He's a decent backup. Melky's #'s continue to impress, I know he's in a slump but this year he seems to be generating more power, kinda similar to an old center fielder we used to have. Let's not forget how young Melky is either.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melky probably needs a day off, but not too happy to see Damon in center field with the kid on the mound, he should get all the help he needs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us