Thread: Ichiro is an odd ball

Ichiro is an odd ball

On Cleveland:

"To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying."
    On performance-enhancing drugs:

"When you take steroids, it's not as if wings grow out of your back, and you start flying all over the place and stealing home runs (from hitters). The word 'cheating' doesn't apply for me regarding steroids."
    On why he missed a foul ball:

"The ball became the same color as the sky. So, I wasn't able to see it I was sending mental signals for the ball not to come my way, because during that time of day it's impossible for me to see the ball so I lacked mental signals. I lacked in that area. Usually, I don't send mental signals. So, because this is the first time, I thought, please don't come my way."
    On injuring his knee:

"My knee is still my knee. My knee is not my butt.''

On Tiger Woods' athleticism:

"Tiger is a great golfer, but ... when you say athlete, I think of Carl Lewis. When you talk about (golfers or race-car drivers), I don't want to see them run. It's the same if you were to meet a beautiful girl and go bowling. If she's an ugly bowler, you are going to be disappointed."

On Facing Dice-K for the first time:

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul. I plan to face him with the zeal of a challenger"

Jets Insider VIP
    The Dice K and Cleveland quotes always crack me up.

Ichiro is the SuperNewb of Major League Baseball

That is how it translates from Japanese to English. It probably makes perfect sense to another Japanese person.

Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    That is how it translates from Japanese to English. It probably makes perfect sense to another Japanese person.
    I'll ask Matsu's wife.

Funny right?

Yes, Sean.. yes..

All League
    The foul ball comment was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'll ask Matsu's wife.

LOL

Those two nukes did more harm to the Japanese people then we will ever know.