Thread: What's up with Church

What's up with Church

What's his deal? I ask this because I have him on a few of my money teams. Is he going to end up on the DL? Doesn't seem like he is getting any better.

All League
    He's got Wayne Chrebet syndrome. Post concussion syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    What's his deal? I ask this because I have him on a few of my money teams. Is he going to end up on the DL? Doesn't seem like he is getting any better.
    I doubt it now. They screwed up with him. They should have had him drive from Atlanta back to NY (the airplane messed him up) and DL'ed him right away. He has been pinch hitting everyday so it isn't retroactive. Because they didn't DL him a week ago they kinda can't now. They don't really have anyone to call up anyway

All Pro
    Hes still getting dizzy recently, hes going to see the DL soon

All League
    The Mets do this at least once a year with a player who is injured, they screw around rather than being smart. Church probably should have gone on the DL as soon as he was diagnosed with a concussion. The last thing they should have done was put him on a plane when he was still suffering from dizziness and headaches.

The problem with head injuries is that there's only one way to really figure out the severity of it and that's from the player himself....and yet if you ask someone like Church he'd always say he's ready to go.

All Pro
    Yesterday during the game they said they tried to interview Church for a Memorial Day piece because his brother is in Iraq and he wasn't even up for talking, told the guy he would try later if he was feeling better.

Concussions are so dangerous, especially two in such a short time. He has been great for the Mets but it is not worth his health to try and make him play. They need to DL him.