View Poll Results: Which injury would hurt the most? If other, please post who.

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • D'Brick

    9 11.84%
  • Mangold

    10 13.16%
  • Faneca

    13 17.11%
  • Thomas Jones

    0 0%
  • Cotchery/ Coles

    2 2.63%
  • Jenkins

    16 21.05%
  • David Harris

    8 10.53%
  • Revis

    8 10.53%
  • Rhodes

    5 6.58%
  • Other

    5 6.58%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Last Jet you want to see have an injury?

  1. #1

    Last Jet you want to see have an injury?

    Simple Question: Which Jet would hurt the team the most with a week 1 season ending injury?

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Formerly RidgeJetsFan

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ridge, Long Island
    Posts
    2,258
    Easy answer: Vinny and his Achilles rupture in '99.

    Cost us a SB appearance IMO.

    - Justin

    EDIT: Sorry, I misread the thread. I thought it was asking for the last Jets injury that we've seen in Week 1 that killed our season, not a player that affects the '08 season.
    Last edited by JediJustin; 05-27-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Current players listed only.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,916
    It's got to be D'Brick or Revis. Toss up for me.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,916
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeJetsFan View Post
    Easy answer: Vinny and his Achilles rupture in '99.

    Cost us a SB appearance IMO.

    - Justin
    The use of a time machine is not allowed in this poll.


  5. #5
    Kellen Clemens because that means we get a full season of CPF.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Kellen Clemens because that means we get a full season of CPF.
    I can't say there is much of drop off in terms of performance... Clemens is a projection. Some other guys have no depth behind them and could totally ruin a season.

  7. #7
    Chad... because he'll be given the starting job next season too.

  8. #8
    Jenkins - Without the big plug in the middle our "D" doesn't work.

  9. #9
    d'brick, mangold or fancea because we have no depth

  10. #10
    Coles or Cotchery

    No receiver even close as number 3.

  11. #11
    Oh man, definitely, definitely Brick.

  12. #12
    PRIOR to week 4 of the regular season, CHAD PENNINGTON.

  13. #13
    Revis - an elite talent at a position where we have absolutely no depth to speak of. Jenkins is a close second, if only because I think Pouha could be adequate

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Kellen Clemens because that means we get a full season of CPF.
    LOL!!! So true.

    I voted Jenkins.

    IMO...he is the nucleus to this D. He is the most essential piece. We will go as far as he can take us.

    We dont know what we have in Pace and Gholston. The better Jenkins plays...the easier it will be on those 2. If they are the real deal and Jenkins is slipping a little bit...we wont be is serious trouble. But if Jenkins struggles (let alone get injured) our defense will suck.....hard.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Revis - an elite talent at a position where we have absolutely no depth to speak of. Jenkins is a close second, if only because I think Pouha could be adequate
    Revis is the easy answer. Look at the depth chart, really look at it, and then imagine for a second what happens if Brick goes down.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,842
    Brick

    Who the hell steps in if he goes down?

    Bender? Garner?

    Yikes

  17. #17
    Kris Jenkins. the guy is motivated, in shape and ready to go -- when that happens, he's the best DT in all of football. not exactly an easy guy to replace, and the success of our defense depends greatly on his ability to occupy multiple blockers at the LOS.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC via NY
    Posts
    8,823
    We are done if Musa gets hurt week 1.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Revis is the easy answer. Look at the depth chart, really look at it, and then imagine for a second what happens if Brick goes down.
    Thats a good point. I voted Jenkins.

    Then I read your post. I looked at the depth chart, like, I really looked at it.

    I saw some of the names...

    Shawn McMackin - Rookie
    Matt McChesney - 2yrs
    Wayne Hunter - 5yrs
    Nate Garner - Rookie
    Stanley Daniels - 1yr
    Jacob Bender - 1yr
    Will Montgomery - 3yr
    Clint Oldenburg - 1yr
    Robert Turner - 1yr

    I start to imagine...

    Brett Ratliff taking snaps from Nick Mangold.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JiF View Post
    Thats a good point. I voted Jenkins.

    Then I read your post. I looked at the depth chart, like, I really looked at it.

    I saw some of the names...

    Shawn McMackin - Rookie
    Matt McChesney - 2yrs
    Wayne Hunter - 5yrs
    Nate Garner - Rookie
    Stanley Daniels - 1yr
    Jacob Bender - 1yr
    Will Montgomery - 3yr
    Clint Oldenburg - 1yr
    Robert Turner - 1yr



    Brett Ratliff taking snaps from Nick Mangold.
    This is why I created this thread. I read in another discussion the possibility of Olivea coming, and without this guy, D'Brick is absolutely crucial. If the Jets don't have Ferguson, the qb will be rushed even more times than last year whether its Chad or Clemens. I think the season is done if Ferguson goes down. But I definitely see a case for Jenkins
    I can only imagine...
    Last edited by eric1520; 05-27-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us