Thread: Mike Pelfrey with 2 outs and with runners in scoring position

Mike Pelfrey with 2 outs and with runners in scoring position

Of the 31 runs that Mike Pelfrey has allowed this season 24 have come with two outs and runners in scoring position. In addition, opponents have a .973 OPS against Pelfrey when there are two outs in an inning.
    Yikes.

No out pitch.

All League
    It could be worse, he could be Phil Hughes and not have a pitch for any situation!

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    It could be worse, he could be Phil Hughes and not have a pitch for any situation!
    Typical Tyler. You'd think we posted 5,7999 Pelfrey is great threads.

Anyways. I said it early in the year, but Pelfrey needs a breaking pitch in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Anyways. I said it early in the year, but Pelfrey needs a breaking pitch in the worst way.

Correct. He doesn't have the arsenal to be in the bigs. Mets fans have ALWAYS said he needs better secondary pitches.....or maybe glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Correct. He doesn't have the arsenal to be in the bigs. Mets fans have ALWAYS said he needs better secondary pitches.....or maybe glasses.
    Can't help yourself can you...

Bastards.

I think it's more mental then anything. Pelfrey has a problem with overthrowing at times (And 2 outs with RISP is a pretty good time to start overthrowing as any) in my opinion and that's when he's much more likely to hang something. When he relaxes he's shown he has the stuff to be successful, he just needs to build that consistancy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Yikes.

No out pitch.
    That's brutal.

Hall Of Fame
    Mike will be sent down to AAA when Pedro returns, not Vargas, IMO.

That's fine with me. All he has to do is work on his stuff and gain some confidence.

I see flashes of brilliance, the Braves game last year, almost no hitter this year.

We shall see.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    I think it's more mental then anything. Pelfrey has a problem with overthrowing at times (And 2 outs with RISP is a pretty good time to start overthrowing as any) in my opinion and that's when he's much more likely to hang something. When he relaxes he's shown he has the stuff to be successful, he just needs to build that consistancy.
    IMO Maine has a problem overthrowing, especially on long rest