Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111

Thread: Yankees vs Twins @ Metrodome

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Yankees vs Twins @ Metrodome

    New York Yankees
    vs.
    Minnesota Twins



    ......

    Pitching Matchups:

    Friday: Mike Mussina RHP vs Glen Perkins LHP 8:10 PM

    Saturday:
    Chien-Ming Wang RHP vs. Boof Bonser RHP 7:10 PM

    Sunday: Darrell Rasner RHP vs. Nick Blackburn RHP 2:10 PM

    Monday:
    Andy Pettitte LHP vs. Livan Hernandez RHP 7:05 PM
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-30-2008 at 05:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    LH vs. Perkins (16 AB): .125/.167/.125
    RH vs. Perkins (88 AB): .284/.315/.477

    Perkins has never faced any of the Yankees hitters.

    Mussina vs. Minnesota:

    Code:
    HITTER	        AB	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	BA	OBP	SLG	OPS
    Mike Lamb	16	6	1	0	1	3	0	1	.375	.375	.625	1.000
    Michael Cuddyer	13	2	1	0	0	1	0	2	.154	.154	.231	.385
    Justin Morneau	11	4	2	0	0	1	1	1	.364	.417	.545	.962
    Delmon Young	11	2	0	0	0	0	1	2	.182	.250	.182	.432
    Mike Redmond	8	2	1	0	0	0	0	0	.250	.250	.375	.625
    Craig Monroe	8	2	0	0	0	0	0	3	.250	.250	.250	.500
    Jason Kubel	7	1	0	0	1	2	0	0	.143	.143	.571	.714
    Joe Mauer	6	0	0	0	0	0	1	2	.000	.143	.000	.143
    Brendan Harris	4	1	1	0	0	1	2	0	.250	.500	.500	1.000
    Adam Everett	3	2	0	0	0	0	0	0	.667	.667	.667	1.333
    Howie Clark	3	1	0	0	0	0	0	1	.333	.333	.333	.667
    Nick Punto	2	0	0	0	0	0	1	1	.000	.333	.000	.333
    Alexi Casilla	1	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	1.000	1.000	1.000	2.000
    Totals	        93	24	6	0	2	8	6	13	.258	.303	.387	.690
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-30-2008 at 02:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanks win middle two games for a split

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    So should we maybe get excited about monday?? be nice to see us win a series get us on the right track. When does Posada get back?

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Apple Valley, MN
    Posts
    1,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to say Twins take the series 3-1. The Twins will end up handing the Yanks the Saturday game in the first 3 innings. Boof is one more poor showing away from outta here.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I'm going to say Twins take the series 3-1. The Twins will end up handing the Yanks the Saturday game in the first 3 innings. Boof is one more poor showing away from outta here.
    Kate, how do you like Carlos Gomez so far?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Up against a lefty we heven't seen before. I say Twins win Game 1. Yankees take the next 3.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Up against a lefty we heven't seen before. I say Twins win Game 1.
    Exactly my thinking

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,526
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea tonight's game definitely seems like it could be one of those where we get completely shut down by an unknown pitcher we haven't seen before.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Yea tonight's game definitely seems like it could be one of those where we get completely shut down by an unknown pitcher we haven't seen before.
    yeah that or we can absolutely pummel him. We'll see.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Apple Valley, MN
    Posts
    1,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Kate, how do you like Carlos Gomez so far?
    Carlos Go GO Gomez! He is a spark plug! How many guys sprint around the bases during their first home run? I don't understand why he smells his bat though. I've seen him do that a few times. Could be a sign, could just be weird.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Carlos Go GO Gomez! He is a spark plug! How many guys sprint around the bases during their first home run? I don't understand why he smells his bat though. I've seen him do that a few times. Could be a sign, could just be weird.
    Seeing if he can smell a hit...either that or he likes the smell of pine tar.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    Carlos Go GO Gomez! He is a spark plug! How many guys sprint around the bases during their first home run? I don't understand why he smells his bat though. I've seen him do that a few times. Could be a sign, could just be weird.

    Really nice player who will get better once he takes some more walks out of the lead-off spot. He can win a game all on his own. Best CF on the field for this series. How lucky were the Twins that the Yanks said no to their offers, especially the final one of Kennedy-Melky.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Really nice player who will get better once he takes some more walks out of the lead-off spot. He can win a game all on his own. Best CF on the field for this series. How lucky were the Twins that the Yanks said no to their offers, especially the final one of Kennedy-Melky.
    Final one was Wang, Melky, and another prospect, 1 of Jackson, Tabata, and someone else. I don't remember the exact offer but it included Wang.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-30-2008 at 05:18 PM.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Final one was Wang, Melky, and another prospect, 1 of Jackson, Tabata, and someone else. I don't remember the exact offer but it included Wang.
    Really. I heard Kennedy-Melky.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Really. I heard Kennedy-Melky.
    That was just rumored. If the Yankees didn't pull that trade I would of been pretty pissed off, but the final offer defiantly included Wang. I've heard Cash mention it a few times.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeter SS
    Abreu RF
    Rodriguez 3B
    Matsui LF
    Giambi DH
    Duncan 1B
    Cano 2B
    Molina C
    Cabrera CF

    Mussina RHP
    I'd prefer to have Damon in over Duncan, doesn't really matter to me that there is a lefty throwing, Damon has been hitting everything lately, but I guess you want Giambi off the hard turf.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    31,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pettitte is pitching Monday.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Really. I heard Kennedy-Melky.
    No, it was Wang, Kennedy, Melky and another prospect. Your best argument for the Yankees making the trade would be Hughes, Melky, Jackson, and another prospect.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,463
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    No, it was Wang, Kennedy, Melky and another prospect. Your best argument for the Yankees making the trade would be Hughes, Melky, Jackson, and another prospect.
    I can't believe the Twins asked for that but I guess you guys are right. Obviously they were not high on Ian if Wang had to be included. I always though they backed off Hughes AND Kennedy being in the deal together.

    Nobody makes that Wang deal.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us