Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 111

Thread: Yankees vs Twins @ Metrodome

  1. #21
    The honeymoon is over, Duncan is not that good.

  2. #22
    That is the 2nd game Mussina blows up after an error.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    That is the 2nd game Mussina blows up after an error.
    I can't blame him. He got 3 grounders after Duncan's error and they all found holes, and one should have been a DP but A-Rod decided not to f*cking move on the ball. Mussina is not a big strikeout pitcher anymore. So when the defense can't f*cking field behind him, it's going to f*ck the team up. What happened in that first inning is exactly why this defense needs to greatly improve. It's an absolute disgrace.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Matsui sucks in the field.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    Matsui sucks in the field.
    When Matsui is in LF, our LF, RF, SS, and 1B (and sometimes 3B) all suck defensively.

  6. #26
    It's somewhat annoying when you also have to deal with blind umpires.

  7. #27
    Seriously. **** UMPIRES. This is getting ridiculous. That is 2 plays at second base they clearly ****ed up on. Just because the ball beats the runner to the bag doesn't mean he is out. What are they ****ing morons. You have to tag them *******s!

  8. #28
    I will repeat, it gets quite annoying when the umpires are blind. That's the second time we would have had men on 2nd base and both times they were called out, although they were safe.

  9. #29
    If Micheal Kay can see that he is safe without a replay from the annoucers booth, so can the ****ing umpires.

  10. #30
    why arent any of the players complaing that they were safe...why isn't jow girardi jogging out of the dug out and saying, "I know the throw beat him but there was a late tag and damnit my guy is SAFE!" no fire...these were gimme's for crying out loud.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    why arent any of the players complaing that they were safe...why isn't jow girardi jogging out of the dug out and saying, "I know the throw beat him but there was a late tag and damnit my guy is SAFE!" no fire...these were gimme's for crying out loud.
    It really is hard to argue when the ball beats you to the bag. It's the umpires job to get it right.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    why arent any of the players complaing that they were safe...why isn't jow girardi jogging out of the dug out and saying, "I know the throw beat him but there was a late tag and damnit my guy is SAFE!" no fire...these were gimme's for crying out loud.
    I don't want to be a Girardi apologist here, but when the players both don't argue (and it is tough when the ball clearly beats you), you can't expect the manager to come running out there and start yelling.

    Saying that, the players should have argued. They know they were safe. Time to, for lack of a better word, care a bit more.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    2,137
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay View Post
    why arent any of the players complaing that they were safe...why isn't jow girardi jogging out of the dug out and saying, "I know the throw beat him but there was a late tag and damnit my guy is SAFE!" no fire...these were gimme's for crying out loud.
    It is strange that the players have not said a peep, I think Girardi would come out if his players complained. It is probably hard for him to see from his angle.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I don't want to be a Girardi apologist here, but when the players both don't argue (and it is tough when the ball clearly beats you), you can't expect the manager to come running out there and start yelling.

    Saying that, the players should have argued. They know they were safe. Time to, for lack of a better word, care a bit more.
    Pretty spot on post.

    Anyways, you just knew A-Rod was going to drill a ball in that at bat. He was all over the fastball.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Pretty spot on post.

    Anyways, you just knew A-Rod was going to drill a ball in that at bat. He was all over the fastball.
    Yeah he's been all over Perkins all day. With all the leftys we've been facing, A-Rod being back, even when he's not hitting, has been huge. Nice job there by Matsui. Now let's get at least one run, and hopefully more, in.

  16. #36
    Moose with the nice start. 2 ER.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Moose with the nice start. 2 ER.
    With some better D, it could have been 0.

  18. #38
    I'm a huge Edwar fan. Love that changeup.

  19. #39
    Somewhat of a second guess here, but why not leave Edwar in there against the lefty? Then yeah, bring in Farnsworth.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I'm a huge Edwar fan. Love that changeup.
    I hope Girardi shows some balls and makes him the 8th inning man, if only until it blows up....I really thought Kyle was headed out of the game with a bruised vagina. Edwar has pitched his ass off this year and nobody seems to have noticed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us