Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giambi, Giambi, Giambi....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Giambi, Giambi, Giambi....

Jason Giambi

Code:
    SPLITS	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	SB	CS	AVG	OBP	SLG	OPS
    Season	43	135	24	33	9	0	11	27	28	23	1	1	.244	.393	.556	.949

Mark Teixeira

Code:
    SPLITS	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	SB	CS	AVG	OBP	SLG	OPS
    Season	51	194	28	52	14	0	5	31	25	28	0	0	.268	.355	.418	.772

Interesting.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-29-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it when he cycles back on haha. With Posada coming back, ARod back and Giambi stroking it hopefully this spells good things for the future.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at this coming from the guy who wanted him DFA'd ASAP.

Tex will heat up as he always does but Giambi was never as done as Yank fans insisted.

Interesting Giambi blurb:

Left for dead after hitting just .236/.356/.433 last season while being limited to 83 games, Jason Giambi is quietly putting together a strong comeback. He smacked his 11th homer of the season Wednesday and is now hitting .244/.393/.556 through 44 games. His .949 OPS ranks fourth in the league behind only Milton Bradley, Carlos Quentin, and Josh Hamilton, and he's on pace for 40 homers, 100 RBIs, and 85 runs.

DFA and play Duncan you say?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    LOL at this coming from the guy who wanted him DFA'd ASAP.

Tex will heat up as he always does but Giambi was never as done as Yank fans insisted.

Interesting Giambi blurb:

Left for dead after hitting just .236/.356/.433 last season while being limited to 83 games, Jason Giambi is quietly putting together a strong comeback. He smacked his 11th homer of the season Wednesday and is now hitting .244/.393/.556 through 44 games. His .949 OPS ranks fourth in the league behind only Milton Bradley, Carlos Quentin, and Josh Hamilton, and he's on pace for 40 homers, 100 RBIs, and 85 runs.

DFA and play Duncan you say?

I guess you missed out on my "Did I give up on Giambi to soon thread" from a few weeks ago. I also responded to this in the Orioles game thread?

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=169750

My biggest beef with Giambi was has always been since coming over from Oakland he's been, for the majority of the time, and complete pull hitter, and to me, that is a huge flaw in a ball players game.

If he continues to hit well, to all sides of the field (Which he has lately) I'll shutup.

Besides not using steroids anymore, I believe the short porch in Yankee Stadium has ruined his approach at the plate. Left field is to enticing to a power hitter like Giambi.

Do you like being the forum c*u*n*t?
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-29-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sean, come on. I still say good riddance. Two hot weeks in May aren't making up for the 6 HORRIBLE weeks previous.

Besides, defensively Texeira >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giambi. Jason has already cost us a handful of games with his lack of range and poor glove, hands.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    Sean, come on. I still say good riddance. Two hot weeks in May aren't making up for the 6 HORRIBLE weeks previous.

Besides, defensively Texeira >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giambi. Jason has already cost us a handful of games with his lack of range and poor glove, hands.
    Hey, I;m not a Giambi fan, you know that, but I'll give him his due when it is deserved. No matter what happens, I wouldn't pick up that team option at the end of the year.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-29-2008 at 02:17 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I guess you missed out on my "Did I give up on Giambi to soon thread" from a few weeks ago. I also responded to this in the Orioles game thread?

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=169750

Do you like being the forum c*u*n*t?
    Sure you retracted. When don't you? That is my point.

Also the thread was "did we ALL give up on Giambi AND DELGADO" as if to absolve yourself from simply rushing to judegement and being wrong.

We are all wrong from time to time. It's ok.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure you retracted. When don't you? That is my point.

Also the thread was "did we ALL give up on Giambi AND DELGADO" as if to absolve yourself from simply rushing to judegement and being wrong.

We are all wrong from time to time. It's ok.
    Just about everyone in this forum gave up on both Giambi and Delgado?

This is just another example of you hijacking a thread so you can be a b*tch on the rag.

I'm giving Giambi his due, are you okay with that?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just about everyone in this forum gave up on both Giambi and Delgado?

This is just another example of you hijacking a thread so you can be a b*tch on the rag.

I'm giving Giambi his due, are you okay with that you little girl?
    Why compare to Texeria?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why compare to Texeria?
    Well, I dunno? Maybe it's because he will be a free agent 1B, and many people believe the Yankees should sign him at the end of the year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I dunno? Maybe it's because he will be a free agent 1B, and many people believe the Yankees should sign him at the end of the year.

So....is the thread to imply that Giambi is now your solution next year at 1B? If not, why the comparison?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    So....is the thread to imply that Giambi is now your solution next year at 1B? If not, why the comparison?
    This post is not intended to make a point, it's for other posters to discuss. I found it interesting that Giambi is currently having a better year. Do you have a stick up your ass or what?

I don't have a solution. I'm pretty sure I don't want either of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the question this raises is if Giambi continues to produce what type of contract do you offer him if you offer anything? Teixeira might be a "long term" answer but you have to consider the money you need to sink into him and what our other pressing needs are.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This post in not to make a point, it's for other posts to discuss. I found it interesting that Giambi is currently having a better year. Do you have a stick up your ass or what?

No. I am just messing with you Sean.

Tex is the solution next year though if you can get him while Giambi remains a critical piece of any Yankee success THIS season. The throw guys at the wall and see what sticks approach to 1B with Duncan, Ensberg, Betemit has gone as bad as the Hughes/Kennedy start to 2008.

One more thing. MONEY is not a Yankee issue.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. I am just messing with you Sean.

Tex is the solution next year though if you can get him while Giambi remains a critical piece of any Yankee success THIS season. The throw guys at the wall and see what sticks approach to 1B with Duncan, Ensberg, Betemit has gone as bad as the Hughes/Kennedy start to 2008.

One more thing. MONEY is not a Yankee issue.
    It was in the Johan trade. Even the Yanks cant afford a $260 million dollar team

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly why I wanted to keep playing him... His secondary numbers were still very good compared to his batting average so I figured if he could just get a few more hits to fall in, things would get much better.

As for Texeira, I want nothing to do with him, even if he was having a good year, and so far he's been terrible.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    This is exactly why I wanted to keep playing him... His secondary numbers were still very good compared to his batting average so I figured if he could just get a few more hits to fall in, things would get much better.

As for Texeira, I want nothing to do with him, even if he was having a good year, and so far he's been terrible.

Yes you have been consistent with that Giambi take. I don't understand the Tex stance though and please don't tell me payroll or that 1B needs to be saved for Jeter or Posada.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This post is not intended to make a point, it's for other posters to discuss. I found it interesting that Giambi is currently having a better year. Do you have a stick up your ass or what?

Depends on Tex's money. Giambi can't field, and has a knee that will give out in another month or 2. Tex usually improves as the year goes on. That being said, signing a big FA deal with the Yanks and starting slow are not the recipes for a happy summer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    It was in the Johan trade. Even the Yanks cant afford a $260 million dollar team
    No, but next year about 70 million comes off the books, mainly in players who don't add much to the team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take Youkilis.