So would I.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    So would I.
    Sean, your sig...c'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Sean, your sig...c'mon man.
    Sorry, but when I heard that Barkley said that it made me LOL
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 05-29-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yes you have been consistent with that Giambi take. I don't understand the Tex stance though and please don't tell me payroll or that 1B needs to be saved for Jeter or Posada.
    1. Because for him to sign with the Yankees it will take a 7 year deal.

2. Because, he'll be in his 30's for that entire 7 year deal.

3. At the age of 29, he has a sub .800 OPS.

4. I believe in good defense, so yes, I will tell you that 1B should be saved for an older player that has a relatively long contract should be moved to 1B when he can't cut his position defensively anymore.

5. Money does matter for the Yankees unfortunately. I wish it didn't. It does. We saw this when the Yankees didn't sign Beltran and it very well might have cost us the WS that year. (Had we signed him, we wouldn't have had to have Bubba in CF for Bernie and that collision with Sheff would never have happened in game 5 against the Angels).

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    No, but next year about 70 million comes off the books, mainly in players who don't add much to the team.
    Well, about $50M of that are players that are adding something to the team in Pettitte, Abreu, and Giambi. Not to mention Farnsworth has been pitching well at $6M a year (although he is more than replaceable).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Well, about $50M of that are players that are adding something to the team in Pettitte, Abreu, and Giambi. Not to mention Farnsworth has been pitching well at $6M a year (although he is more than replaceable).

And you can bet the Yanks will spend every bit of that 50 mill. I still disagree payroll matters to the Yanks but we will just have to wait for that to prove itself or not. Beltran for whatever reason is a isolated incedent.
    Santana was prospect love on the Yanks GM's part. That will never happen again with the Steinbrenner's running the team.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    And you can bet the Yanks will spend every bit of that 50 mill. I still disagree payroll matters to the Yanks but we will just have to wait for that to prove itself or not. Beltran for whatever reason is a isolated incedent.
    Santana was prospect love on the Yanks GM's part. That will never happen again with the Steinbrenner's running the team.
    The Beltran "incident" happened because of payroll. And they didn't want to increase payroll to $220M. So yes, there is a payroll limit to even the Yankees. You may forget that this is a business.

Santana happened as much because of Hal as it did because of Cashman. In fact, had Hal agreed to it, I'd bet that the trade would have happened. But, fact is, Hal, the finance guy, said no to the money on that move given all the other money on the books.

Like I said before, I wish there was no payroll limit, but fact is, there is, albeit a very high one.