Thread: Posada injury update

Posada injury update

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Posada takes another step forward

May 29

Here’s the latest on Jorge Posada:

He played in an extended spring training game in Tampa against the Blue Jays. He was 1 for 2 with two walks and a GIDP. He caught but did not throw to the bases during the game.

He went through his throwing program before the game. He threw from 90, 120 and 150 feet and then to the bases. Said one observer, “He had a lot of zip on the ball.”

Posada will DH in a game today. On Saturday, he will be cleared to throw to the bases in an extended spring game in St. Petersburg against the Rays. The Rays will be told to run so Posada can test his arm.

Look for him in pinstripes next week, Thursday or Friday.

Hall Of Fame
    It'll be a breath of fresh air when he's back in the lineup.

This from the AP:
    Yankees catcher Jorge Posada is scheduled to throw to the bases in a game Saturday for the first time since being sidelined by a sore shoulder on April 27.

Posada, who has been in extended spring training, could rejoin the Yankees next week.

“I just hope everything stays the same and keeps progressing,” Posada said Friday.

Posada went 2-for-5 with a walk as the designated hitter in an extended spring game against Tampa Bay minor leaguers. The five-time All-Star is not sure how many minor league games he will need to test the shoulder.

“We’ll see after tomorrow,” he said. “It’s going to be fine. If it feels good, I’ll progress from that.”

Posada is 6-for-18 with four walks in four extended spring games. He had two singles and an RBI grounder in Friday’s game.

I cant wait for him to be back his bat will be greatly appreciated after Giambi

Girardi also said on M&MD today that he could be back as early as Thursday. It will be great to finally get him back in the lineup. As much as I like Molina as a backup, I can't take watching him as our every day catcher anymore.

Jorge Posada got through his game without any problem today. Look for him back with the Yankees on Thursday. He will rest today, play back-to-back extended games on Monday and Tuesday, rest Wednesday then play against Toronto on Thursday.

Good stuff Tyler, happy to hear about it. Jorge is a huge asset to the team, Just another strong bat in the lineup.

Here’s the latest on Jorge Posada:
    He was 1 for 3 with a walk in an extended spring training game and remains on schedule to rejoin the team this week.

Sidelined since April 27 by a sore right shoulder, Posada made two throws to the bases in the game against Philadelphia’s minor leaguers. He made a throw to first on a batted ball near the plate that was ruled foul, and also tried to pick a runner off second.

“You keep working on things and try to throw,” Posada said. “I threw the ball behind the runner and felt good about it.”

It was the second time since getting hurt that Posada was allowed to throw to the bases during a game. His status to resume catching for New York will be evaluated after playing in another extended spring game on Tuesday.

Posada had an RBI single and popped out twice Monday. He is 9 for 25 with five walks in six extended spring games overall.