Thread: My updated Knicks draft board

My updated Knicks draft board

1- Rose
    2- Beasley
    3- Bayless
    4- Gordon
    5- Mayo
    6- Arthur/Augustin/Randolph/Love

Just curious JV why the hate for Gallanari? Fran Frachilla loves him and said if he played college ball last year he would be the first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by sjjetfan View Post
    Just curious JV why the hate for Gallanari? Fran Frachilla loves him and said if he played college ball last year he would be the first pick.
    He would not have been the first pick. I just see all the foreign players that are always claimed the next star and they all bust. There have been only 2 major foreign players, Gasol and Yao, one of which was a sure thing in Yao. There have been too many busts coming from overseas, i'd rather take my chances on a guy from the states then a foreigner unless he's a yao ming type prospect.

Bargnani
    Skita
    Darko
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    He would not have been the first pick. I just see all the foreign players that are always claimed the next star and they all bust. There have been only 2 major foreign players, Gasol and Yao, one of which was a sure thing in Yao. There have been too many busts coming from overseas, i'd rather take my chances on a guy from the states then a foreigner unless he's a yao ming type prospect.

Bargnani
    Skita
    Darko
    etc
    No love for Nowitzki?

All Pro
    I see no way they dont take Gallanari after trying to trade down.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    No love for Nowitzki?
    I meant to say since 2000. Dirk is a great player but look at the percentages of getting a player like him compared to drafting a great college player.

Interesting board JV. I can see not ranking Lopez to fit the team if you think they will run and gun, but why put Love on the list then? Id be worried that Love could turn out to be a better version of Big Country in the NBA. If you saw Love play in any game where that team was pushed athletically he was out of gas right away.

Randolph and Arthur would both be good fits for the team. 6 is likely too high for either one, though Randolph could creep up that high. Augustin would be an interesting choice. He's a player Im having a hard time projecting because of his size. I could see him anywhere from 7ish to like 15. I think he would be a tough sell to Knicks fans.

I can definitely understand the concerns you have about Gallinari. I still think hes the pick though. The coach has too many ties there to pass him up unless they decide on Mayo. To me those are the two guys that are probably really looking at very closely.

I meant to say since 2000. Dirk is a great player but look at the percentages of getting a player like him compared to drafting a great college player.
    Yea, I do tend to agree with you. I've never been a huge fan of using a pick on a foreign player. I still do think we will pick Gallinari though. Not a huge fan of the pick, but I think that's the route we take.

Ok, my new board.

1- Rose
    2- Beasley
    3- Bayless
    4- Gordon
    5- Mayo
    6- Alexander

mayo 2 knicks... that's how i see it when all is said and done.

My newest mock.

1. Chicago - Derrick Rose [PG] [Memphis]
    2. Miami - Michael Beasley [PF/SF] [Kansas State]
    3. Minnesota - O.J. Mayo [SG/PG] [USC]
    4. Seattle - Jerryd Bayless [PG] [Arizona]
    5. Memphis - Kevin Love [PF/C] [UCLA]
    6. New York - Eric Gordon [SG/PG] [Indiana]
    7. LA Clippers - Russell Westbrook [PG/SG] [UCLA]
    8. Milwaukee - Joe Alexander [PF/SF] [West Virginia]
    9. Charlotte - DeAndre Jordan [C] [Texas A&M]
    10. New Jersey - Danillo Gallinari [SF] [Italy]
    11. Indiana - D.J. Augustin [PG] [Texas]
    12. Sacramento - Anthony Randolph [SF/PF] [LSU]
    13. Portland - Chase Budinger [SG/SF] [Arizona]
    14. Golden State - Brook Lopez [C/PF] [Stanford]

My newest mock.

I would rather trade thje pick then take Gordon, under no circumstanc do I want him b/c A) He does nothing to solve our PG problem or even SF problem and B) he is an undersized SG. They would take Westbrook ahead of him. Also there is no way Randolph last that long over guys like Joe Alexander

My newest mock.

With all due respect to your mock, there is no way...NO WAY that Jordan goes before Lopez. Jordan has looked horrible in workouts and some mocks have him as late as 22.

Quote Originally Posted by -inVINCEible- View Post
    With all due respect to your mock, there is no way...NO WAY that Jordan goes before Lopez. Jordan has looked horrible in workouts and some mocks have him as late as 22.
    MJ took Kwame Brown.

First off, Chase Budinger withdrew his name from the draft the other day I'm pretty sure.

I'm not totally sure on this is I haven't doen extensive research on the individual players but I watched a lot of college basketball this year.

1. Beasley
    2. Rose
    3. Mayo
    4. Gordon
    5. Westbrook
    6. Bayless
    7. Arthur
    8. Rush
    9. Hibbert
    10. B. Lopez
    11. Douglas-Roberts
    12. Alexander
    13. Walker

The NBA draft is such a shot in the dark. This draft board may look crazy based on the mock drafts you've seen but look at past first rounds and how many good players are taken in the top 10. It's rare that 10 good, starters come out of an entire first round. There are some guys slated in the first round like Anthony Randolph, Kevin Love, DeAndre Jordan, DJ Augustin and Donte Greene that I just have bad feelings about. After the top three, I'm very torn. I'm not sure between Bayless, Westbrook and Gordon. I want to like them all but I have a feeling at least two will be busts. One of them will probably be a Knick and right now I'm leaning towards Gordon or Westbrook. Tough choice between the two.

But don't be surprised when someone like Arthur, Rush or Hibbert is better than guys that go much higher. Bill Walker's my big sleeper. Played second fiddle to Beasley at K-State but someone's gonna get him in the second and get a very nice (at the least) 6th man or role player.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    First off, Chase Budinger withdrew his name from the draft the other day I'm pretty sure.

I'm not totally sure on this is I haven't doen extensive research on the individual players but I watched a lot of college basketball this year.

1. Beasley
    2. Rose
    3. Mayo
    4. Gordon
    5. Westbrook
    6. Bayless
    7. Arthur
    8. Rush
    9. Hibbert
    10. B. Lopez
    11. Douglas-Roberts
    12. Alexander
    13. Walker

The NBA draft is such a shot in the dark. This draft board may look crazy based on the mock drafts you've seen but look at past first rounds and how many good players are taken in the top 10. It's rare that 10 good, starters come out of an entire first round. There are some guys slated in the first round like Anthony Randolph, Kevin Love, DeAndre Jordan, DJ Augustin and Donte Greene that I just have bad feelings about. After the top three, I'm very torn. I'm not sure between Bayless, Westbrook and Gordon. I want to like them all but I have a feeling at least two will be busts. One of them will probably be a Knick and right now I'm leaning towards Gordon or Westbrook. Tough choice between the two.

But don't be surprised when someone like Arthur, Rush or Hibbert is better than guys that go much higher. Bill Walker's my big sleeper. Played second fiddle to Beasley at K-State but someone's gonna get him in the second and get a very nice (at the least) 6th man or role player.
    Bill Walker is injured but is staying in the draft because he has a promise from a team I read.

I like Rush but he's going to be considered a late lottery at best. And CDR whom I believe is a Richard Hamilton esque player won't be a lottery pick. Hibbert is a big stiff, no way he goes before 18. And lately Joe Alexander has been shooting up the draft boards.

Yeah there's no way those guys will go that high. That wasn't in the style of a mock draft but just my rankings. I might have put Hibbert and Lopez a bit high and Alexander too low. I really like CDR and Rush though...I think they're underrated and will be better than a bunch taken in the lottery.

Question here, as I'm assuming most are Knicks fans...right now it looks like the favorites for the Knicks' pick are Russell Westbrook the guard from UCLA or Eric Gordon the guard from Indiana.

I can't decide who I like more or if either can really be that great. I'm leaning towards Gordon right now. I want to like Westbrook but I'm worried he could bust big time.

Looks more and more like Westbrook will be our pick. I don't mind it at all but the jumpshot is still questionable and we need a guard who can shoot. The other parts of his game as perfect, speed, size, athleticism, defensive abilities and passing abilities are all there but he he has little to no range on his jumpshot and it's inconsistent.

MJ took Kwame Brown.
    LOL...please tell me you realize that these are 2 completely different scenarios.

If I'm wrong then I'll man up to it, but I would put the house on Lopez going before Jordan.

When you show up to interviews in white tees and shorts while everyone else is wearing suits, you are definitely going to drop. Not to mention he has been dogging his workouts (although apparently Lopez is getting crushed in workouts too).

Kwame crushed Tyson Chandler in private workouts before the draft...Jordan has not looked good in his pre-draft auditions this year

d reported in his article that there is a buzz that the Knicks may deal Lee and Rose and in return go to Memphis and get the number 5 pick and Brian Cardinal. Personally I want to deal Lee to get Randolph's ass out of here