Thread: Mr. Torre's return to New York

Hall Of Fame
    Schnied!!

Finally 2 out hits!!!

Damn Kershaw tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

returned from the game a little while ago....randolph almost blew it taking vargas out to early...Wright was great- my old man jinxed him by saying "the other night they said no Met has ever hit three home runs in a single game in Shea"

classy, classy response tonight when Torre came back to the dugout...very nice to see and hear....

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    returned from the game a little while ago....randolph almost blew it taking vargas out to early...Wright was great- my old man jinxed him by saying "the other night they said no Met has ever hit three home runs in a single game in Shea"

classy, classy response tonight when Torre came back to the dugout...very nice to see and hear....
    Can't blame Willie on that move after seeing Oliie cruising the night before only to suddenly blow up. I think Willie would get killed by some no matter which decision he made with Vargas if the results were negative.

calling him Mr Torre is gay. I know Jeter always made a point of referring to him that way, & that makes him gay.

Damn Kershaw tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Damn Kershaw tonight.
    Relax, he's not Sandy Koufax. You never know with young pitchers. There kinda like the old Oliver Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Relax, he's not Sandy Koufax. You never know with young pitchers. There kinda like the old Oliver Perez.
    LOL....I watched his entire start Sunday minus the 1st inning which MLB package didn't have on yet and he may very well be Koufax before he's done. I think command will be his only hurdle if any.

Best young pitcher(though small sample size) that I have seen this year and that includes Volquez.

We will need Mr. Reyes to stay hot.
    The Sports Xchange notes that Jose Reyes is riding a 14-game hitting streak. He has also reached base in 29 consecutive games, and he is hitting .317 (38-for-120) in that span.
    Last edited by chad101; 05-30-2008 at 06:05 PM.

Home plate umps strike zone has taken both pitchers out of their game so far.
    Not sure if it's a low or high zone tonight and there is no outside corner.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Home plate umps strike zone has taken both pitchers out of their game so far.
    Not sure if it's a low or high zone tonight and there is no outside corner.
    I missed Maine's inning, but Kershaw threw a flat fasrball to Castillo, and he hammered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I missed Maine's inning, but Kershaw threw a flat fasrball to Castillo, and he hammered it.
    Yes Luis can't be kept in the ball park right now. Seriously command is where a kid pitcher will get hurt/hit hard. The guys who overcome that (and most will go through it) are the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    Yes Luis can't be kept in the ball park right now. Seriously command is where a kid pitcher will get hurt/hit hard. The guys who overcome that (and most will go through it) are the good ones.
    Yeah, obviously... but that fastball was flat, he probably wanted to get it lower in the zone, but... any major league hitter can hit a flat fastball right down the pipe.

BTW... sick hook to Delgado.

Now that is where you throw a 91 MPH, nice job by Maine.

Hall Of Fame
    Aaron Heilman really can't handle pressure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Aaron Heilman really can't handle pressure at all.
    Is that the problem? I have no idea myself. He's gone from real good to real bad.

y'know at this point i actually feel bad for aaron. i mean he has to go, but i do feel bad for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Is that the problem? I have no idea myself. He's gone from real good to real bad.
    Yes. His last four innings have been scoreless and flawless.

Now, he comes in with a 1 run lead and a runner on and he immediately gives up 4 straight hits.

Great, this game is pretty much over with Broxton and Saito.

Thanks for leaving him in Willie

You just don't know what you will get from middle relievers from year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Yes. His last four innings have been scoreless and flawless.

Now, he comes in with a 1 run lead and a runner on and he immediately gives up 4 straight hits.

Great, this game is pretty much over with Broxton and Saito.

Thanks for leaving him in Willie
    Broxton has not been good this year... Just saying. I didn't see him tonight expect for the last hit, which was a grounder through the right side.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Broxton has not been good this year... Just saying. I didn't see him tonight expect for the last hit, which was a grounder through the right side.
    True, but now at 9-5, this game is pretty much over.