Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Torre's return to New York

Who said Joba is bigger than Bronxton? Bronxton defiantly is a bigger boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Flipping to that channel, I would agree. He's bigger, and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Broxton looks like he should be playin tight end

kid got tree trunks for legs

Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Aaron Heilman really can't handle pressure at all.
    I really don't think it's that...I'm wondering if theres something mechanically wrong when he's in the stretch as there's something not right about Heilman whenever there are runners on base.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    Broxton looks like he should be playin tight end

kid got tree trunks for legs
    More like Defensive Tackle, he's 290 pounds!

Bronxton as good as Joba... ha!

Hall Of Fame
    Went to the game tonight, my buddy hooked me up with free tickets. Anyways on the way into shea, he got nabbed for 'smoking' by an undercover cop in a Glen Foley Jersey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbro22 View Post
    Went to the game tonight, my buddy hooked me up with free tickets. Anyways on the way into shea, he got nabbed for 'smoking' by an undercover cop in a Glen Foley Jersey.
    lol, the Glen Foley jersey makes it worth getting arrested.

Hall Of Fame
    Thats the only reason i posted it, I could probably make a thread on the strip. I saw the guy yelling NYPD and cuffing my friend right next to me and It took me like 2 whole minutes to realize what was happening. The Foley jersey threw me way off. Bizarre.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Thats the only reason i posted it, I could probably make a thread on the strip. I saw the guy yelling NYPD and cuffing my friend right next to me and It took me like 2 whole minutes to realize what was happening. The Foley jersey threw me way off. Bizarre.
    LOL.

Where was your buddy? Outside/inside the stadium? train platform?

The Glen Foley jersey fits the profile. Normally its the Allman Bros./Bruce T-shirt jeans and sneakers.

In my younger years, I used to pride myself in being able to spot the undercover at dead shows. kind of a fun game.

Jets Insider VIP
    FF2 is gonna love this Glen Foley story when he see it, haha.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    LOL.

Where was your buddy? Outside/inside the stadium? train platform?

The Glen Foley jersey fits the profile. Normally its the Allman Bros./Bruce T-shirt jeans and sneakers.

In my younger years, I used to pride myself in being able to spot the undercover at dead shows. kind of a fun game.
    Yeah we were on that Boardwalk from the platform on the way to the stadium. There was like 8 of us, I knew he had stuff on him, and I knew he planned on smoking it. But I had no idea he was smoking it until he was getting swarmed. Thats part of the reason I was stunned. I'm just happy I didn't get F'ed for it, I was shoulder and shoulder with him. I would of kicked his ass in the cell if I got locked up for doing nothing, by Glen F***in Foley.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Yeah we were on that Boardwalk from the platform on the way to the stadium. There was like 8 of us, I knew he had stuff on him, and I knew he planned on smoking it. But I had no idea he was smoking it until he was getting swarmed. Thats part of the reason I was stunned. I'm just happy I didn't get F'ed for it, I was shoulder and shoulder with him. I would of kicked his ass in the cell if I got locked up for doing nothing, by Glen F***in Foley.
    rookie mistake on your buddies' part. that boardwalk is SWARMING with undercover cops just looking for people to pull out a beer or try and sell a ticket. Catching a guy smoking weed is just an added bonus for them.

I knew a guy who got cuffed outside of Shea for selling a ticket for a playoff game at FACE VALUE. Not trying to scalp or anything --just trying to move a ticket because his buddy bailed at the last minute. Wasn't violating the "no scalping laws" but rather the "No selling tickets within 1,500 feet of the Stadium law" which is codified somewhere in the Arts and Culture regulations (or something like that)

The cops let him go into the game ultimately (minus his extra ticket) and the judge laughed and threw out the ticket when he went to court. But they actually cuffed him for a while.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    rookie mistake on your buddies' part. that boardwalk is SWARMING with undercover cops just looking for people to pull out a beer or try and sell a ticket. Catching a guy smoking weed is just an added bonus for them.

I knew a guy who got cuffed outside of Shea for selling a ticket for a playoff game at FACE VALUE. Not trying to scalp or anything --just trying to move a ticket because his buddy bailed at the last minute. Wasn't violating the "no scalping laws" but rather the "No selling tickets within 1,500 feet of the Stadium law" which is codified somewhere in the Arts and Culture regulations (or something like that)

The cops let him go into the game ultimately (minus his extra ticket) and the judge laughed and threw out the ticket when he went to court. But they actually cuffed him for a while.
    On the train ride to Shea My buddy said theres never cops on the boardwalk, haha. I got a call at 7am, he was still locked up. First time someone used there phone call on me, I felt special. Then he asked if my brother who's a cop in Brooklyn could do anything for him. haha

that's such BS. don't they have anything better to f*cking do than f*ck with some dude who's pretty much just minding his own business and just trying to get a little lifted before going to see a ballgame? man i f*cking hate cops. i can't believe they bother to have an undercover just to nab some dude smoking a joint. this country sucks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    that's such BS. don't they have anything better to f*cking do than f*ck with some dude who's pretty much just minding his own business and just trying to get a little lifted before going to see a ballgame? man i f*cking hate cops. i can't believe they bother to have an undercover just to nab some dude smoking a joint. this country sucks.
    My buddy knows it was a stupid decision he's not really mad at the cops. A cop he knew actually got him off with an ACOT or something, can't remember the acronym. Its pretty much a get out of jail free card, the arrest stays on your record once and then is thrown out. But you can only get the ACOT(or whatever it is called once). My brother(cop) was going to hook him up, but since we didn't know how we was acting or what else he had on him, my bro stayed out of it to potentially save his own ass. But he was locked up for about 20 hours which was completely unreasonable.

He said all the cops at the station were making fun of the cop who nabbed him, saying he always brings in 'innocent' people just to get the next day off. He said it was pretty funny, even though the other people locked up weren't exactly fun to be around.

Hall Of Fame
    Oliver Perez:1/3IP, 5H, 6ER, 2BB, 2HR, 5.70 ERA.

Pathetic. What a momentum killer.

I can't wait to see what team gives him 5yrs/70mil.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KellenIsTheFuture View Post
    Oliver Perez:1/3IP, 5H, 6ER, 2BB, 2HR, 5.70 ERA.

Pathetic. What a momentum killer.

I can't wait to see what team gives him 5yrs/70mil.
    Almost forgot this was a Mets thread, sorry Mets fans.

All Pro
    Oh well, at least I can watch the Stanley Cup Overtime.

Someone needs to punch Oliver Perez in the ****ing side of the head...emotionally

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon View Post
    Bill Bellichick Syndrome.

You break the rules, then blame everyone else when you get busted.